+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Brute Force" Antenna Fix To Be Revealed Tomorrow?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo Just got my free bumper from Apple Free Bumpers now? ..
    My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Just got my free bumper from Apple

Free Bumpers now? ..
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Method2001 View Post
    I think 4G will fix that problem for Verizon when they roll it out, if I heard correctly
    This is largely irrelevent because if we are talking about a CDMA phone (as in what Verizon has today), the phone supposedly coming for the holiday season wouldn't have a 4G antenna, unless they are planning WY in the future... which I doubt.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

There are several sites that will be blogging live to pass the news... Live from Apple's iPhone 4 press conference -- Engadget being one of many. But how cool would it be for the bloggers to use facetime for this?

Any way here is some pretty keel articles to entertain in the mean time... I like the woopie one and love the smack back to Microsoft Vista... :-0

Actually, Windows Phone 7 could be Microsoft's 'Vista'
    Actually, Windows Phone 7 could be Microsoft's 'Vista' - Technology & science - Wireless - msnbc.com

Whoopi Goldberg Destroys iPhone 4 Before Key Press Conference

Where is Opera when you need her? She would have bought everyone a i4... With a bumper... LMAO
    Whoopi Goldberg Destroys iPhone 4 Before Key Press Conference | H...

adp
    Thanks

Here's a list of all the tech-sites which will broadcast the conference live (not sure if it will be stream or blog-post though)

Apple iPhone 4 Announcement: How To Follow LIVE

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Free Bumpers now? ..
    He was one of the lucky ones who got it shortly after the release. I called Customer Service a few hours after he did and it was too late lol
    Last edited by adp; 07-16-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

So i'm curious.. what are people doing that only have antenna issues? Proximity & Battery seem fine? They obviousely aren't allowing people to switch them out for that issue alone? The update does not fix when covering the gap in 4.0.1.

Should I just return it and repurchase it?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

adp
    Thanks

So i'm curious.. what are people doing that only have antenna issues? Proximity & Battery seem fine? They obviousely aren't allowing people to switch them out for that issue alone? The update does not fix when covering the gap in 4.0.1.

Just wait an hour or so. You'll hear from Apple on what their action is. As far as them replacing your phone for those issues only, no I don't think they have.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

I would if you have bat and sensor issues. Not sure about apple but ATT is switching them out. The probe is you have to get there when they have some in stock if this is still an issue in your area. The ATT stores usually receive their daily shipments around 10 am and one in the evening.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I tried to switch mine for those reasons, and was denied. I wasn't really having battery or proximity issues, but I figured I'd try. They ran tests and saw that it was fine in those aspects. I pleaded with the guy to just let me exchange it, just to see if I'd get one without reception issues, since I'm within my 30 days. He said he couldn't do that.

I then tried to return and repurchase, but neither of my local Apple stores have any in stock, and won't for a few weeks.

I'm really relying on the outcome of this press conference, otherwise it's being returned and I'm getting a different phone/carrier.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, that's it. Free bumpers is the solution.

EDIT: Actually, free cases from a variety of sources, since they say they can't make enough bumpers, so they'll turn to third-party suppliers.
    Last edited by Trooper Sam; 07-16-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

at least i get a refund for buying mine, lol.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678