Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella Updated - Save Your SHSH Files!

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kennyleeme View Post
    should i do this for my 3g?
    3G is not supported with this umbrella. only stated in my earlier post are.

Quote Originally Posted by blast123 View Post
    y cant my mac ever open this software??
    Are you using version for mac not windows they have several operating systems.
    Last edited by delusion950; 07-14-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im using the osx one is that the mac one?

sorry to be a pain, but i'm wondering if it maybe beneficial to order the iphone asap now before the new updates come standard on the phone...i was gunna order it on monday, well depending on what goes on with this press conference that's supposed to happen or i was gunna wait til the white one drops the end of the month...anyways again do you think from a jb point of view would it be better to order now or wait? i mean does the blobs need to be saved from the 4.0 fw, or can they be saved after the updated software?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lunercrab For This Useful Post:

delusion950 (07-14-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blast123 View Post
    im using the osx one is that the mac one?
    Yes thats the MAC one.

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    sorry to be a pain, but i'm wondering if it maybe beneficial to order the iphone asap now before the new updates come standard on the phone...i was gunna order it on monday, well depending on what goes on with this press conference that's supposed to happen or i was gunna wait til the white one drops the end of the month...anyways again do you think from a jb point of view would it be better to order now or wait? i mean does the blobs need to be saved from the 4.0 fw, or can they be saved after the updated software?

It all depends, new iphones might come with 4.1 pre-installed, and you need to save your 4.0. I dont know what the game plan is, but id get the 4.0 rather than 4.1.
    Last edited by delusion950; 07-14-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anyone having an issue getting this to run on Mac OSX?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
    Ok I just downloaded it and clicked Save my SHSH since everyone is recommending it, but I don't understand, what exactly does this do?
    How about you ruthlessly kill a google search, or read what's written on the damn site that you go to to get the program.

Can we get rid of these posts please? There should be a minimum test to join this site. Jesus this ****'s getting old. Remember what I said about crap stories and people blindly doing what they say? Case in point. Blindly did something he read here and doesn't even know what he did.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-14-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks

i guess ur the only one =(, on their website do they have troubleshoot?

The new TinyUmbrella (4.00.80) crashes for me at launch with these errors. umbrella 4.00.53 succeeds to grab the SHSH although has some errors as well.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit running as Administrator.

Code:
    java.lang.Error: Invalid memory access
    	at com.sun.jna.Function.invokeInt(Native Method)
    	at com.sun.jna.Function.invoke(Function.java:344)
    	at com.sun.jna.Function.invoke(Function.java:276)
    	at com.sun.jna.Library.invoke(Library.java:216)
    	at .AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe(Unknown Source)
    	at com.semaphore.jna.idevice.win.WinDeviceLibrary.addNotificationHandler(WinDeviceLibrary.java:33)
    	at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.startListener(TinyUmbrella.java:213)
    	at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.(TinyUmbrella.java:208)
    	at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.main(TinyUmbrella.java:110)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
    	at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown1238 View Post
    Anyone having an issue getting this to run on Mac OSX?
    not working for me ask for admin password when I enter it. it still just says enter password
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nightz View Post
    Is there like a helpful guide for noobs like me who've never use TinyUmbrella. I heard that you have to put your device in DFU mode or something when you do this I think. I would like to see a guide so I dont screw this up.

Also how do you get out of DFU mode?
    Read what's written on the damn site you download the program from. Jesus Christ. There's also this thing called google or search the forums here.

Quote Originally Posted by bdwayneh View Post
    not working for me ask for admin password when I enter it. it still just says enter password
    I get an endless enter password loop on 10.6.4 For some reason it doesn't work. Hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-14-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    How about you ruthlessly kill a google search.

Can we get rid of these posts please? There should be a minimum test to join this site. Jesus this ****'s getting old. Remember what I said about crap stories and people blindly doing what they say? Case in point. Blindly did something he read here and doesn't even know what he did.
    lmao, you've said it all mate, they SHOULD have test to join this site, and/or to post some stupid questions.
    It kills you sometime just it does to me hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Lintrix View Post
    The new TinyUmbrella (4.00.80) crashes for me at launch with these errors. umbrella 4.00.53 succeeds to grab the SHSH although has some errors as well.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit running as Administrator.

Code:
    java.lang.Error: Invalid memory access
    	at com.sun.jna.Function.invokeInt(Native Method)
    	at com.sun.jna.Function.invoke(Function.java:344)
    	at com.sun.jna.Function.invoke(Function.java:276)
    	at com.sun.jna.Library.invoke(Library.java:216)
    	at .AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe(Unknown Source)
    	at com.semaphore.jna.idevice.win.WinDeviceLibrary.addNotificationHandler(WinDeviceLibrary.java:33)
    	at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.startListener(TinyUmbrella.java:213)
    	at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.(TinyUmbrella.java:208)
    	at com.semaphore.TinyUmbrella.main(TinyUmbrella.java:110)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
    	at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
    right click on it and run as administrator, if it didn't work, right click, go to properties, compatibility, run as windows xp.
    this should work for both vista and win 7 errors
    Last edited by moudy; 07-14-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

13. The Following User Says Thank You to moudy For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-14-2010)

Well now my Windows 7 install has been borked again by BootCamp or something. Anyone get this to run in OS X?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a 3gs 3.1.3 shshs save on cydia but can i save 4.0 to and have 3.1.3 and 4.0 shshs save in cydia at the same time ? So in case i need to restored back to 3.1.3 or if I wanna restored to 4.0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Patato22 View Post
    I have a 3gs 3.1.3 shshs save on cydia but can i save 4.0 to and have 3.1.3 and 4.0 shshs save in cydia at the same time ? So in case i need to restored back to 3.1.3 or if I wanna restored to 4.0 ?
    Yes, you can have blobs from more than one firmware saved in Cydia and yes you can restore back to any firmware you have blobs for. Make sure you read very carefully on the TinyUmbrella website what steps you need to take to accomplish this. This doesn't cause any bad effects.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Read what's written on the damn site you download the program from. Jesus Christ. There's also this thing called google or search the forums here.

I get an endless enter password loop on 10.6.4 For some reason it doesn't work. Hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    sorry I went through the read me file but I didn't go through the comments.
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

Is anyone having trouble trying to use tinyumbrella on osx? it wont let me open it when i download it after entering my password on my macbook pro..anyone pls help..

^That was a reply to Nightz asking a question that he shouldn't have. The front page of the website tell you what you need to know. A little scrolling down the page goes a long way.

worked like a charm on osx for me... make sure you pull the file out of the .dmg (as stated in the readme file)... I had to enter my admin password twice but other than that both mine and my wife's iphone4's have been backed up... the only issue I did have was other than clicking on the "show SHSH files" from with in the program my imac wont show the folder where they are stored. (even going through "/users//.shsh" (obiously changing "your username" for my admin username") like the readme says...)
    Last edited by ebola1282; 07-14-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: update

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ebola1282 For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-14-2010)

Hi guys, im running on a Iphone 3GS 4.0 and i just ran this and saved both 4.0 and 3.1.3. It says "the following device can be safely be restored to 3GS 4.0 and 3GS 3.1.3" does this really mean i can downgrade to 3.1.3 RIGHT NOW on the MC MODEL?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motoconcho View Post
    Is anyone having trouble trying to use tinyumbrella on osx? it wont let me open it when i download it after entering my password on my macbook pro..anyone pls help..
    try dragging the application from the disk image and copying it to the desktop.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bdwayneh For This Useful Post:

gbrown1238 (07-14-2010), KartRacer (07-14-2010), motoconcho (07-14-2010)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast