+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 85 of 85

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Prominent US Senator Takes Aim at Apple in Public Letter to Steve Jobs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by MIKE DUB Wow....just wow! What's next?? Arizona to pass an anti iphone 4 law??? You're an idiot, and funny at the same time. Fail-Win
...
  1. #81
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE DUB View Post
    Wow....just wow!

    What's next?? Arizona to pass an anti iphone 4 law???
    You're an idiot, and funny at the same time. Fail-Win

  2. #82
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    As if our politions don't have anything better to do... Idiot wants a pat on the back. Why else would he make it public. What next a congressional hearing??? Run our country not our business. Leave that crap for the communist countries.

    Before you all pipe in on me I'm not defending Apple. There is other agencies for this crap not our government. The last thing we want is for gov control on this. What next??? Military?!?!? If you like this sort of crap then move to a country that has gov control over who what when and where
    I've seen it and lived it. It's not fun!!!
    Lastly give the company a chance to respond this Friday.

    Quote Originally Posted by santiagodraco View Post
    When you sell millions of a $2-300 device, with significant fundamental flaws, then deny there is a problem (despite very public and irrefutable evidence to the contrary) then you should most certainly expect such a reaction.

    Not to mention you are have the highest market cap of any American tech company.

    And are publicly traded.

    And the senator probably bought one of your phones.

    Which probably disconnects calls regularly.

    And on and on.

    You can expect to be called out



    A Clue = What you don't have

    Anyone that doesn't think government isn't necessary to help protect consumers is vastly naive. It's simply mind boggling.



    It's retarded btw, much like your comment. Thank god many of us make the choice to not be lied to by companies and work towards making them take responsibility for their actions.

    But I guess by "choice" you mean that we should follow YOUR choice or we are wrong, right?
    Iran thinks the same way. I didn't spend over 21 yrs in the military and becoming disabled to have our country turn into a 100% gov run agency. You have some good points however gov running and controlling something like this is way wrong. There is no safety issue! Bad design at best for some angry customers. Let's take the weight of the situation into consideration. You get bad service for landscaping ect you call the bbb. We the consumer are the driving force and not the gov. We have the power to shut down a company or turn them around. If everyone stopped b1tch1ng and returned their phones instead of crying for a month that would have sparked more attention. But instead most kept the phone because they like it and possibly only wanted a angle to gripe. Apple said return the device. There are thousands of options out there for phones. The i4 is NOT needed to sustain life.

    I lay here recovering for the past 16 weeks from several surgeries board out of my mind reading nothing but crying and people getting it wrong! It's sad really. A few months ago I was in Afganistan making calls to my family from my JB and unlocked iPhone on a roshan afghan cell provider as did many of my fellow workers. Had the tables been flipped by the politions to ban JB and unlock that would have sucked. Bottom line is this phone reception and gov involvement so to speak is blowing it way out of proportion. And be careful what you ask for. What is next gov control on total product or communication?
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 07-16-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #83
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE DUB View Post
    Wow....just wow!

    What's next?? Arizona to pass an anti iphone 4 law???
    Yeah! And then endorse the HTC DROID phones! I'm in! Go Verizon!

    Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    As if our politions don't have anything better to do... Idiot wants a pat on the back. Why else would he make it public. What next a congressional hearing??? Run our country not our business. Leave that crap for the communist countries.

    Before you all pipe in on me I'm not defending Apple. There is other agencies for this crap not our government. The last thing we want is for gov control on this. What next??? Military?!?!? If you like this sort of crap then move to a country that has gov control over who what when and where
    I've seen it and lived it. It's not fun!!!
    Lastly give the company a chance to respond this Friday.



    Iran thinks the same way. I didn't spend over 21 yrs in the military and becoming disabled to have our country turn into a 100% gov run agency. You have some good points however gov running and controlling something like this is way wrong. There is no safety issue! Bad design at best for some angry customers. Let's take the weight of the situation into consideration. You get bad service for landscaping ect you call the bbb. We the consumer are the driving force and not the gov. We have the power to shut down a company or turn them around. If everyone stopped b1tch1ng and returned their phones instead of crying for a month that would have sparked more attention. But instead most kept the phone because they like it and possibly only wanted a angle to gripe. Apple said return the device. There are thousands of options out there for phones. The i4 is NOT needed to sustain life.

    I lay here recovering for the past 16 weeks from several surgeries board out of my mind reading nothing but crying and people getting it wrong! It's sad really. A few months ago I was in Afganistan making calls to my family from my JB and unlocked iPhone on a roshan afghan cell provider as did many of my fellow workers. Had the tables been flipped by the politions to ban JB and unlock that would have sucked. Bottom line is this phone reception and gov involvement so to speak is blowing it way out of proportion. And be careful what you ask for. What is next gov control on total product or communication?
    Before I start, thank you for your service as a veteran of this nation. Not many know what that means to you and those who have loved ones in the US Armed Forces.

    But, it should be realized that if it were not for our governments' invovlement (in many diverse areas), we may still be indentured servants to the company store (which some still appear to be to Apple), workers without voice/healthcare/descent paying jobs, laws to protect us from large corporations, and benefits that support our returning veterans from foreign wars and conflicts.

    Sure, the government seems to find ways to get it wrong on occasion, but I would rather have them sticking their nose into these areas (and "possibly" getting it wrong), than to sit back and just let certain types of injustice prevail. Atleast we (thru them) have a voice, and don't just have to follow what we are told like a bunch of sheep.
    Last edited by jayson9; 07-16-2010 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #84
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Well since im not constantly complaining about my choice, then i guess im not the retarted one. If you don't like being lied to then don't buy from apple, plain and simple. Wake up, and get over yourself. This is how things work.

    And so many of you "choose" not to be lied to.... Um your an idiot. Thats not your choice, obviously you got lied to which is why you are crying. And as far as making a company take responsibility, just go get your money back! That is all they owe you, and the only responsibility that they can be forced to take.


    Quote Originally Posted by santiagodraco View Post
    When you sell millions of a $2-300 device, with significant fundamental flaws, then deny there is a problem (despite very public and irrefutable evidence to the contrary) then you should most certainly expect such a reaction.

    Not to mention you are have the highest market cap of any American tech company.

    And are publicly traded.

    And the senator probably bought one of your phones.

    Which probably disconnects calls regularly.

    And on and on.

    You can expect to be called out



    A Clue = What you don't have

    Anyone that doesn't think government isn't necessary to help protect consumers is vastly naive. It's simply mind boggling.



    It's retarded btw, much like your comment. Thank god many of us make the choice to not be lied to by companies and work towards making them take responsibility for their actions.

    But I guess by "choice" you mean that we should follow YOUR choice or we are wrong, right?
    Last edited by mik3y08; 07-16-2010 at 10:12 AM.

  5. #85
    Green Apple tecpunk64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    northeast ohio
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    Vote desperate tool jumping on a current "controversy" to gain political steam, absolutely nothing more.
    agreed
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts