Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: planetbeing Confirms Working Unlock & Jailbreak on iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Geo....who?
    Lol!!!

Great job Dev Team... I can't wait to have my jailbreak back.

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME work , cant wait much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    Lol!!!
    Give him a break guys. His work saved my *** a couple times and even helped me make some extra $$...he just (like all of us) has a few probs to work out and I wish him all the best...would like to see him make a comeback some day--

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joe97 For This Useful Post:

black_orchid (07-16-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

so is this considered an iPhone4 only JB/unlock or is it the iOS4 JB/unlock also working on the iPhone4?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to allicatmeow For This Useful Post:

Mbeck0265 (07-13-2010)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

"MuscleNerd
    We think we have 3 different ways to unlock once inside BB (the 3rd way was first to fully work for @planetbeing !)"

this is great news
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Wow, the most welcomed news so far.
    No signature spam or links... Only warning

Default Release
    Maybe I'm an idiot but I'm failing to see the point in waiting for 4.0.1. If i jailbreak mine on 4.0 i just wont update to 4.0.1 till theres a jailbreak for it. And it seems like the jailbreak is out already and has been for awhile. What if i have AT&T and i dont need an unlock? Is it necessary for me to wait for a stable unlock when i just need a jailbreak?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by x2thaz64 View Post
    Maybe I'm an idiot but I'm failing to see the point in waiting for 4.0.1. If i jailbreak mine on 4.0 i just wont update to 4.0.1 till theres a jailbreak for it. And it seems like the jailbreak is out already and has been for awhile. What if i have AT&T and i dont need an unlock? Is it necessary for me to wait for a stable unlock when i just need a jailbreak?
    The jailbreak is extremely easy for Apple to patch b/c it's userland and considering they have already announced a firmware update in the very near future it would be best for the COMMUNITY to wait for this update first so that Apple can't patch it right now. Remember there are still millions of people waiting for their back-ordered iPhone 4.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (07-13-2010)

Must say, Cydia looks super sexy on iphone 4 screen. Very tempting to get one.

I don't need an unlock either, but why spend all that time and effort to have your work completely wasted that quickly? I hope the jailbreak can be a bootrom jailbreak in the future because I think it's userland right now. No sense in releasing and then have the hole closed that soon. Wait for the no-update update and then spring it on Apple.

But with the new bootrom and SHSH signing, if they release it BEFORE 4.0.1 and then Apple fixes the issue in 4.0.1, then anyone buying a new iPhone after 4.0.1 is release will not be able to JB or UL because Apple will STOP signing 4.0 for SHSH blobs. In that case, you can only JB 4.0 (not 4.0.1) and new buyers can't get back to 4.0.

So, you wait til 4.0.1 is released, check to see if 4.0.1 is still JB/UL capable with the same. If so, then all 4.0 and 4.0.1 can be JB'd. If not, then well its no different: all current owners with SHSH blobs can still JB and new buyers cannot.

If the 4.0.1 release was distant, you just go ahead and release. But if its imminent, which it is, then you wait.

BTW, NOW would be a good time to get your SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella. Since you cannot use Cydia to get them on an i4, you can easily use this small program to get it. Get it NOW or you may regret it. If Apple happens to close the holes used in 4.0.1, and stops signing 4.0, you will be stuck until a NEW JB is found! Here's the link:

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot....lla-40054.html

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jomo25 For This Useful Post:

tecpunk64 (07-13-2010), Turb02 (07-13-2010)

who let the dogs out ? who who who ;P

Why would these guys want to release their jailbreak and then have to redo it in a few weeks when 4.0.1 is released for the people who buy new phones after the software update.

Its best to just hold off for Apple to make a move.

its a catch 22... do you jb for all that fluffy goodness? or do you upgrade to 4.0.1 to possibly fix the deathgrip?

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

let me correct you
    "its a catch 22... do you jb for all that fluffy goodness? or do you upgrade to 4.0.1 to possi... NEVER fix the deathgrip?" i bet its a 98% hardware issue

doesnt matter for me though because i will be using a case on mine when i get it
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

x2thaz64 just got pwned all over this page haha.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

EddieLeonard (07-13-2010)

Very nice.. and a day after Geo left lol :P

I wonder if they will have a jailbreak/unlock for 3GS that is on official iOS4.0... hmm
    Failure is not an option - iNyuke Dont be afraid to press the Thanks button! >>>>>>>>>>

26. The Following User Says Thank You to inyuke For This Useful Post:

Mbeck0265 (07-13-2010)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast