+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prominent US Senator Takes Aim at Apple in Public Letter to Steve Jobs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
do you all really have nothing better to do than to debate the motive behind what this senator does? he is doing what each of your tiny voices can not
    Green Apple
    Thanks

do you all really have nothing better to do than to debate the motive behind what this senator does? he is doing what each of your tiny voices can not do and that is be heard. let him do as he pleases and be glad somebody with a lot of recognition in the government is standing up for us, no matter what his intentions may be.. jesus christ.

LOL @ eagleye.. that was hilarious
    Last edited by kenpura; 07-15-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kenpura For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-15-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow... I couldn't even stomach reading all of these responses.... Wake up people!!!!! Don't you see that virtually every problem this country really has is due to the government thinking that we need it to protect us from every decision we could possibly make.... If you really have a problem with your phone, you haven't had it 30 days, take the F'er back.... ANd I'm not saying take it back because you read about somebody else having the problem. If the stupid thing works for you keep it. If it doesn't, get an android phone or something else....

I don't mean to make this forum political, but for an elected official to waste our tax dollars by trying to demand Apple do anything is just rediculous.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mj0470 For This Useful Post:

dr.stevil (07-16-2010), mik3y08 (07-15-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxidrom2002 View Post
    1. is its not his political rally to do such a thing, but the request of thousands of letters he probably recieved to inquire on a solution for the iphone4.
    2. After a month of denial and "Don't hold it that way" qoutes, consumers didn't really get anywhere, as far as getting the problem fixed.
    Man, you people really like to blow things out of proportion to make a fictional point don't you?

In what world can you possibly believe that THOUSANDS of people in the state of New York got their little selves so worked up about a cell phone reception problem that they took pen to paper to write their Senator. Really? Do you actually believe that such a happening is a possibility?

truly?

Green Apple
    Thanks

how much money and time do you people think ONE letter took to write?

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

I wonder if he was working in th middle of writing this. If he was, that's the same as stealing!

Green Apple
    Thanks

if that letter took more than an hour to compose then i would truly be surprised

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jomo25 View Post
    ...Hey Sen Schumer, why don't you try to create JOBS instead of writing letters to JOBS?
    I'm fairly certain that no one has come up with a way to create a living, breathing human from scratch yet. And, last I checked, human cloning was still illegal in the U.S.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Economy is a mess...immigration issues, oil spill, 2 wars.....
    Our elected representatives choose a non political technical issue that is sure to NOT offend the left, right, or the over politically correct, in an effort to enhance political favor from the masses....

nice...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj0470 View Post
    Wow... I couldn't even stomach reading all of these responses.... Wake up people!!!!! Don't you see that virtually every problem this country really has is due to the government thinking that we need it to protect us from every decision we could possibly make.... If you really have a problem with your phone, you haven't had it 30 days, take the F'er back.... ANd I'm not saying take it back because you read about somebody else having the problem. If the stupid thing works for you keep it. If it doesn't, get an android phone or something else....

I don't mean to make this forum political, but for an elected official to waste our tax dollars by trying to demand Apple do anything is just rediculous.
    YEAH! Because there are plenty of better things on which to waste our tax dollars.

Personally, I'd rather they spent a few dollars on writing letters to greedy, arrogant corporations than thousands of dollars on a toilet seat.

Side note: Yes, I really did just link to The Onion. And yes, this comment begins with sarcasm...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    Vote desperate tool jumping on a current "controversy" to gain political steam, absolutely nothing more.
    ...Or trying to stop the harm that will be caused when crazy iphone 4 owners cause riots at every mall/store in the country!!!! LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone 4 isn't ILLEGAL. Not yet, anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

woooott! Chuck Schumer's showin' apple who's boss

Thanks

The letter has a mistake .... it says" problem is a hardwire " , which should be" problem is a hardware " .... LOL....

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^ i thought about that but i wasn't too sure if he intended for it to say hardwire.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

New York has had a history of having very bad results with iPhones. I'm not surprised that he's saying something.

Considering how many New Yorkers have to deal with iPhone/AT&T problems I'm sure being told "hold the phone another way" or "it's just a software issue" irks a lot of them who've spent a lot of money on this device.

Everyone likes to joke about how slimy government officials are but sometimes they can be helpful. Sometimes you need someone higher up to say enough is enough.

Corporations have shown time and time again that they let their greed override their concern for their consumers. This is why we have consumer agencies -- to protect consumers.

Consumer Reports is a well respected consumer advocacy group. When they go so far to pull a recommendation and that company doesn't do anything it SHOULD get attention.

Thinking that the guy can't write a letter at the same time he's working on other issues is a bit silly. Democrats shouldn't be the only ones who outcry abuses by corporations.
    Last edited by Dakirn; 07-15-2010 at 04:55 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dakirn For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-15-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^ thank you to one of the few people in this thread that isn't retarded. you make more sense than any of the posts in this thread combined. kudos.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Thanks

Whatever his motives, I for one am glad a US Senator has brought this up and taken Apple to task for blaming the reception issue on holding the iPhone wrong and that a software update will fix it. All the news, forum posts, YouTube videos and the Consumer Reports review weren't enough for Apple to acknowledge that this is a REAL problem. So, now this problem has attracted a member of the US Senate, someone with more clout than a blogger/journalist/reviewer. I say, good for him, for representing his constituents.

We shall see how Apple responds tomorrow.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MJedi For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-15-2010)

Thanks

How do people not like the antena problem? It's giving us what we've always wanted, and iPod touch with a Camera
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

23. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

wannabprogramma (07-15-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

haha waldoo
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

To the people who said about buying an iPhone 4 between jobs. I had a 3gs since launch and was laid off about a month ago. I'm looking for a new job now while staying on unemployment. What did I do? Bought a 16gb iPhone 4 for 200 and sold my 3gs for 300. I made 100 profit while still getting the new iPhone 4. Only thing that changed was that I extended my contract 1 year, as I was already 1 year into it.