+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some iPhone 4 Buyers Think Devices Are Already Being Built Differently

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
not experiencing any issues really. i mean. i have dropped calls. but what iPhone on att doesnt suffer from this?
    Thanks

not experiencing any issues really. i mean. i have dropped calls. but what iPhone on att doesnt suffer from this?
    iPhone [5] 64GB Black 6.1.2

http://www.twitter.com/iChrisHarrison

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think the media is blowing this WAY out of proportion.
    The media is not blowing it out of proportion. Keep in mind that they sold something like 600,000 iPhone 4 units on pre-order day alone. Some people have the problem and some don't. I can get mine to lose a few bars but never completely lose all of them and get the "no service" indicator. My phone does have the proximity issue (as many others have reported) and I have a replacement ordered with Apple which should be here around Thursday. The Apple genius has an iPhone 4 and his unit does not have the proximity issue, his friend has an iPhone 4 and theirs does have the proximity issue. Again, some units have issues and some don't. He said they get about 2-5 units in a day for exchange just due to the proximity issue. One thing that seemed to be left out of the Gizmodo quote was the reader also made a comment that the finish on the metal antenna band seemed different, I'm curious to see if my replacement unit has a different finish. I received my unit on 6-23.
    Last edited by wookiee2cu; 07-14-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    What were the reasons for replacement, signal?
    Proximity sensor issue, microphone issue, and faulty display.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

The only reason my phone screws up is because I only have 1 bar of service in my house. Period. But with wifi and now a bumper case I'm fine

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I can replicate it at certain areas. Wonder if u should chance it to get another one that may have other issues?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingbijan View Post
    Are you MAD? Media blowing this way out of proportion? There have been over half a million complaints!
    What part of your *** did you pull this number out of?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzard View Post
    I plan on using my old 3GS to record myself on a call with the phone placed on my face and showing how the proximity sensor screws up on every call I make or take.
    So there is a sensor error I thought it was just the way I was holding the phone I have this problem all the freaking time and the mute thing for sure happens to me frequently

Thanks

nice... but who doesnt have reception issues with an iPhone on AT&T...
    iPhone [5] 64GB Black 6.1.2

http://www.twitter.com/iChrisHarrison

Thanks

I got my phone about 3 days ago, and I've tried my best to reproduce the death grip, and I can't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingbijan View Post
    Are you MAD? Media blowing this way out of proportion? There have been over half a million complaints!
    Care to share how you know there have been a half million complaints? If you're speaking of the number of posts in a blog, you should know that not every single post is a new person saying they have a problem as well.

Blackberry users accidentally dial someone when their phone is in their back pocket and they sit down. Do they demand a full recall because it's a hardware glitch? I absolutely hate blackberry and love the iPhone 4, but I know of about 20 people who have the newest iPhone 4, and NONE of them have ANY issues whatsoever. However, every day you see about 30 new News posts, at least, on the death grip and the horrible PR issue. We saw less coverage than this on the Toyota (actual, not pretend or hypothetical) recall.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, got mine on July 12th. Serial number 8002794**** so I guess that would mean week 27 build. There was a small decrease in signal strength with the death grip, but never dropped a call. People I talk to say the phone sounds better than my 3gs. Until I get my case, I put a small piece of clear scotch tape over the Antenna Gate Now no degrade in bars.
    Simple fix. I noticed with my 3gs, that if I hold it at the bottom by the connector there is also a decrease in bars.
    There was only one more problem. My BlueAnt Z9i bluetooth headset. My i4 would not see it. It saw my JawBone2 unit. Went to the BlueAnt website and downloaded a 1.1 ver firmware update. Updated, and now it works fine. I did a Google on i4 bluetooth and saw that many other people were having bluetooth connection problems. Hopefully they will fix that also in 4.01/4.1 - Long as you can bring your defective unit into a store and they either fix or replace it, whats the problem. I do that with my other electronic products under warranty. Seems like this whole ant problem is getting out of hand with the media. I know 3 other people with the i4 and they are not having any problems and just love there first iPhone (i4).
    It seems a clear protective coating over the ant band would help. So maybe the 2ed and 3rd batches that are coming out have modifications to them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I know i just registered but id like to throw in my 2 cents.
    When a new product is released you cant expect it to have no problems what so ever. Things are bound to go wrong and it will be fixed over time. granted apple is saying nothing about their problems which they should come out and admit.
    On the other hand, the signal dropping from the "grip of death" is stupid, i mean how can apple over look that? Putting an antenna right where your hand will go. And then there crazy answer of your holding it wrong.

Thanks

I'm hoping that they are making them differently
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

I received my iPhone 4 on July 8th. I most certainly have the "Death Grip" issue. When I hold it without a case, the bars completely drop off, slide it in a case full service. I don't think this will ever be fixed. =\

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the proximity issue on my first phone ip4 and had it replaced. Well this one has the sane issue. Not to many different ways I can hold my phone to my ear. Lol.

I'm hoping it's a software bug and if not, this one goes back too.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that apple knew about the problem from the beginning,look at how fast the "bumper" showed up in the apple store.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    When will people open their closed minds to the fact that just because "you" don't have a problem doesn't mean a bunch of other people don't. Stop talking for yourself and let's try to get a fix for the whole community.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to unreach For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    I think that apple knew about the problem from the beginning,look at how fast the "bumper" showed up in the apple store.
    i agree 100% with that one. To them it was probably "easy money" to release that.

adp
    Thanks

The reason why some of you experience it and some don't is because it depends on your signal strength. If you are in an area with weak reception, you will experience the problem. I can replicate the problem any day at home, but not at work where I constantly have 5 bars
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

will be interesting to see if the white iphone will have any of these problems or if they have been revamping them thats why they werent released