+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some iPhone 4 Buyers Think Devices Are Already Being Built Differently

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by spiderguy84 I got my iPhone the 23rd, pre-ordered opening pre-order day, and I've never had any problems with signal strength when i hold it a certain way.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    I got my iPhone the 23rd, pre-ordered opening pre-order day, and I've never had any problems with signal strength when i hold it a certain way. I think the media is blowing this WAY out of proportion.
    true what u said,i think they just wanna see Apple fall,but thats not gonna happen,they making gud products

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    The reason why some of you experience it and some don't is because it depends on your signal strength. If you are in an area with weak reception, you will experience the problem. I can replicate the problem any day at home, but not at work where I constantly have 5 bars
    So, let's get this straight. If you are in an area where there is poorer signal, you can obscure the antenna and cause it to lose more signal...Correct me if I'm wrong, but, every phone I've ever had has had the issue of going inside a building in a weak signal area of town, and dropping calls. Does that mean I could have been demanding recalls this whole time? Man, I've missed out.

Thanks

The reason why some of you experience it and some don't is because it depends on your signal strength. If you are in an area with weak reception, you will experience the problem. I can replicate the problem any day at home, but not at work where I constantly have 5 bars
    i agree with you i pre ordered the phone and got it on june 23 i dont have any problems with the sigal bars or antenna

Thanks

well with the failing proxy and death grip and telling the ppl that your holding it wrong this must be apple way of saying that no there are no problems here!

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    will be interesting to see if the white iphone will have any of these problems or if they have been revamping them thats why they werent released
    maybe apple knew of this problem and just wanted to push the release and then whenever the white phone comes out this may be fixed since they seem to be fixing the problem
    Last edited by ecd5000; 07-14-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

adp
    Thanks

So, let's get this straight. If you are in an area where there is poorer signal, you can obscure the antenna and cause it to lose more signal...Correct me if I'm wrong, but, every phone I've ever had has had the issue of going inside a building in a weak signal area of town, and dropping calls. Does that mean I could have been demanding recalls this whole time? Man, I've missed out.
    No, this issue is only happening with this phone. Let me give you an example.

With the iPhone 3G, when I was home, I had 2-3 bars regardless of how I held it. With the iPhone 4, I have 3-4 bars, but when I hold it with my left hand, the signal drops to one bar.

When I'm at work I have full bars on both phones regardless of how I hold it.

I'm not the only one experiencing it. But if your phone's antenna was exposed as it is in the iPhone 4 and you held it in an area with low signal, then yes - your signal will decrease even more. You probably haven't had any bare antenna phones before though. Most have them internally.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

This has been my experience as well. Strong signal, death grip does nothing. Weak signal, and death grip prob easy to replicate.

Thanks

No, this issue is only happening with this phone. Let me give you an example.

With the iPhone 3G, when I was home, I had 2-3 bars regardless of how I held it. With the iPhone 4, I have 3-4 bars, but when I hold it with my left hand, the signal drops to one bar.

When I'm at work I have full bars on both phones regardless of how I hold it.

I'm not the only one experiencing it. But if your phone's antenna was exposed as it is in the iPhone 4 and you held it in an area with low signal, then yes - your signal will decrease even more. You probably haven't had any bare antenna phones before though. Most have them internally.
    I still believe this has been blown way out of proportion by media and blog sites. As I mentioned before, we hear more of this than we did the Toyota cars that were recalled. I personally know 0 people who have any of the supposed widespread problems with the iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    I think that apple knew about the problem from the beginning,look at how fast the "bumper" showed up in the apple store.
    Yup...bumpers were conveniently available first day. The bumper looks like a good case option to offer protection and show off the front and back glass, but it also conveniently covers the antenna band and prevents the death grip. Coincidence? Not likely.

adp
    Thanks

I still believe this has been blown way out of proportion by media and blog sites. As I mentioned before, we hear more of this than we did the Toyota cars that were recalled. I personally know 0 people who have any of the supposed widespread problems with the iPhone 4
    Well I'm not sure of how many iPhone 4 users you personally know. Also, a lot of people don't notice the problem until the call (if ever) is dropped. I've had the phone for 3 weeks and have dropped 2 calls because of the death grip. I agree that it's being blown out of proportion (although the Toyota problems were definitely in every media front page, not this). But the problem is definitely there. Thousands of youtube videos all show the same problem.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Green Apple
    Thanks

When a new product is released you cant expect it to have no problems what so ever.
    I agree with you but remember this is a phone and it has reception issues, this aspect of the device should have been their primary concern. That's like trying to sell a car that stalls when it's in drive.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They should ask people who pre-ordered their iPhone 4 and those who bought it on the 24th of June and compare it with those who bought theirs on the 29th of June, the day "walk in's" could come in and buy one. I was a walk in customer on the 29th and I have had no problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3GFusion View Post
    They should ask people who pre-ordered their iPhone 4 and those who bought it on the 24th of June and compare it with those who bought theirs on the 29th of June, the day "walk in's" could come in and buy one. I was a walk in customer on the 29th and I have had no problems.
    Mine arrived June 23rd and I've had no problems

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

July 8th purchase and both Proximity Problems & Deathgrip issues. What's funny is they say this problem effects left handed people more so. I think that's incorrect as I am right handed and use my Left hand to hold it and right hand to apply selection.

If anything I would say it effects right handed users more so.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (07-14-2010)

Thanks

Their is a reception problem not like the media is saying but sometimes my signal drops when I'm playing eliminate boost it's annoying but not so bad to demand a replacement.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    i dont think you need to worry. buddies IP4 had some signal indicator bars dropped when he held it a certain way. he made an appoinment at the genius bar and demenstrated. they then replaced his phone.
    Hey you are here BTW is your signal dropping without the case. Because mine does drop and my gf just got her in and the same thing!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I've had my glass block from the first shipment; I've enjoyed dropped calls, reception issues, LED sensor headaches.. this sh@t pisses me off. If they are making 'fixed' phones quietly as some websites are reporting, then I hear class action suits all the way to the bank. One site said 1.5 billion dollar cost for a recall.. I dont care, I just want a damn working phone - which is what this appleholic paid for.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NArush For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-17-2010), k.nitsua (07-14-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcarroll View Post
    Yup...bumpers were conveniently available first day. The bumper looks like a good case option to offer protection and show off the front and back glass, but it also conveniently covers the antenna band and prevents the death grip. Coincidence? Not likely.
    And, and the millions and millions dollars that have been made in iPhone cases over the years had nothing to do with that decision either

Thanks
    Well my Iphone 4 originally purchased on june 24 is being returned directly to apple for a brand new replacement phone. This was in regards to the proximity sensor, home screening icons locking up, and the supposed "death grip". The only times I suffered from the "death grip" though was when i was in low coverage areas cause the same thing would happen with my 3gs. Maybe i will get one of the supposed "built differently Iphone 4's"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a defective iphone and want my MONEY BACK. Can i still keep the phone? LOL!

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdonn2009 View Post
    funny cause i got my iPhone on Tuesday of last week and never had any issues... i wonder how far back this goes...
    Same here!