+ Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella Updated - Save Your SHSH Files!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iSteed I can use this on on a non- jailbroken device? Yes. I have my ecid shsh on file for my iPhone 4.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    I can use this on on a non- jailbroken device?
    Yes. I have my ecid shsh on file for my iPhone 4.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdwayneh View Post
    try dragging the application from the disk image and copying it to the desktop.
    DOH! Thanks dude. Should have caught that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightz View Post
    Is there like a helpful guide for noobs like me who've never use TinyUmbrella. I heard that you have to put your device in DFU mode or something when you do this I think. I would like to see a guide so I dont screw this up.

Also how do you get out of DFU mode?

If you are a Mac user then I not only have a guide for the most recent version of tinyumbrella and how to save your ecid shsh, but I also show you how to downgrade with it to 3.1.3 from 4.0.

Hack that Phone - Saving the ECID SHSH

Hack that Phone - Downgrade 4.0 firmware to 3.1.3 firmware

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've used sauriks method with no problem (saved 3.1.3in cydia), and been able to shift resore with his method successfully,
    but with umbrella I have problems, the main one is I can never find the saved .shsh file, I follow the instructions many times but still no .shsh files anywhere on my mac. The umbrella file is out of the dmg and on my desktop, I run 10.5.8, java is up to date, nothing is being used on port 80. Everything seems to run fine, it says it saved successfully 4.0 and 3.1.3 shsh form my iPhone ecid, but they're not anywhere on the mac, and when I try to do a shift+restore it is never successful.
    Can anyone help?
    I've looked over and over again on the readme file and doesn't help work this out.
    My hosts file only has the umbrella gs.apple.com
    line in it at the bottom when trying to use umbrella.

Everything seems to run fine, just no .shsh files anywhere
    Last edited by Remember God; 07-14-2010 at 08:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    If you are a Mac user then I not only have a guide for the most recent version of tinyumbrella and how to save your ecid shsh, but I also show you how to downgrade with it to 3.1.3 from 4.0.

Hack that Phone - Saving the ECID SHSH

Hack that Phone - Downgrade 4.0 firmware to 3.1.3 firmware
    Does it matter if the 3Gs on 4.0 is a MC MODEL bro, when downgrading from 4.0 to 3.1.3?
    Last edited by Infamous_clown; 07-14-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks

*dang that quote didnt show up.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gbrown1238
    Anyone having an issue getting this to run on Mac OSX?
    not working for me ask for admin password when I enter it. it still just says enter password

make sure your dragging the icon from the white box onto your desktop before you launch the application.
    Last edited by wiskyoner; 07-14-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: type-o

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remember God View Post
    I've used sauriks method with no problem (saved 3.1.3in cydia), and been able to shift resore with his method successfully,
    but with umbrella I have problems, the main one is I can never find the saved .shsh file, I follow the instructions many times but still no .shsh files anywhere on my mac. I run 10.5.8, java is up to date, nothing is being used on port 80. Everything seems to run fine, it says it saved successfully 4.0 and 3.1.3 shsh form my iPhone ecid, but they're not anywhere on the mac, and when I try to do a shift+restore it is never successful.
    Can anyone help?
    I've looked over and over again on the readme file and doesn't help work this out.

Read my link up above on how to save the ecid shsh. Semaphore made finding the hidden files ridiculously simple with his latest version and I demonstrate this as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remember God View Post
    but with umbrella I have problems, the main one is I can never find the saved .shsh file, I follow the instructions many times but still no .shsh files anywhere on my mac. I run 10.5.8, java is up to date, nothing is being used on port 80. Everything seems to run fine, it says it saved successfully 4.0 and 3.1.3 shsh form my iPhone ecid, but they're not anywhere on the mac, and when I try to do a shift+restore it is never successful.
    Can anyone help?

It should be

/Users/"User name"/.shsh
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous_clown View Post
    Does it matter if the 3Gs on 4.0 is a MC MODEL bro, when downgrading from 4.0 to 3.1.3?
    In my tutorial I state that my 3G S has the iBoot 359.3 (old bootrom) and my phone is an MB model. Since I don't have an MC model I can't test if this would work or not.

Thanks
    TU is a great app ... have already saved my SHSH files.... thanks...

Green Apple
    Thanks

some amazing things have been coming out this summer this just adds to the list

Thanks

thank you! i had figured it out on my own after trying multi things...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In my tutorial I state that my 3G S has the iBoot 359.3 (old bootrom) and my phone is an MB model. Since I don't have an MC model I can't test if this would work or not.
    allright thanks for that, i already tried it on a MB prior to your tut. but thanks anyway, i'll just await for more answer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wish I had half the knowledge that @planetbeing has!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok so i'm a bit confused, i just read twitter and musclenerd posted that the window for 4.0 is closing soon so make sure to save your blobs...now i'm getting my phone in the next week or so..but now i was under the impression as long as its still on 4.0 you can save it anytime as long as you don't upgrade right? sorry for all the questions, this is just all new to me, i only ever had the 3g phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    ok so i'm a bit confused, i just read twitter and musclenerd posted that the window for 4.0 is closing soon so make sure to save your blobs...now i'm getting my phone in the next week or so..but now i was under the impression as long as its still on 4.0 you can save it anytime as long as you don't upgrade right? sorry for all the questions, this is just all new to me, i only ever had the 3g phone
    When apple stops signing 4.0 that's it. No phone, no ecid shsh blob for 4.0. End of game. See you at the next firmware release.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moudy View Post
    right click on it and run as administrator, if it didn't work, right click, go to properties, compatibility, run as windows xp.
    this should work for both vista and win 7 errors
    Thanks for the reply. I've tried compatibility mode with XP and Vista to no avail - both ran as Administrator. Since it is a Java related error, i possibly have an inferior version of Java installed.

No worries though, even though i get errors, i was able to obtain the SHSH from an older version of umbrella.

Thanks

On file so easy to do

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

When apple stops signing 4.0 that's it. No phone, no ecid shsh blob for 4.0. End of game. See you at the next firmware release.
    ok now i understand...damn i hope i get mine in time,they told me at the apple store it takes about a 1-2 weeks to get, so i basically needed to get it before apple drops the new firmware update...now if i do say get one and its too late can i save them on the 4.1 firmware and just wait til a new jb is done for 4.1?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    No. When apple releases a new firmware they stop allowing users to go to a previous firmware. As soon as you get your phone try to get the SHSH blobs. If you can't you're screwed until the next firmware is jailbroken. Again, if you get the phone AFTER the next firmware release you may not be able to get your SHSH blobs and you'll be stuck at that firmware unable to downgrade. Try and get them as soon as you get your phone.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast