+ Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella Updated - Save Your SHSH Files!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mikesmac probably a stupid questions but I have already backed up the shsh blobs from both of my iPhone 4's. How ever I had to replace the
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmac View Post
    probably a stupid questions but I have already backed up the shsh blobs from both of my iPhone 4's. How ever I had to replace the sim in one of those phones do I have to back up the phone again since I changed the sim or does that even matter. Any info will be helpful....
    Nope, the SHSH is tied to your hardware. No reason to get them again, you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by KiraXD View Post
    too late for iphone 4 4.0 shsh.

if i continue to do what ive always done (never update my iphone with apple, always waited for jailbreak updates) should i be ok staying with 4.0 and just not update untill jailbreak update?
    You should be fine, just do what you always do and update when the Dev Team says it's okay to do so. You should be alright even if you go to 4.0.1 because nothing changed except for the signal bars calculation.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-19-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Thanks!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

my iphone 3Gs SHSHs

no spam

Thanks

Help!!
    Im having trouble saving the SHSH blobs on my iPhone 4(4.0.1) it just stays at processing request, I try 3 diferents computers

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Im having trouble saving my 4.0.1 blobs for iphone 4 tiny umbrella is reading my iphone as ipad 3.2 for some reason and keeps saying invalid device.

Nevermind fixed it.. Saved my blobs now.
    Last edited by HAVOKGT; 07-22-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

Having the same problem. Just hangs up at processing request.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    I can use this on on a non- jailbroken device?
    Yes you can and it's recommanded for you to do this.

Thanks

Whew! Done - and not a moment too soon!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Anybody know how to use shsh to downgrade Iphone 4 as I tried the 3gs method and it would not work?

Thanks

This will not work on g4 ppc?

Thanks

I have my 4.0 and 4.0.1 blobs backed up for my iPhone 4. I can restore from a previous back up, but if I try and restore it all the way back to factory, itunes says it will upgrade me to 4.0.2. I have my host file modified. another funny thing is I still have my jailbreak, and all my jailbroken apps after I restore. Can anyone provide me some insight?

dragonofjapan
    Default 1 iphone 3.1.2 tethered 1 iphone 4.0.2
    [QUOTE=Owen Priestley;5344111]With the new iOS 4.1 update around the corner, it is more important than ever to back up your SHSH files to ensure that you will be able to downgrade to 4.0 after the new update has been released.

TinyUmbrella, a handy application which allows you to both save your SHSH files and also use them to downgrade, isn't new - but it has been updated with performance improvements and a nice big GUI upgrade. More information on the improvements and the new features can be found at the developers blog, here. With 4.1 right around the corner, we figured now's a good time to remind everyone.

I have two 3gs iphones one is still back at 3.1.2 or 3 and is tethered.

Second one has never been hacked and is at 4.02

Is there a way to save my 3.1.2 shsh (or whatever that is) up to cydia or get it out of my phone

and then can some real actual computer wiz guide me through the steps to change whatever is inside so my second phone thinks that it is its SHSH file?

I assume they must be identified by a serial number of the phone, so it would seem to me if I can get this onto my iMac and use terminal? or open it as an ascii text file and find that serial number or iphone1 and change it to the serial number of iphone 2 then load that up wherever it needs to go I could have a SHSH file for iphone2.

Now let me say I am the original MaC USER. I do not know how to Compute (I understand the concept and theories,) but I just wanna use the damned computers.

I am however a smart guy, just ignorant.

If this works, it seems it could solve the problem for everyone in the unhacked 4.0 3gs boat.

They could download a generic file with a series of xxxxxxxxx in the serial number spaces and put in their phones serial number and be good to go.

Is there a Real Computer Hacker/User who can put this idea to the test? or provide a step by step?

Thanks in advance

DoJ

Thanks

Can you change you unique processor Id? Can you change your udid? Can you change your serial number?
    If the answer to all three of these is yes, then we MIGHT have a chance. Until then, just behave and pray like the rest of us!
    Unklbyl

+ Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314