+ Reply
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo If you can, I would. More than likely the bumpers will be sold out within minutes next week when the free case page goes live. Hopefully
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If you can, I would. More than likely the bumpers will be sold out within minutes next week when the free case page goes live.
    Hopefully they won't have the same "Timeout Request Error" issue they did when the iPhone went live for pre-orders.
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Death Grip
    There is a site that is trying to take a poll of how many people actually have the "death grip" at Iphone Death Grip Count | Just another WordPress site

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I hate rumors but one was going around that it would be an internal fix. I think that they could isolate the chance the antennas would screw with each other internally if they had no way to connect to one another. I'm no engineer but I bet it could be done without affecting the styling.

If they could do it internally that would be awesome. I thought they might clear coat the antenna to fix the issue.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellsale View Post
    There is a site that is trying to take a poll of how many people actually have the "death grip" at Iphone Death Grip Count | Just another WordPress site
    You can never trust an online poll. People that don't even have iPhones will say they have the issue just to screw-up the poll. Don't waste your time reading that stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    If you et an inisishield or bodyguards you cabbage the glass protected both front and back. So with your bumper you have ultimate protection. Hahahaha. That's what I have and like it.
    The invisishield things feel really bad to me and I haven't found anyone that makes a clear front and back protector that fits nearly as close the the 3G/3GS ones did. I'll have to look around.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GranDaddyPurp View Post
    Hopefully they won't have the same "Timeout Request Error" issue they did when the iPhone went live for pre-orders.
    It will be worse

Green Apple
    Thanks

Then walk away and quit being a baby. You've got three choices, whether you decide to take them is up to you. But running around stamping your feet and screaming like a child will get you nowhere. I was just giving you a suggestion that buying an iPod would allow you to keep your app investment, I'm not saying that's what you should do. Calm down. I'm not a 'blind Apple loyalist', I'm telling you what any rational adult would see when it's right in front of their face. Those are your choices. Make one, quit crying, and follow your own advice.
    No, here is another option, don't be happy with Apple's BS fix and continue to demand a real fix. I am not stamping my feet and screaming, I am simply expressing my opinion online, oh no how terrible, nobody ever does that... I did however see plenty of people doing that in the Apple store. Any rational adult would not be happy with that "fix", any rational adult would not be satisfied with how Apple has handled this. All they have to do it say yes, give us time and we will provide a hardware fix for anyone with issues, then I would be completely satisfied and not say a thing. But the arrogance and side stepping Apple is doing is not acceptable. Why if I am so wrong must you insist on coming here, reading what I say and responding, you go away, if you are not having any problems then good, you should have something better to do then ridicule people who are having major issues. Do you realize how frustrating it is to rarely ever get through a call without it dropping? I am laid off and can not afford to replace over $200 worth the apps, and more then that worth the accessories, oh sorry, my other option is to buy a ipod touch, right...

Thanks

I'll take a bumper

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Please provide the study data that proves this is anything but your opinion. I think most people are happy whenever something is free regardless. So seriously, stop crying. You have 3 choices. Choose one and grow up. HTC has some nice phones. Give one of them a whirl. Good luck fella.
    Study data? You cant read it over for yourself? The only people happy with the free case are people who don't have the problem!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    More than likely they will start coating the antenna with something. It will take 4-6 weeks before the phones with the coated antennas make their way into stores. At that time we could can go to the apple store and get our phones swapped.
    Im hoping this happens. Remember every phone has a year warranty. If the problem hasnt been rectified when the "fixed" phones roll out and all the updates are out(considering they redesign the antenna) ill just take it to the genius bar and swap it for a new one.

I dont even know if i have the issue. I can get bars to drop but ill never get it to no service. So ill take a free bumper in the meantime. That and invisishield = max protection.

