Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Consumer Response to iPhone 4 Problems? Buy More iPhones!

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default The Consumer Response to iPhone 4 Problems? Buy More iPhones!

Generally, when a company's product gets beaten up from virtually every source in almost any direction you turn, there's a good chance that sales would be negatively impacted by such a reality. Well, if you're Apple and your product is the iPhone 4, you're not like the rest of us. In fact, if the results of the latest Changewave survey are correct, the iPhone 4 could do no wrong.

"First the Apple iPhone: We see a huge leap in demand going forward, with 52 per cent of those planning to buy a smartphone intending to purchase an iPhone in the next 90 days -- up from 31 per cent last year."
    Let's put that information into perspective. Even though Apple's closest competitors in the smartphone marketplace are certainly loving every bit of negative attention the iPhone 4 and its corresponding "Death Grip" are receiving, they are still largely failing to capitalize on this perceived but apparently imagined Apple vulnerability. Only 6 percent of would-be smartphone buyers in the next 90-days are considering buying a BlackBerry.

The Android-powered HTC smartphone category sees 19 percent interest.
    That's pretty impressive for Apple. But, unfortunately for the folks in Cupertino, added sales probably mean additional iPhone 4s that will either require repair or some degree of attention down the road. On Wednesday, RBC Capital Markets Analyst Mike Abramsky estimated that every additional week that Apple fails to offer a Death Grip fix possibly tacks on another $200 million to the price tag of an eventual solution or product recall in the future.

Computerworld
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 07-14-2010 at 09:58 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (07-14-2010), Project42 (07-14-2010), QuinnNebula (07-14-2010), reaves205 (07-14-2010)

This is freaking amazing. I love my iPhone but it really irritates me that in most instances i have to set my phone down, turn it on speaker, and communicate without interference or fear a dropped call. I feel as if I was sold a lemon and there's nothing I can do about it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadGlory For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (07-14-2010)

So where is Cuperino?

I see they edited the mistake. Cool
    Last edited by Landslideclothing; 10-01-2010 at 10:08 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Landslideclothing For This Useful Post:

Michael Essany (07-14-2010)

I have thought about taking my iphone back, but i haven't got to use it because im waiting for the unlock haha. When that happens i guess ill figure out if I have a good one or bad one haha

Two things
    1) wow... I guess when consumers like something, they really like something
    2) ouch @ that price tag... That a lotta money for every week of inaction
    -btung

i gotz this whole coding thing down

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmmm.....
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Landslideclothing View Post
    So where is Cuperino?
    California

I wish I knew what Apple is thinking right now. Sell more iPhones make more money now....and maybe a fatter bill down the road.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeadGlory View Post
    This is freaking amazing. I love my iPhone but it really irritates me that in most instances i have to set my phone down, turn it on speaker, and communicate without interference or fear a dropped call. I feel as if I was sold a lemon and there's nothing I can do about it.
    Return it or sell it and make a few bucks off it. The resale value of the device certainly hasn't been affected. No one is making you keep something you don't want.

Thanks

i still don't understand this, what is the percentage of "bad" phones? my iphone 4 has been working perfectly since day 1, maybe i'm in a really good coverage area? i've never had a dropped call and i use my phone inside and out... strange

It's like Apple has cast a spell on Iphone 4 so that consumer will still buy the phone no matter what faults the phone are having....hehe
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes

Apples actions (or inactions, in this case) won't hurt iPhone 4 sales - people are sheep - they want what they want.

It will, however, massively affect sales of iPhone 5. The 'word' is slow to spread, but if they don't fix this NOW, the word will be out about this company and their 'responses'....

Even though there are obvious design flow I think people still hope that Apple will make things right... Their reputation on costumer satisfaction is very up high, but something might just change that, maybe even i4, we will figure this one out soon, the ball is in the field and apple just got a red card....

at my house ive always had bad reception. i do have the so called "reception issue" but only at my house and even then the way i hold my phone i get 3 bars. if im out and about i get all bars and nothing drops no matter which way i hold it. o well im never taking it back and if we get a software update then so be it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

So where is Cuperino?
    you could put it into your trusty iphone 4 and look at the map and even get driections to drive, take the bus, or even walk there!!

The iPhone is like a drug. I dont know about you but I am addicted!!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

Atomi (07-14-2010)

Well, If you think about it, just the phone part is a bit clumsy everything else is still 100 times better then anything out there.... And phone is just a small part of iPhone phenomenon it's everything else which is driving people nuts.

These survey's are a joke. Let's ask 4028 people what they plan on buying. That isn't even close to 1% of current smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by jdonn2009 View Post
    i still don't understand this, what is the percentage of "bad" phones? my iphone 4 has been working perfectly since day 1, maybe i'm in a really good coverage area? i've never had a dropped call and i use my phone inside and out... strange
    Same here. All of my friends and I who have the iPhone 4 have hardly had any issues. Only one person can duplicate the "holding" issue and even then, it doesn't do it regularly when he's talking on it.

This whole thing has just been completely blown out of proportion, IMO.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

So where is Cuperino?
    To everyone who responded to this, Cupertino is in California... Now where the heck is Cuperino? (Spelling error, see it,, read it again, sound out the letters...)

Am I the only that got the joke?
    It was originally misspelled in the article.

Thanks

Honestly, its been a few weeks with the iphone 4 I would sell it because resale value is $800-2000 at least on a couple sites. Since the 3GS seems to be more reliable at the moment(buy that). I would capitalize by reselling now cuz iphone 5 will probably be redesigned an the iphone 4 will not be selling near no $800 with its known issues next year.My 2 cents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast