Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Bummer, missed the boat. Was planning on learning how to downgrade from 4.0 today, and they did this. Oh, well, at least I'm still good for 3.1.2, and there's really no reason to go past that yet on a 3GS with a new bootrom.

click the mounted drive and drag and drop it into applications after u unzipped it. Then open and run it from your applications folder. Otherwise the password thing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    No, I was expecting a small update to fix the signal display like Apple said they would. This update dropping today has been circulated as a rumor for a few days on a number of reputable websites and by people all over twitter. 4.1 seeding to devs has nothing to do with this update, never was said to be, and was never intended to be. 4.1 has been slated for release later this summer, not the timeframe Apple laid out for fixing the display of signal bars. I don't know why you weren't expecting this.
    Ok fair enough, I didn't realise it was already known that there would be a 4.1 version and a small 4.01 update. Even so, doesn't the release of 4.1 to developers indicate there is another version very close? Do you see what I mean? All the time there is a version 'not far off' there will be no jailbreak released. Doesn't that seem like a clever play on Apple's part?

I'm not grumpy about it, just stating the obvious...

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

does this mean im f#cked?

i have 1 bar around my house nearly 90% of the time
    with 4.0.1 will i have no signal at all?
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

i'm ready for the jailbreak! iPod touch 3G 3.1.3 with SHSH Blobs on file.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    Bummer, missed the boat. Was planning on learning how to downgrade from 4.0 today, and they did this. Oh, well, at least I'm still good for 3.1.2, and there's really no reason to go past that yet on a 3GS with a new bootrom.
    New bootrom... Not sure, someone could correct me, but can't you do spirit2pwn? I did but im lucky and on the old 3GS bootrom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by futeki View Post
    Ok fair enough, I didn't realise it was already known that there would be a 4.1 version and a small 4.01 update. Even so, doesn't the release of 4.1 to developers indicate there is another version very close? Do you see what I mean? All the time there is a version 'not far off' there will be no jailbreak released. Doesn't that seem like a clever play on Apple's part?

i would say it is about a month before we see 4.1
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    does this mean im f#cked?

i have 1 bar around my house nearly 90% of the time
    with 4.0.1 will i have no signal at all?
    you do realize this is just a graphical representation, right? The signal has always been the same. The update changes how bars are displayed. 4.0 didn't magically make you have a better signal.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DeviantGeek For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (07-15-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    i would say it is about a month before we see 4.1
    so a month and a half till the JB?

I'll be off to back up my 4.0.1 SHSH as soon as I can
    Last edited by numanair; 07-15-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Stupidness

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    so a month and a half till the JB?
    dont know. apple released 4.0 beta updates every few weeks and i think we got up to a beta 4 i think so 4.1 wont be as a big as a leap so i would say a few weeks till 4.1

So I got tinyumbrella to save my shsh blobs and it says "click here to open" but when i click nothing happens, anybody know what to do?

Thanks

crap!

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but there is some misinfo on when apple stopped signing 4.0. I couldn't get it to work for a while but I think cydia wad just jammed up. Finally got them backed up w tiny umbrella about an hour ago.

Ok...so I'm a little lost. Is it ok to update or not. The first recommends people to not update but later on it says if you didn't shsh blob your 4.0 firmware along with the baseband being the same, then it;s ok to update.

So what do i do update or not. I bought my iphone 4 from a friend and I sure they never heard anything about shsh or whatever so I know my phone's shsh is not saved.

So do i update and save my shsh then?

Someone please please me know

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by futeki View Post

Yes it does indicate another version is close to release. 4.1 There is no sense releasing a userland jailbreak when this update was expected not too long ago because Apple said they were going to release an update. Even then we knew another update was coming after this one because the 4.0 release left out alot from the beta that everyone knew was missing and would be added later. The reason they didn't release is because it isn't ready yet and there is zero sense in rushing out a jailbreak that is very easily fixed. And since this is a userland jailbreak rather than a bootrom jailbreak it's much easier to patch and everyone that comes here should know that, and should avoid updating. Instead we get morons that come here, don't do research, and ask the same stupid questions over and over. I take sinister pleasure in seeing them screw themselves out of a jailbreak simply because they didn't do 5 minutes research and save themselves the grief. I never really liked GeoHot, but the past few days reading the comments on this site have convinced me that he was right to leave and that 90% of the people on this website are goddamn impatient and stupid people. I wish there was a test to sign up for this website to ward off all the morons.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

Carrbone (07-15-2010), rickuk (07-15-2010)

Thanks

After scrolling through pages of repeated questions, countless trolls, and more repeated questions I'd thought I would come and comment. To the individual seh6183 I'd like to confront you first. Number one until you have developed and released a jailbreaking application do not tell the world it is safe to update. Granted this update has no change in Baseband. We all know and see that this is the case. However when making code secure and rewritten for optimization jailbreak techniques (not baseband hacks) can be lost or moved. This will require a few more days to fix. It is unlikely the prove to be an issue for the smart individuals at the Dev-Team but nonetheless to be on the safe side remain on 4.0. However your advice is sound if and only if a person has there SHSH blobs on file since they can downgrade if the need arises.

I miss the good old days where power hungry teenagers (and adults) did not feel the need to have a rampage on a friendly internet forum. We are all here for the same reasons at MMi with customization at the heart of discussion. The need to troll and the inability to read is what kills forums, technology blogs, and the like.

Good Day.
    Last edited by kwall; 07-15-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: and to an proofread... apologize for any other errors
    Need Assistance? Read Here Tutorial On How to Know Everything

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kwall For This Useful Post:

Chuck1969 (07-15-2010), fidosam (07-15-2010), Lintrix (07-15-2010), rickuk (07-15-2010), Windmeel (07-15-2010), Wolftamer (07-15-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by pirarre View Post
    Ok...so I'm a little lost. Is it ok to update or not?

So do i update and save my shsh then?

Someone please please me know

Thanks
    See what I mean? The TITLE of this damn news report says plainly DO NOT UPDATE. GO BACK AND READ.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

Carrbone (07-15-2010), EddieLeonard (07-15-2010)

Thanks

i got my hopes up this afternoon but they are now crushed again.

oh well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    See what I mean? The TITLE of this damn news report says plainly DO NOT UPDATE. GO BACK AND READ.
    owned :P

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast