+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reports: Apple Executives Unsure of Plan, Announcement Through Late Thursday

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Reports: Apple Executives Unsure of Plan, Announcement Through Late Thursday

Although we are only minutes away from learning what course of action Apple will take in addressing and, hopefully, repairing the iPhone 4 reception issues that have plagued the device since its release late last month, there are mixed expectations among many Wall Street analysts and industry observers regarding what specific steps the company will take to finally put this corporate and consumer nightmare to rest.

Not only are analysts confounded by what Apple can or should do, there are reports that executives at the company wrestled with the exact course of action and careful wording of the announcement through late Thursday. As a result of this after-hours deliberation (perhaps a process that will continue right until the press conference actually begins), the Wall Street Journal is quoting one analyst who sees a “higher probability” than ever of a voluntary recall or in-store repair of the phone.

An across the board recall of the iPhone 4 is no longer on the "highly anticipated" list of most analysts. RBC Capital Markets analyst Mike Abramsky says Apple will use the media today to not only address the current model's antenna flaws but also to acknowledge design improvements that will eliminate the problem for those purchasing the handset from this point forward. In other words, expect the looming spotlight consumption to be as self-serving for Apple as possible.

Gleacher & Company analyst Brian Marshall has much simpler expectations from Apple. Marshall predicts that Apple will bluntly apologize for the frustrations born of the glitch, mitigate the severity of the problem, and roll out a free bumper program (via Apple gift card) to iPhone 4 customers experiencing the "Death Grip."

Apple's much-anticipated press conference begins today at 10:00 am PST, 1:00 pm EST.

Wall Street Journal
    Apple Insider

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (07-16-2010), iLoveWindows&iPhone (07-16-2010), reaves205 (07-16-2010)

Thanks

Im sure they'll embarrass themselves completely!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If it's only free bumpers, I will return mine. I don't mind the bumper, but the phone needs to work without it.
    Really?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eg6motion For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (07-16-2010), pacmac (07-16-2010)

Thanks

I'm sure people will get mad and vow never to buy another apple product... Yet secretly will be first in line for the iPhone5 ;-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

teddyf1 (07-16-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I just got my free bumper and it looks pretty sweet.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't expect them to do anything beside telling people that there is nothing wrong with the phone. There "software" fix was released yesterday and there is no more reception drop. However, they won't say anything about people who used to have 5 bars now have 3 or 2 bars.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

problem is that IF Apple has actually changed the manufacturing process to address the issue, they will have no choice but to issue a voluntary recall.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

seriously?! i dont want a free rubber band!! i want a friggin $300 phone that works!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post

So the bumpers are free at the Apple Store, they loom rather nice.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Bring on the fixed phone, even though I have experienced no issues
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Im sure they'll embarrass themselves completely!
    oh yea, cause apple always makes themselfs look bad right... ?!?!?! why do you buy their products if you don't like the company?

still havn't been able to get my phone to lose signal no matter where i am!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question.... The picture used in the beginning of this thread. Is it wrapped in vinyl? It looks awesome with the matte black sides and a thin part of the metal showing all the way around.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

The game is about to start!! Let's all hope and pray apple gives us something to cheer about!!

Thanks

In the case there is a voluntary recall or fix - I've already made a reservation for the Genius bar.

Thanks

I agree, the bumper is cool, but the metal button inserts make it too easy to press the buttons accidentally, and you cant dock it to anything with it on the phone. Therefore, its a total PITA to use... You're constantly taking it on and off!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by globol View Post
    Question.... The picture used in the beginning of this thread. Is it wrapped in vinyl? It looks awesome with the matte black sides and a thin part of the metal showing all the way around.
    its just a crappy photo..lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't care about the death grip, anyone foolish enough to carry their beautiful i4 without a case or skin is already an idiot in my book! So if you want to avoid death grip and scratches, keep ur phone in a case! If u r rich and can afford to buy a new phone every 1-2 months then you should screw using a case and forget about buying an i4 and just use a 3GS for now! It's true though, u should not need 2 use a case or skin just 2 make a call from ur phone. Anyways let's see what happens.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    I agree, the bumper is cool, but the metal button inserts make it too easy to press the buttons accidentally, and you cant dock it to anything with it on the phone. Therefore, its a total PITA to use... You're constantly taking it on and off!!
    this is the only thing that bothers me about the bumper...its not compatible with the dock. i bought the dock and now i cant use it when i have the bumper on...and i hate taking cases on and off because you quickly deteriorate the quality of it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to xxscaxx For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (07-16-2010)

Thanks

So sad. Apple is just too greedy. Aren't they making enough money off all of their other products anyway. Treat your loyal customers right and they will return the loyalty to you. I am starting to grow more fond of the word "Crapple".

24. The Following User Says Thank You to TheReliq For This Useful Post:

JimJam707 (07-16-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya pretty sweet except the problems when it's on of hard to use the headphone jack(again), silent switch is hard to reach, and can't really use third party USB dock connector cables, other than that they are great

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast