+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Knew of iPhone 4 Antenna Problems During 2009 Design Phase

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by pokerizer Hmmm time to grab some popcorn and watch them dance lol You and a whole buch of DROID users......... we will all be enjoying this one!
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pokerizer View Post
    Hmmm time to grab some popcorn and watch them dance lol
    You and a whole buch of DROID users......... we will all be enjoying this one! The hits just keep comming with the iPhone. So glad that I can just sit back and watch with my HTC DROID, instead of wonder when they will make up some un-kept promise to fix, or until they can try to sell another bad apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Caballero....You are in trouble sir... You did the one thing that Stevie 'blunder' hates, saying, 'I told you'

All jokes apart, hope this engineer wont get into trouble or be fired for this...

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    please fix original post to say PDT, not PST

it's Pacific Daylight Time right now, not Standard

Note that during summer daylight saving time/summer time is observed, and PDT is used instead.
    PST – Pacific Standard Time

or just say PT (pacific Time)
    you can see in the original link that they also just say PT lol
    Apple to Hold iPhone 4 Press Conference Friday | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD
    OMG OMG Fix it now! The PST/PDT is confusing the hell out of me and I might miss the press conference!

Honestly... let it go... concern yourself with things other than syntax.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch...lol
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eserfeliz View Post
    pwned.

so now we know why the press conference was called: damage control.
    Apple Holding iPhone 4 Press Conference Friday
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLADEofthePOPE View Post
    Such an awesome phone. It's a shame he/they allowed something like this to pass through. Stevie really dropped the ball on this one
    You mean dropped the call.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares ... Fix It (Fix it and in 6 months this will all be forgotten)

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

"I want the iPhone 4s. HTC Evo? What is that? Is that an iPhone? The iPhone 4 has the three-gee and the Wifis. I want the one with the more gee-bees!"

I love my iPhone 4, but this is the first time I'm actually ashamed to own an iPhone. I do have the death grip issue, but I got decent reception in most areas so it only goes down to 2 bars, with a case.

My town (Merced) is getting the 4G network, so the HTC Evo is looking more enticing. This wouldn't have been so if this PR fiasco wasn't so bad...

This is a sad time for me as an Apple fan... I really hope for something good in the press conference.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 07-15-2010 at 10:59 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Nepptune77 (07-15-2010), Poseidon79 (07-15-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

"holding a press conference friday.... and we're not going to hold it wrong" - Steve Jobs

*crickets chirping*
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianlg's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, the meetings about to start.. and I'm ordering my iPhone 4 today. So lets hope some good news comes fromt this.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    Well, the meetings about to start.. and I'm ordering my iPhone 4 today. So lets hope some good news comes fromt this.
    It starts tomorrow. Today's Thursday, right?

If not, I'm late to work!

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    I would not order the iPhone until you hear what Steve has to say tomorrow. Chances are more likely for a price reduction versus a recall.

Bumpers will not solve issues for anyone that is interested in the aesthetics of the iPhone. Personally i was sold on the "Sleek" design not one with bumpers.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

**** I hope they do not ask for the iPhone 4 back unless say the fix is replacing the faulty iphones and research says all, so I do not want to wait over 3 weeks for a replacement,

3 week wait is the average rate to get another iPhone, I know I have a 32GB on order since the 12, have my 16gb but I want more space.
    Have to wait 3 weeks they said, also paid in full. (ATT.com = have to pay)

Tomorrow is a big day for everyone personally involved in this, I hope Apple does the right thing, obviously consumer reports has made them look bad.

Steve needs to sell Apple products and tomorrow will be 100% focused on making the market better for the company as a whole image wise as least.

I hope they do not screw us over, I mean honestly I use my iphone with a case and it is ok, but not everyone should be forced to do this.

Sorry for the super long post.

Your pointing at the wrong person down there........

Thanks

^ huh?

lol it isn't today

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    please fix original post to say PDT, not PST

it's Pacific Daylight Time right now, not Standard

Note that during summer daylight saving time/summer time is observed, and PDT is used instead.
    PST – Pacific Standard Time

or just say PT (pacific Time)
    you can see in the original link that they also just say PT lol
    Apple to Hold iPhone 4 Press Conference Friday | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zmanforever View Post
    **** I hope they do not ask for the iPhone 4 back unless say the fix is replacing the faulty iphones and research says all, so I do not want to wait over 3 weeks for a replacement,

3 week wait is the average rate to get another iPhone, I know I have a 32GB on order since the 12, have my 16gb but I want more space.
    Have to wait 3 weeks they said, also paid in full. (ATT.com = have to pay)

Tomorrow is a big day for everyone personally involved in this, I hope Apple does the right thing, obviously consumer reports has made them look bad.

Steve needs to sell Apple products and tomorrow will be 100% focused on making the market better for the company as a whole image wise as least.

I hope they do not screw us over, I mean honestly I use my iphone with a case and it is ok, but not everyone should be forced to do this.

Sorry for the super long post.
    Even if they did request your old phone back for a recall, they would not ask for your iDevice until the new ones are available as that would be asinine. Don't worry, Apple is not stupid they are much more concerned with the way people look at the Apple Brand, not the iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The press conference is just damage control now, it is a little too late to keep stock from going down.
    Consider the price drop on Apple's stock, stockholders is nervous now. No matter what Apple do on Friday the stock will continue to drop, if Apple try to make this good it will cost Apple money = less profit = stockholder do not like. Apple keep ignoring problem stockholder think Apple is going down keep selling Apple stocks.
    I am now wondering if Jobs is trying to do a Hue Heffner (sp? Playboy's CEO), buying stocks back to make Apple privately owned company. This would be great way to do it if he has the funds.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (07-15-2010)

Thanks

this is really too bad. The i4, by all accounts should be the be all, end all cellular device. Did stevie j think that the cosmetics of this device would make people overlook things like not keepiing reception? As much as i dislike stevie j, I'm really hoping he does right by the people on friday and offers some kind of solution for all the issues. I think a recall is out of the question (ATT would have to have been notified by now), but free bumbers, full refunds/replacements, and an apology for releasing a product that was faulty from the gate would go a long way towards quelling the growing customer unrest....

the evo/incredible/aria is a very cool phone, its just that all the best apps are still only in the iphone app store. But being able to get a refund for an app that sucks (andriod market) is very cool...
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

get peeled apple

http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-5-and-ihand-accessory-for-iphone-4-unveiled-humor/[/URL]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    this is really too bad. The i4, by all accounts should be the be all, end all cellular device. Did stevie j think that the cosmetics of this device would make people overlook things like not keepiing reception? As much as i dislike stevie j, I'm really hoping he does right by the people on friday and offers some kind of solution for all the issues. I think a recall is out of the question (ATT would have to have been notified by now), but free bumbers, full refunds/replacements, and an apology for releasing a product that was faulty from the gate would go a long way towards quelling the growing customer unrest....

the evo/incredible/aria is a very cool phone, its just that all the best apps are still only in the iphone app store. But being able to get a refund for an app that sucks (andriod market) is very cool...
    Free Bumpers Really? What's with people who are ok with that? I did not pay $299.00 for a case that forces to put a bumper on it. Not trying to be a pain in the *** but that will definitely feel like a bait n switch.. esp knowing now that Steve Jobs knew about the faulty antenna in the 2009 design phase.