Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Brute Force" Antenna Fix To Be Revealed Tomorrow?

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

23rd! Yes!!!!!

I cant wait to see what happens tomorrow. I am betting new sim trays!

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

wonder how recall will work...it'll suck with no iPhone if they're going the swap route

this will be interesting tomorrow to see what Apple has to say. but if there is an exchange to be done im defo asking for a new one.. this oh your phone is bad so were gonna replace it with a used one we fixed.. Ummm no...
    sadly i dont really want any other phone. so i really hope the answer they serve up is good
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

Their previous recalls have been in the form of
    A. Send you updated product, new.
    B. Box includes return label
    C. Ship recalled item back within XYZ time frame.

I wouldn't worry about refurbs if the recall is correct. It's too new to have refurbs. Anyone getting a replacement already will tell you that the Apple store employee likely grabbed one from a replacement-stock, which are still new iPhone's.
    Really?

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    wonder how recall will work...it'll suck with no iPhone if they're going the swap route
    If there is indeed a true "Brute Force" fix for the antenna on the upcoming batch of iPhones, I would assume people who have already purchased will get to swap it when the new ones come in.

What i'm curious about is how it will be designated. Does a new customer get a "Fixed" iPhone before someone who has already purchased a defected one previously?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Kumar must of missed the FACT that AT&T has exclusivity until at least 2012 per contract which was also verified by a court case in which AT&T is being sued. Amazing how all these so called professional mouthpieces think a contract is just going to be broken without any ramifications.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tekwiz For This Useful Post:

MnVikingsFan26 (07-15-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    Kumar must of missed the FACT that AT&T has exclusivity until at least 2012 per contract which was also verified by a court case in which AT&T is being sued. Amazing how all these so called professional mouthpieces think a contract is just going to be broken without any ramifications.
    Very true. I was also wondering that myself, I think some people who use Verizon are a little "to caught up" in that becoming a reality. It will always be a rumor to me till I hear otherwise.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Sounds pretty stupid there doing just a quick fix now but will do a more elegant fix for the cmda version. I just hope those of us who already have the ip4 will get the chance for the "fix"

Good, because iOS 4.01 update doesn't fix anything. Here is proof. A little video I shot (Not the greatest quality).

YouTube - Why you can't fix a hardware problem with software

Brian

11. The Following User Says Thank You to brian5s For This Useful Post:

sh33436 (07-15-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by tellytel View Post
    Sounds pretty stupid there doing just a quick fix now but will do a more elegant fix for the cmda version. I just hope those of us who already have the ip4 will get the chance for the "fix"

What is a cmda version?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    What is a cmda version?
    A version of the iPhone capable of working on Verizon's cellular network. The iphone uses SIM cards that use GSM networks (like t-mobile) and Verizon has (sim-less i believe) phones that use a different network, called CDMA, which does not support simultaneous voice & data. It has been rumored a CDMA iPhone is coming for years but as of yet nothing has shown up and it probably wont for a while.
    iLive an iLife

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

bobright (07-15-2010)

it will be interesting what they come up with tomorrow, but and its a big but if there is a fix either walk into a store or replacement then return this will take weeks even months with the amount of orders apple are still getting, we will then all end up getting device's running 4.0.1 which means no jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    Their previous recalls have been in the form of
    A. Send you updated product, new.
    B. Box includes return label
    C. Ship recalled item back within XYZ time frame.

I wouldn't worry about refurbs if the recall is correct. It's too new to have refurbs. Anyone getting a replacement already will tell you that the Apple store employee likely grabbed one from a replacement-stock, which are still new iPhone's.
    Let's say that's how it goes down... The sooner one would request a replacement, the higher likelihood of not getting a refurb... it's when you wait, and more and more returns get processed and *possibly* turned into refurbs, that you'd have a chance of getting a refurb... But even then, I wouldn't worry about it... Better chance of it having been thoroughly tested than a unit coming off the line, which maybe say 1-in-10 get checked for QC purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    A version of the iPhone capable of working on Verizon's cellular network. The iphone uses SIM cards that use GSM networks (like t-mobile) and Verizon has (sim-less i believe) phones that use a different network, called CDMA, which does not support simultaneous voice & data. It has been rumored a CDMA iPhone is coming for years but as of yet nothing has shown up and it probably wont for a while.
    I already don't like Verizon, but that's besides the point... I despise CDMA phones regardless... the lack of SIM (to easily swap between phones - let's say you don't want to take your iPhone to the beach, but have a old Razr to use - as an example), the lack of simultaneous voice & data... even just the whole stupid "provisioning" thing that CDMA phones seem to have to always do... I just find you're ad the mercy of the carrier more-so with a CDMA phone that with a GSM phone...
    Last edited by LCW; 07-15-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Nips_19 View Post
    it will be interesting what they come up with tomorrow, but and its a big but if there is a fix either walk into a store or replacement then return this will take weeks even months with the amount of orders apple are still getting, we will then all end up getting device's running 4.0.1 which means no jailbreak.
    Who cares, I for sure don't I will take a flawless non-signal dropping phone over a current JB anyday. The jailbreak will occur eventually anyways.

I hope for just a bumper or giftcard lol. My i4 works fine especially with a case. I'm fine with how it works already.

For any doubters this is a brand new phone just activated and synched and a very dramatic 3G signal loss with the deathgrip and recovery with the fingertip hold, not a safe way to hold a 500 phone

YouTube - iPhone deathgrip the worst
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

What's Jailbreak? manofcolombia's Avatar
    Thanks
    omg GET OVER IT!! PUT A CASE ON UR FONE!!
    #1 itll protect ur fone from scratches
    #2 itll keep th death grip from happenin as long as it covers th gap completely (most case do)
    #3stop coomplain th iphone 4g is th best smartphone out there

21. The Following User Says Thank You to manofcolombia For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (07-15-2010)

Ive never used a case on any of my iphones and always kept them in perfect condition by not putting coins or keys in the same pocket. Now why should I use a bumper to hide the look of what reputed to be the best aesthetic feature on the iphone4 with a cheap looking bumper
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Why can't Apple build a sim card type iphone for verizon? The blackberries on verizon use sim cards

Quote Originally Posted by thor740 View Post
    Why can't Apple build a sim card type iphone for verizon? The blackberries on verizon use sim cards
    they are dual band for world use. They use CDMA in the US and GSM sim-cards when traveling.
    Really?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast