Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by stasis View Post
    Cases are annoying, I dont want a case!!! Who wants to have to take it out of the case every time you want to stick it in a dock or use pretty much any accessory with it? I purchased one of those RF remotes for it, I guess I have to now choose from either using it as a remote or as a phone, cant do both...
    iFrogz cases don't require you to remove the phone to use it in a dock for most accessories.

It will be interesting to see if this is the end of this. Or will there be more investigation from maybe a government agency. This is taken from the question and answer part of the speech today as reported by engadget.

"10:52AM Q: Is there anything you could have said in the launch keynote to lower expectations?
    Steve: (Long answer) Not really. We could have said "hey if you hold the phone in this certain way you might see some signal attenuation..." We're human. We make mistakes, and we figure it out fast. That's why we have the best and most loyal customers in the world."

Makes it sound like he new of the problem before launch and choose to keep it a secret. He was only asked if he new of it in 2009 which he denied not whether he new of it before launch.
    Last edited by 1shuttle1; 07-16-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GranDaddyPurp View Post
    Overall, does it look and feel nice in hand?
    It has a rubbery feel to it. I like that the back is open and yet if I sit it down on a table, the back won't touch the surface of the table. I can see myself throwing it on there when I need some extra protection.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GranDaddyPurp (07-16-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by GranDaddyPurp View Post
    Overall, does it look and feel nice in hand?
    I really like mine feel-wise, and looks-wise. But man, does that naked back make me really paranoid about scratches! I only use mine around the house, I use a case that covers more when out and about.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

GranDaddyPurp (07-16-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Easy, you buy an iPod Touch. If the offer is not acceptable to you, RETURN THE PHONE. You're making an issue out of something that is easily fixed. Why should you continue to demand that someone give you something that you don't actually require to own, at least not this specific one. You can buy other phones, you can buy an iPod to run your apps you've already bought. Either deal with it, or return the phone and get an iPod. Not everyone is having this problem and THEY'VE OFFERED TO GIVE YOU A CASE that protects your investment from damage. I'd be willing to bet if they fixed this 'design problem' and significantly changed the look of the phone, you'd complain about that too. This is easily fixed, take the free case, return the phone, or deal with it. An iPod Touch will run all the apps you need to run for the most part.
    Oh, so now I have to buy a new phone, new apps AND an iPod Touch, yeah that sounds like a valid solution... Idiot... Obviously you are a retard fanboy because nobody else would consider that. Yes I am making an issue out of something that is easily fixed, the problem is IT HAS NOT YET BEEN FIXED! Giving away a bumper is NOT fixing the issue, thats all I want is for them to fix it! Here is another option, everyone keep complaining and force them to fix it for real. Obviously Apple would not have given away free bumpers if it was not for the uproar, so STFU, it's not like they are doing this because of their compassion, they were forced to only after they got so much negative attention from it.
    Last edited by stasis; 07-16-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks

iFrogz cases don't require you to remove the phone to use it in a dock for most accessories.
    I totally dig my iFrogz because of that.

so down the road for those of us who have an iP4 now...and say after September when tehy "reevaluate" and for those who still have a problem, will apple let us bring our phones into genius bars for in-shop repairs to made or exchange the device IF Apple in fact reworks the innards of the iphones that come out after september 30th? i'd assume so since we have a 1 year hardware warranty from any factory defects so they claim. so anytime within a year we can get it replaced for a properly working one w/properly working hardware (this would include the antenna problem obviously) if they in fact release new phones after 9/30 that have a hardware change.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9577588
    Precious Metals: Gold & Platinum Now Available on Cydia & Rock! Download now!
    PM me for additional details or look on page 346 post #5185

Precious Metal Glyph Icon PSDs (Click to Download)

Oh, so now I have to buy a new phone, new apps AND an iPod Touch, yeah that sounds like a valid solution... Idiot... Obviously you are a retard fanboy because nobody else would consider that. Yes I am making an issue out of something that is easily fixed, the problem is IT HAS NOT YET BEEN FIXED! Giving away a bumper is NOT fixing the issue, thats all I want is for them to fix it! Here is another option, every keep complaining and force them to fix it for real. Obviously Apple would not have given away free bumpers if it was not for the uproar, so STFU, it's not like they are doing this because of their compassion, they were forced to only after they got so much negative attention from it.
    You can ask around here, I'm the furthest thing from an Apple fanboy that is humanly possible. Your whining. Simple as that. You have three frickin choices that you refuse to take. Your problem, no on elses. You had the money to buy this phone didn't you? If you return it you get ALL YOUR MONEY BACK. You can choose to buy an old 3GS on eBay, you can buy an iPod touch and a crap phone to use for a phone, or you can keep the phone/get a free case to diminish the problem. You've decided you want your cake and eat it too. Those are your choices, make one.

You keep going on about a problem that hasn't been fixed, yet alot don't have the problem you do. And since not everyone has the problem, Apple is giving EVERYONE a case, whether you have the problem or not. How is that not some sort of a solution? Get over it. Take the fix they are giving, or walk away. You aren't entitled to this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I totally dig my iFrogz because of that.
    Yep, thin and do a pretty good job of covering the important bits. The style isn't my favorite, but it does the job very well.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-16-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (07-16-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I really like mine feel-wise, and looks-wise. But man, does that naked back make me really paranoid about scratches! I only use mine around the house, I use a case that covers more when out and about.
    If you et an inisishield or bodyguards you cabbage the glass protected both front and back. So with your bumper you have ultimate protection. Hahahaha. That's what I have and like it.

If your phone doesn't work good, sorry to hear that. Either take the free case, keep the phone and continue to complain, return it, and go away. You're complaining about people agree with Apple and calling them arrogant. In fact, you're do the exact same thing. We disagree that this wasn't acceptable. You can stay, or walk away and find another easy avenue (iPod Touch) to use your apps.
    Who is "we", most people here are not happy with a free bumper, only blind Apple loylests would be happy with that. I am doing the same thing? What do you think people would be talking about in this thread??? You are one of the few happy customers, so go away and be happy. AND NO I WILL NOT BUY AN IPHONE TOUCH. So since the my iphone cant make calls I should go back to the same company and buy the same product which is purposely made to not make phone calls...

Thanks

More than likely they will start coating the antenna with something. It will take 4-6 weeks before the phones with the coated antennas make their way into stores. At that time we could can go to the apple store and get our phones swapped.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

iphonerookie (07-16-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

It has a rubbery feel to it. I like that the back is open and yet if I sit it down on a table, the back won't touch the surface of the table. I can see myself throwing it on there when I need some extra protection.
    Thanks. I just might get the bumper now since it's free

yeah I use it without a case around the house but when I'm out, I make sure the case is on since I'm paranoid about dropping it.

when can we order the white iphone?

I wonder if I go buy today a "apple bumper" would they refund my money next week?

Who is "we"
    You and I. "We" disagree whether this is an acceptable solution (the bumpers or any other case they'll give you for free). Reading comprehension is your friend.

Who is "we", most people here are not happy with a free bumper, only blind Apple loylests would be happy with that. I am doing the same thing? What do you think people would be talking about in this thread??? You are one of the few happy customers, so go away and be happy. AND NO I WILL NOT BUY AN IPHONE TOUCH. So since the my iphone cant make calls I should go back to the same company and buy the same product which is purposely made to not make phone calls...
    Then walk away and quit being a baby. You've got three choices, whether you decide to take them is up to you. But running around stamping your feet and screaming like a child will get you nowhere. I was just giving you a suggestion that buying an iPod would allow you to keep your app investment, I'm not saying that's what you should do. Calm down. I'm not a 'blind Apple loyalist', I'm telling you what any rational adult would see when it's right in front of their face. Those are your choices. Make one, quit crying, and follow your own advice.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-16-2010 at 04:45 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (07-16-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcappy View Post
    Take the bumper or return the phone. Honestly this should all go away. I can't get a good read on whether I should upgrade my 3GS because of all the imbeciles complaining (SUING?!?) Apple because their latest offering isn't... Well, better, basically. This is asanine. You have no grounds to complain when there's no restock fee. The class action suit has no legs (which is why apple removed the restock fee). Suck it up or switch to a lesser phone (take your pick... EVO, Droid X) but either way please stop with all the inane noise that obscures a read on how good the iPhone 4 really is. God don't you sheep realize that the media is leading you by the nose? Enjoy your top-of-the-line smartphone already.

Sheesh.
    Honestly this should not all go away, and it wont until Apple fixes it for real. So you want to be able to go around and read only things that say how good the iphone is, LOL what a fanboy. The media is leading us by the nose? Really? Thats why I heard about this issue while still being in line to buy one many days before the media started on it... You are the sheep, and Apple loves to herd you fanboys into every new product, because you will buy it and be happy no matter what critical flaw it has.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by domanads2k4 View Post
    I wonder if I go buy today a "apple bumper" would they refund my money next week?
    If you can, I would. More than likely the bumpers will be sold out within minutes next week when the free case page goes live.

Please provide the study data that proves this is anything but your opinion. I think most people are happy whenever something is free regardless. So seriously, stop crying. You have 3 choices. Choose one and grow up. HTC has some nice phones. Give one of them a whirl. Good luck fella.

Thanks

I'm not a 'blind Apple loyalist'
    I have never seen KartRacer referred to as an Apple fanboy or Apple loyalist. Now I have seen him call me that on many of occasions

More than likely they will start coating the antenna with something. It will take 4-6 weeks before the phones with the coated antennas make their way into stores. At that time we could can go to the apple store and get our phones swapped.
    I hate rumors but one was going around that it would be an internal fix. I think that they could isolate the chance the antennas would screw with each other internally if they had no way to connect to one another. I'm no engineer but I bet it could be done without affecting the styling.

I have never seen KartRacer referred to as an Apple fanboy or Apple loyalist. Now I have seen him call me that on many of occasions
    I have? I don't remember that! Sorry!
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-16-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast