+ Reply
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by SpartanWraith c) sand in your vagina Thanks for the chuckle.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone oscar25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanWraith View Post
    c) sand in your vagina
    Thanks for the chuckle.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Accepted, and conceited... I am 43 years old, a mature adult, AND a highly respected owner of a major company in Las Vegas.
    Its my right to object to this half-assed cop-out "fix"... If I did business this way, i'd be OUT of business in no time!
    To the idea of "just take it back", I shouldn't be deprived of the having the phone I want, and have learned SO much about in the last few years because Apple refuses to provide a responsible solution for a very serious design flaw.

I'm speaking hypothetically of course, I remind you that I DO NOT HAVE THE "DEATH GRIP" ISSUE WITH MY IPHONE 4! My thoughts are based on consumer and corporate responsibility toward those who DO have the problem. Mine is more of an advocate standpoint, and if the fan-boys actually stood up and refused to accept this BS fix, something REAL might actually get done!
    You are correct and you do have the right. The main issue is people need to stop cursing people out for having different views. As a biz owner I am sure you know that there are tastes for everyone. Being an advocate is one thing. Calling people out because it doesn't go you/our way is another. I am sure if a person complains you don't call them stupid or throw them out of your biz because they are happy with the product.

As for me... I am no fan boy. If it's crap for me I'll take it back. As I did with my win 7 machine. No harm really I just bought a different brand.

Lastly advocate or not. As an owner of a company. If you are a merchant and people return your product. That will put you out of biz or force you to re-evaluate your biz model a whole lot faster than a senator trying to get FaceTime (no pun) or Whoopie throwing a fit on tv and smashing her phone. This gets nothing accomplished. Other than looking like a child.

And for the record hope your success is continued...

Best
    Dennis

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Don't need one but I'm still going to get one for free.I'm happy I never buy one lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

If the stats are correct then I feel sorry for Apple, the media is the biggest problem we have in the world today.

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Steve Jobs is so full of himself !!!

I NEVER had reception issues with my 3GS !!!!

Look at this crap site Apple put up .....

Apple - Smartphone Antenna Performance

More LIES !!!
    Follow me on Twitter ... http://www.twitter.com/iTooCrzy

Smack That Thanks Button .........

Green Apple
    Thanks

There's a whole lot of pointing the finger at everything but apple at that press conference. It was more like a pity party - pathetic.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    In summary:

1. The phone operates no differently than other popular smartphones on the market.
    2. Few people are complaining about reception issues.
    3. The phone is not dropping any more calls than the previous version.

This all means nothing is wrong with the phone. Then why give out free bumpers? Because we LOVE our customers B.S.?

Since when do businesses incur that kind of cost to pander to 0.55%? As a business you expect to see a certain level of returns and dissatisfaction.

One thing is a fact no matter how much it gets swept under the carpet:

The iPhone 3GS did not go through this despite how Jobs threw that one under the bus too. I question if 80% of people really left the store with a 3GS and a case.

Smells like teen spirit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just watched the Press Conference. I'm kinda iffy about those statistics that he claimed. Return rates are low? Well, maybe because we love our i4. We don't want to return it. We just want to see the issue resolved. I mean, I love my phone and wouldn't want any other. But the issue does suck.

He said that AppleCare only showed a 0.55% complaints about reception issue? I know big companies like Apple use SPECIFIC terms. They aren't stupid. I did some intern work for a PR company before. It's how he words it and presents it. He said 15 minutes in, 0.55% people have called and complained. That data is "just a few days old". He could have took that 0.55% number from few days ago to current. But whatever. Lol.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mwr_allen View Post
    If the stats are correct then I feel sorry for Apple, the media is the biggest problem we have in the world today.
    I agree. The media is a HUGE problem. All they report is the negative and the positive gets overlooked.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (07-16-2010)

Thanks

my iphone 4 is fine... i have used a case on it since the beginning as i have all iphones and its all good. Everyone go on your way. Modmyi, i'll be waiting to hear any updates on the Jailbreak until then... This is all nonsense.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 24trepid View Post
    Steve Jobs is so full of himself !!!

I NEVER had reception issues with my 3GS !!!!

Look at this crap site Apple put up .....

Apple - Smartphone Antenna Performance

More LIES !!!
    I actually had a lot of issues with my 3GS. Went thru two returns because of it. But I'm not going to take either side be it they are correct or by calling anyone liars. Doing so would be stupid on my part since I'm just one out of millions that own the phone. But if one really wants proof look at their account records. They trade on the market so it's all public. Hmmmm.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I really want to say FU to Jobs.
    He knew at the beginning there is a problem, hell Apple put out bulletin for AppleDON'TCare not to give out free bumpers.
    Should have handled this right off the bat, give free bumper to whomever that had the problem or requested. Deny the problem, avoiding the problem is the reason why this whole thing "was blown out of porportion".

one half of 1 percent complained... If I believe this number then why would Apple put out a bulletin not to give out bumper almost right when iPhone4 being sold? Would he need to address the public with "You are holding it wrong!"? Hell No!!
    Wiping his butt with lies and more lies is not a responsible company, admit the fault then apologize instead of trying to find excuses I would respect him more.

BTW I am not going to buy iPhone 4 back since they are not going to physically fix this issue, they can keep the apps I bought for it when I had iPhone 4 and returned it. Luckily I did not go too deep into iPhone 4 with apps or I would thoroughly be pissed and join in on the lawsuit against Apple on this issue. No buying iPhone 5 on launch since I have been screwed over once already, will wait until I see the problems that is on the phone before even considering buying it.
    Last edited by unison999; 07-16-2010 at 03:49 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I honestly think the ONLY reason the return rate is so low is because we all know how hard it was to get our hands on this i4, and we'd rather hold onto it with the slightest of hope that someone will magically come-up with a "fix" for some of these issues people are having, rather than turn it in. That number is BS imo.

Thanks

I had an opportunity to hear watch the press conference via cnets coverage and I have one question.

The free bumper is available through September 30th. What happens October 1st? If you buy an iPhone, you take your chances with bad reception and no bumper for you?

I think Apple will fix this antenna issue from the inside with their wave of production from this point forward.

I would just collect the free bumper and wait til end of October and swap out for any variety of issues and you should be set.

It doesn't make any sense to not fix the issue and yet not include a free bumper with every purchase. There has to be something after September 30th.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW so after getting off the phone with AT&T, they will NOT credit you for a case or bumper purchased at their store (They are not a 3rd Party). Apple Store ONLY! What kind of crap is that?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Return to sender 4! What a waste of time. Steve should have stayed in Hawaii and just thrown the dam bumpers in the Pacific. I will stick with my full signal 3GS.

Green Apple
    Thanks

First of all I DO NOT GET the people who come here defending Apple on this one. It has been proven over and over, you are like those people who listen to a radio station they hate just to call in and complain. If you are not having problems GOOD FOR YOU, GO TALK ON YOUR PHONE, CUS I CANT! Just because you are in a good signal area where there is enough to compensate why would you argue with people having problems every day? Do you not plan to ever move out of your parents basement, or never plan to travel anywhere? Trust me, your phone has this issue, you just don't see it where you are... Why would you come here specifically to defend Apple and bash unhappy customers. Everyone just says over and over return it and get a different phone, that is not a real option for many. First most other comparable phones are sold out, second I have invested hundreds of dollars on many, many expensive apps, why should I have to take that loss and then purchase other apps on another platform to do what I need??? What about all of those iPhone specific power accessories etc that I have that will not work on anything else. You people don't think about how invested in the iPhone some people are, it is not as simple

That being said this is exactly what I expected, go for the cheapest resolution, don't actually fix the problem... Like others said I DONT WANT A CASE, I want my phone to work correctly. I use a dock every night, I do not want to have to put on a case and take it off every day, most cases I have seen on the 3GS scuff it up. Furthermore I am careful with my things, I have never dropped my other iPhones and my 3GS looks almost like new. So many fake numbers in that press conference, you CAN NOT tell me that iPhone4 has less dropped calls, I had a 3GS being used in the same apartment and I get lots more dropped calls, when being very careful to not touch that part of the phone, holding it with two fingers... Obviously nobody is calling them because they knew there was nothing they could do... Such disgusting arrogance!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssfirme View Post
    who cares about the bumpers,reception etc......
    Unleash the beast,JAILBREAK FOR IPHONE 4 PLEASE
    (not directed at you specifically)
    Stop asking, stop demanding, stop spreading rumors about comex saying release was after some firmware release, stop whining, stop complaining. The jailbreak will be out when it's ready and working. Comex and the Dev Team don't owe anyone a firm release date, they aren't ready yet, they are working hard to release FREE software for us. Seriously, just stop.

On topic, this whole press conference is a non-issue for me. I don't have the 'death grip' problem because it seems to have magically disappeared. Happened the first few days, doesn't now. In my current low/weak signal area I don't have a problem, and in very good strength/good coverage in Atlanta I don't have the problem. I think Apple did right by appeasing complainers (legitimate complainers don't get me wrong) and giving them free bumpers. This was most likely blown WAAAAY out of proportion by the sensationalist media. They NEVER report the truth if it doesn't get page hits or ad dollars. This issue is most likely not as widespread as the media says it is and it's a shame everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to profit off this story. I love my phone, best one I've ever had. But I accept it's potential flaws and they are outweighed by it's awesome features. If everyone would calm down over this and be reasonable rather than murdering Apple over a problem that can be easily fixed by returning something they don't like, we'd all be better off. I hate people that feel they are entitled. Don't like it? Shut up and take it back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    WOW so after getting off the phone with AT&T, they will NOT credit you for a case or bumper purchased at their store (They are not a 3rd Party). Apple Store ONLY! What kind of crap is that?
    That sucks. If you cant get your money back, wait til Apple takes all the bumper and case orders next week and either get the same case and return it to AT&T as new when you get it or get a second case free of charge. Just a suggestion.

Green Apple
    Thanks

HEY STEVE, Maybe the people having problems with reception didn't call Applecare because THEY CAN'T MAKE CALLS!!!

I called AT&T twice to complain about reception and what do you know, my phone dropped the call twice before I could get out my point...