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone else find it ironic that Steve in this video ( Apple offers free cases for iPhone 4 reception problem - CNN.com) is holding a device with an antenna? He even points it at the audience.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stasis View Post
    Honestly this should not all go away, and it wont until Apple fixes it for real. So you want to be able to go around and read only things that say how good the iphone is, LOL what a fanboy. The media is leading us by the nose? Really? Thats why I heard about this issue while still being in line to buy one many days before the media started on it... You are the sheep, and Apple loves to herd you fanboys into every new product, because you will buy it and be happy no matter what critical flaw it has.
    I feel for you I can understand, if you buy something new it should work as advertised with out any gimicks to make it function properly, If I were to buy one on ebay or craigslist for 700+ i'd be pissed if it didn't work perfectly. Now for me if I just paid the 200 it would be a little easier to handle, may sound stupid but thats just how i feel, i usually put a case on anyway so it's not a huge deal for me but I can understand how those who want their phone to be naked and free ballin are upset. If you don't want a case then you shouldn't need to put one on. With that said i'd be happy to trade any one for their iphone 4 for my 3gs

Thanks

Why if I am so wrong must you insist on coming here, reading what I say and responding, you go away, if you are not having any problems then good, you should have something better to do then ridicule people who are having major issues.
    I'm not trying to ridicule you, all I'm saying is that after what was said today, those are your choices. Like them or not. You've got to make a tough decision, one I'd not want to have to make. But that's all you've got.

I am laid off and can not afford to replace over $200 worth the apps....
    There's your first mistake. I've been laid off twice in the past three years and didn't go buying new phones when I didn't have a job. Maybe you should have stuck with something you knew worked rather than going out buying something you didn't need when you aren't employed. Just a thought, not judging you or telling you how to live your life. Just some advice from a dude who's been in your position twice recently.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-16-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Will bumpers remain free for life? I want to buy the White iPhone 4, so will I get a free bumper with that?

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

No, here is another option, don't be happy with Apple's BS fix and continue to demand a real fix. I am not stamping my feet and screaming, I am simply expressing my opinion online, oh no how terrible, nobody ever does that... I did however see plenty of people doing that in the Apple store. Any rational adult would not be happy with that "fix", any rational adult would not be satisfied with how Apple has handled this. All they have to do it say yes, give us time and we will provide a hardware fix for anyone with issues, then I would be completely satisfied and not say a thing. But the arrogance and side stepping Apple is doing is not acceptable. Why if I am so wrong must you insist on coming here, reading what I say and responding, you go away, if you are not having any problems then good, you should have something better to do then ridicule people who are having major issues. Do you realize how frustrating it is to rarely ever get through a call without it dropping? I am laid off and can not afford to replace over $200 worth the apps, and more then that worth the accessories, oh sorry, my other option is to buy a ipod touch, right...
    $200 worth of apps and a $199 minimum iPhone 4 plus whatever accessories you are talking about ... And you are laid off? I'm at a loss for words.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blufox View Post
    $200 worth of apps and a $199 minimum iPhone 4 plus whatever accessories you are talking about ... And you are laid off? I'm at a loss for words.
    In his defense there's a really good chance he had all that stuff before he got laid off, or he just got laid off. It's not something you can prepare for all the time. I had at least that much in both my 2G and 3G when I got booted both times. I had/have alot of money tied up in accessories and apps, but I didn't go out and buy a phone I wasn't prepared to suffer the consequences of it not working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There's your first mistake. I've been laid off twice in the past three years and didn't go buying new phones when I didn't have a job. Maybe you should have stuck with something you knew worked rather than going out buying something you didn't need when you aren't employed. Just a thought, not judging you or telling you how to live your life. Just some advice from a dude who's been in your position twice recently.
    So sorry, forgive me for thinking that I would be safe buying the new top of the line phone from Apple, a company that prides itself on quality, I guess I should have expected the next version of the insanely popular iphone to not be able to make phone calls... Oh and by the way, I sold my 3GS for more then I paid for the iphone4 because it was such an early bootrom and has all SHSH blobs. What a mistake on my part, why would anyone sell their old phone, to get the new, top of the line phone when it doesn't cost you anything...

Thanks

The invisishield things feel really bad to me and I haven't found anyone that makes a clear front and back protector that fits nearly as close the the 3G/3GS ones did. I'll have to look around.
    There's a kiosk at a local Mall that has really nice screens that they install for you. You can barely tell it's on, and the protection they provide is amazing. Watched the demo where they took a power sander to an iPhone with it on and it didn't scratch it. Plus, you don't lose any touch sensitivity. Soon as I find out the name of the Company I'll send it to ya.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-16-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blufox View Post
    Yes dumbass, it's called being laid off recently, the apps and accessories were all purchased long ago and I sold my unlocked and jaikbroken 3GS for a little more then the 32gb cost. If you have a loss of words then why are you saying crap?

Thanks

lol

I cant wait for the Jailbreak too much bickering.