+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Beta Now Available To Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Don't know if somebody already mention it, but today (or tomorrow, i don't know which day it already is in the USA, because i'm living in the Netherlands) Apple is
    Thanks

Don't know if somebody already mention it, but today (or tomorrow, i don't know which day it already is in the USA, because i'm living in the Netherlands) Apple is gonna release iOS 4.0.1 at 7pm (+1 GMT zone)

This means (if i'm right), that the JB is gonna be released soon....

Check the actual versions of iOS on the apple servers over here: iOS Firmware

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    That's awesome

So hopefully this means jailbreak in the near future

I'm not updating though.

Thanks

LOL @ the noobs in this thread!

I'll believe the watermark bull once the dev-team claims it's true.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    Hahahahaha, the signal issue is still there... FAIL

This pushes me 100% for sure I want to return the iPhone and get the Captivate.

Developing a software is not a day/month or a year work. Many beta versions will come until apple fully rely on saying they got the perfect product as iPhone 4. For example if we cannot satisfy with what we have then stop complaining. I feel they are already trying hard to test and create the best version of ios 4 and until they come to conclusion we should live, and be satisfied with it. Although apple has fully given everyone an option to return anytime within 30 days, if you are not satisfied.

Sorry but this is the word of truth.

Thanks

they have screwed up pretty bad with the iPhone 4 but I'm sure they will fix it and exchange every phone that has the "death grip"
    Remember people even without a jailbreak the iPhone is by far the best phone out there

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsanchez View Post
    Remember people even without a jailbreak the iPhone is by far the best phone out there

.....i wouldnt say that

Thanks

Cerote's birthday present has arrived
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes!!! Bring on the Jailbreak and Unlock PLEASE!!!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to allanes5 For This Useful Post:

posrjak (07-14-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allanes5 View Post
    Yes!!! Bring on the Jailbreak and Unlock PLEASE!!!!!!!
    It'll be a couple weeks, at the least.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon132 View Post
    .....i wouldnt say that
    What would u say is better than the iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I upgraded to 4.0 and I regret it. Can't wait to jailbreak 4.0!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Cerote's birthday present has arrived
    Getting threads mixed up there Waldo?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magic8ball88 View Post
    I hope that 4.1 includes quickreply. Really missing that, even with multitasking.

We probably won't see 4.1 until September though when the new iPods are announced.
    I was wondering why the slides at WWDC showed 'In-app SMS' and its nowhere to be found.

iPhone? More like MyPhone j.eck.art.3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, hey, hey... I've been a jailbreaker for years... But on my 3G, never had to deal with backing up my blobs before. :P

Thanks

****. I'm sitting here looking at the gorgeous iPhone 4 that finally arrived in the mail today. It's sitting next to my jailbroken 3GS.

*waits patiently for jailbreak*
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I was wondering why the slides at WWDC showed 'In-app SMS' and its nowhere to be found.
    I've always thought they meant apps would be allowed to have you send texts through them. I mean for example, if I wanted to play a friend in a game of ______, I would be able to send that contact a text while still int he app to request the game. That's a crappy example as there are much easier ways to implement such a request, but you hopefully get the idea.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-14-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

TinyUmbrella for iOS 4 ? Save SHSH Blobs (ECID SHSH) [How-to]
    Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    Where do we back up our SHSH blobs? @planetbeing noted one in a tweet. Not sure if that's the all source or if theres many.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyarab1088 For This Useful Post:

JimJam707 (07-15-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I hope that watermark crap is wrong. Getting ready to order a second i4 and dont want it to come with 4.1 if its true.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok as promised I did a un scientific small test with the 4.1 beta. Now before any of the haters bashes me like they did poor Geohotz I will give you my thoughts and a bit about me and what I found...
    I am an explosive engineer, Beta tester, work with ElectroMagnetic radiation or (EMR) with regards to explosives NOT cell Phones directly only the freq and effects with regards to distance and safety... Now that said while I have over 20 yrs of experience with waves frequencies I am no Cell Phone reception expert nor do I have the proper tools at home to measure true freq,s... Ok hopefully that sums up any of the "haters" from bashing.

What I have is three iPhone 4's, 1 3GS on 3.1.3 one on 4.0 and a Motorola razor (I know Y2K called they want their grandmas phone back lol) All phones are on ATT.

Of my i4's I can replicate signal (bar loss) on all but one. My 3Gs looses only 1 bar and my Motorola razor loses one bar when I palm them. The i4's on 4.0 loose 3 bars then show just ATT.

I installed 4.1(8B5080C) with Modem firmware 02.07.01 (this is a change all so I suspect the current JB/Unlock will not work so DO not upgrade or BACK UP YOUR SSH (TinyUmbrella software works great google it to find it) if you wish to JB or Unlock...

I set my 3gs with 3.1.3, Mot Razor, and i4 with 4.1 side by side without touching them. Here is what I found

Mot razor = 3 Bars
    3GS = 5 bars
    i4 = 3 bars (on 4.0 I had 5 Bars)

I picked up the phones and palmed them to try and get the DEATH GRIP.

Mot Razor = 2 Bars
    3GS = 3 bars
    i4 = 2 bars

I then took the phones outside my house where I get full reception on 3G. and set them on a table.

Mot razor = full bars
    3GS = 5 bars
    i4 = 5 Bars

I then picked up the phones and palmed the heck out of them again...

Mot razor = full bars
    3GS = 5 Bars
    i4 = 5 Bars

Lastly I took the wifes i4 running 4.0 with the death grip and ran the same tests.

Inside with not touching
    i4 4.0 full bars
    touching = 2 bars

Outside not touching was 5 bars and palming was also 5 bars eventually dropping to 4 after about 30 seconds.

Lastly I went my computer room where my Mot razor gets 1 bar on a good day but mostly no service.
    The motorola had 1 bar of service
    i4 with ios 4 had 5 bars
    3gs had 4 bars
    i4 on ios 4.1 had 1 bar edge

With the death grip the signal was:
    i4 IOS 4 had 1 bar then just ATT.
    3gs had 3 bars
    i4 on 4.1 just ATT
    Mot Razor - not a damn thing!!!

So what I conclude is The taller bars ref;ect what I have had all along measuring with my MOT Razor. The iPhone was increasing the amount of signal strength thru graphic interface only. So the update seems to show ATT's true signal. And with good reception (hence outside) the death grip was a non issue.

Take this for what its worth (simple thanks or about $.02 ) but I feel this helps. As far as the error in the first place.... Here is my opinion...You ready?!?!

When the 1st gen came out people were complaining about ATT's signal strength and ATTs dropped calls where well before the introduction of the iPhone. Apple in attempts to Aid its bed partner or perhaps to boost its already Bad ***** devise wrote a plus up algorithm to benefit ATT and it self. Well the i4 came out and because the antenna is on the out side (yes it does effect it especially in low sig areas) APPLE dug up their old files in a sealed vault in Cupertino and said OMG!!! We got busted!!! LMAO...

Seriously I believe this is a good fix (At least for me and what I can see). Yes their is sig loss with the exposed antenna but now its not as bad and shows what other phones have been showing all along. In addition even with the signal loss The download speed was the same and I have never experienced dropped calls from the death grip. Only dropped calls was with the wifes phone and what we found was its was NOT the DEATH GRIP. It was the stupid proximity sensor coming on and hanging up!!! (we fixed the sensor issue and no dropped calls since.

This makes me wonder if all the reports (still haven't seen any showing on the tube ) are not dropping from the grip issue but from the sensor coming on...?? hmmm

Finally I went to my ATT store and asked them about the cell micro tower. and low and behold its FREE to all with an account. Not just certain people. You pay 150 upfront and they will send you a prepaid credit card for 150. Free to me.... ;-)

Sorry about the messy post Im typing from my iPhone...

Best
    Dennis
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 07-14-2010 at 06:37 PM.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

Buckmaster (07-14-2010), charlyc (07-14-2010), durdan1 (07-14-2010), iphonerookie (07-14-2010), lulzMike (07-14-2010), mortopher (07-14-2010), posrjak (07-14-2010), waroftyr (07-14-2010), Windmeel (07-14-2010), ~Steve Jobs~ (07-14-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    I've always thought they meant apps would be allowed to have you send texts through them. I mean for example, if I wanted to play a friend in a game of ______, I would be able to send that contact a text while still int he app to request the game. That's a crappy example as there are much easier ways to implement such a request, but you hopefully get the idea.
    Ah. Gotcha. I was thinking you could reply to a text while still in app, but that would actually make sense! Thanks for the clarification and your idea makes much more sense.

Maybe in this update we can change the damn text and mail sounds and I hope to god we get a different notification stem than the currently infuriating one. Nothing makes me more pissed off than getting a text alert that completely interrupts what I'm doing. That makes me so damn mad. I can't believe they've stuck to such a stupid and broken system and after 4 major OS releases we still have to use the same six lame *** notification sounds. NO excuse for that.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast