+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible iPhone 4 Recall Growing More Likely By The Day

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well people who are just saying it's just a PHONE get over it They need to realize that yes It Is just a PHONE and it needs to work as
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well people who are just saying it's just a PHONE get over it They need to realize that yes It Is just a PHONE and it needs to work as a PHONE OUT OF A BOX without any accessories added to it so APPLE need to address this and also they need to address the proximity problem which lot of people are having

Source for proximity problem

Apple - Support - Discussions - Issue with Proximity Sensor during calls ...

So there are two major problem one this Antenna issue off course and 2nd this proximity problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Thanks
    anybody else just want a proximity sensor fix...?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    Why don't you just bypass his posts then?..It's an easy fix for you...I enjoy reading all posts/headlines...some I agree with..some I don't...some I pass up......sounds like YOU have the complex...not the writer.
    Read his 'story' on Steam for Mac. EVERYTHING he reported was wrong or based on his and others assumption. Nick Hesson gets it right, pauldanielash gets it right, and I'm the ******* for pointing out that Messany can't write facts, present real news, or has to post the same stupid Verizon rumor over and over? No, I don't have a problem, and neither do any other MMi writers, Messany does. He spreads false information and sensationalist stories, crap that has no place on a forum that relies on factual and timely information to it's audience that requires it for jailbreaking. I don't trust what he has to say and his blatant distortion or omittance of factual information harms this community. He shouldn't be passing on false info and I will continue to call him out on it so others inthis community don't blindly trust what he writes. Judging by all the new members here who can't read, can't search, ask the same stupid *** questions 5011 times that have already been addressed, and start 'OMG HELP MEPLEASE!!1!1!!1!!!!!1' threads they will take what he has to say as truth.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

rkswat (07-14-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

"Because, while the sales for the iPhone 4 remain staggering, the lingering effects of this debacle - including future sales of future gen iPhones - could be irreparably damaged if the company further botches the handling of the Death Grip and its ultimate repair."

Am I reading this correctly? The iPhone 4 is selling better than anyone could have hoped, Apple included, and all of this despite this death grip BS (I've had the phone since July 24th and I hate being asked to reproduce the problem, because no matter what I do I can't reproduce it). So these "experts" you've quoted act like this is BP and the iPhone 4 is leaking oil.

I can only guess this problem is more common back east do to humidity (the skin is saltier from the additional sweating - thus more electrolytic). Other than that I don't know. Skin isn't conductive unless you have electrolytes on it. People make bad conductors of electricity. Perhaps these retards at Consumer Reports tried the death grip before washing the salt off their hands from taking tequila shooters to bide the time left to them from the boredom of their pitiful jobs.

These complaints are coming from the minority. No doubt about it. Just like Toyota. It only took one rich kid to crash their car and now millions are at risk so all must be recalled. This isn't a car. Losing reception won't kill you. If this were a real persistent issue most users faced, they wouldn't be blogging about it, they'd be driving down to their Apple stores and returning their new iPhones.

Call me a fanboy, but commonsense has to kick in at some point, and the writers here aren't using any.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm still making calls with my 1 bar, no issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I love my iPhone 4. But I have to admit Apple really f'ed up on this one. Not only are they reluctant to accept that this is their mistake, but they are treating customers like trash. I've heard of guys getting kicked out of the local Apple store here in Boca Raton, FL for complaining of the issues. They're also deleting threads in their forums. Ridiculous.

If this is the way a multi-billion company treats the customers who gave them all their profits, then this might be the last time I purchase a product from them.
    The problem is isolated in areas where you already don't have good reception. Places such at At&t stores and Apple stores have perfect service so you won't be able to duplicate this problem. I had the problem the first week when i got the phone and ended up getting a bumper from apple for free and now when i take the bumper off from time to time to test the grip issues I can't seem to manipulate them...

I am seriously considering returning the phone and getting a droid X, I like iPhones but this is just redic what apple is doing.
    Thanks to all the developers, programmers and everyone else who spends their valuable time and effort in creating these apps for us. You guys make it worth owning an iPhone, not apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    These complaints are coming from the minority. No doubt about it. Just like Toyota. It only took one rich kid to crash their car and now millions are at risk so all must be recalled. This isn't a car. Losing reception won't kill you. If this were a real persistent issue most users faced, they wouldn't be blogging about it, they'd be driving down to their Apple stores and returning their new iPhones.

Call me a fanboy, but commonsense has to kick in at some point, and the writers here aren't using any.
    I am unsure which Toyota recall you are talking about but you are suggesting something that is completely absurd.

Common sense is that too many people are having issues with the phone in one way or another. The yellow screen complaints seem to have gone away but a significant number of users on this forum are complaining about proximity sensor and reception issues.

People by nature tend to be self-centered. If my iPhone 4 works fine then there is nothing wrong with them. If it does not work then there is something wrong with all of them.

Sometimes you wish the people that say "mine is working fine; shuttup and return yours" would have their phone blown up one day. You can bet they would grab their pitchfork quickly. But harbouring ill-will does not solve anything.

+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567