Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible iPhone 4 Recall Growing More Likely By The Day

Quote Originally Posted by wookiee2cu View Post
    I don't have the death grip issue but I just wanted to say that I was in the Apple store yesterday to exchange my iPhone 4 due to the proximity sensor issue and the Apple Genius I dealt with was awesome. I explained I had already reset everything, set it up as a new iphone and so on and he went right to work on getting the paper work started; didn't even mess with the phone. The 3 different Apple employee's I spoke with while there were all friendly and helpful. Seen quite a few posts of people bashing them so thought I'd add a positive note. This was at the Bellevue Square mall in Seattle. Your experience with them will have a lot to do with your attitude, you go in with a chip on your shoulder and your experience is probably going to suck.
    I've had nothing but great experiences at the Apple Store in Charleston SC and the Perimeter Mall Apple Store in Atlanta. EVERY genius I've dealt with was very nice and prompt. Hell I got my screen replaced at the one in Atlanta with an Early Cuyler boot image and Cydia on my front page of apps. He didn't say a word.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Even with the no bars, I have not experienced any call drops or data drops. People are fussing about something they are not use to seeing. Last time I made a call I didn't have the phone out in front of me. I had to my ear so I could hear the caller on the other end. Furthermore, who holds their phone with a "death grip?" Bluetooh device will solve the issue if your in a fizzy panic over a couple of bars dropping. OH MY! LMAO!
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

So many people are ignoring the flaw in the iPhone 4 simply because there in love with it....I haven't had any problems so far.

man this is not how electronics work, these antenna are hardwired to the corresponding modules ie: gsm, Bluetooth etc
    not controlled by software

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    I'm no software programmer or tech guru but, the iPhone 4 has 3 separate yet identical antenna's (see pic)... now (again Im no software programmer or anything so if Im off base or wrong my bad) If the antenna used for phone call signal was programmed to the bottom left, why cant they reprogram the location feed for the signal to the antenna slot on the top of the phone instead and eliminating the death grip? If all of the antenna's are separate and independent, yet the same I don't see why this wouldn't work, unless there's a lot of other aspect Im unaware of.....

im waiting for the white one to be released, but personally i know several people who have them and havent had any issues with the death drip or anything like it

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    You don't have to, because it's old, regurgitated news. No new facts, people are STILL lining up to buy the things, Consumer Reports said you shouldn't buy it and then fell over with praise about it giving it the highest score of any iPhone released. This isn't news, nothing here is new. Rather than report something that has new developments we get another post by Messany that doesn't really have anything new in it. Yeah, we get it. They have problems. They aren't doing anything about it and people are still clamoring to get one by the thousands. Watch what happens when the white one comes out. People will still buy them. All these PR 'experts' are hoping like hell they issue a recall and tet can stand around and scream 'SEE!' 'SEE!' 'I TOLD you they should have done this a long time ago!' it's people trying to get in on the story and make a name for themselves. This isn't news, it's more BS fluff to drive up traffic and Messanys post count. Have you not see all the recent non-news he's reporting?

Um no. Messany doesn't report news. Not even close. Many members here have left many comments about how he doesn't fact check, doesn't get anything new, and quotes people that actually do get scoops. This is no different. More fluff, no facts, and nothing new. Again, where's the post about PlanetBeing showing his unlocked phone and Cydia running to tease us all?
    Why don't you just bypass his posts then?..It's an easy fix for you...I enjoy reading all posts/headlines...some I agree with..some I don't...some I pass up......sounds like YOU have the complex...not the writer.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yentrog31 For This Useful Post:

ipod touch u (07-13-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UKROB86 View Post
    man this is not how electronics work, these antenna are hardwired to the corresponding modules ie: gsm, Bluetooth etc
    not controlled by software
    Like I said, I'm not a tech guru, programmer or engineer.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    I'm actually considering getting a Droid X because of this. Weird.
    I am getting a droidx because of this, and everything apple has done. Two more days!

Smile iPhone 4 Signal Solution
    Hey Buddies I already just find the solution with the problem or situation with the iPhone 4. After of the arrival of the iPhone 4 I've been watching different situations that have found that got them already and the tranquillity of all you and Apple, is my soluccion more perfect and economic that I could find:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BennyPR For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-13-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Project42 View Post
    So many people are ignoring the flaw in the iPhone 4 simply because there in love with it....I haven't had any problems so far.
    Ummm, that would be me!

Quote Originally Posted by BennyPR View Post
    Hey Buddies I already just find the solution with the problem or situation with the iPhone 4. After of the arrival of the iPhone 4 I've been watching different situations that have found that got them already and the tranquillity of all you and Apple, is my soluccion more perfect and economic that I could find:
    Those make your hands to sweaty.

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    I am getting a droidx because of this, and everything apple has done. Two more days!
    I had a Droid. I will take a "flawed" iPhone over it any day!
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 07-13-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    ^ Seriously, get a life...

I received my free bumpers today courtesy of Apple. You know, the ones they were not going to give out.
    If a recall is what it takes, they should nut up and do it. I have been very dismayed at how Apple handled this whole mess. The biggest question is how did this make it out of R&D like this? Then to have Apple tell us we are all imagining the problem is ludicrous.
    When did you speak with Apple and when was the order placed? I spoke with someone before Apple changed their minds about the free bumper and the order was processed on the 25th, but there's no way of knowing when it will go out.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple's customer service is s**t but seriously no one's going to leave the iPhone 4 or any other Apple products.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

i travel weekly and it's completely spuratic. i had problems in detroit, houston and madison, wi but not in chicago, miami, dallas and phoenix. i live in miami and when i bought the phone i thought i was one of the lucky ones. i never experienced a problem when i'm here no matter how long i hold the phone in the death grip, but apparently it's not the case. the phone is deffective and i know that now that i've tried the death grip in a variety of cities.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Apple's customer service is s**t but seriously no one's going to leave the iPhone 4 or any other Apple products.
    returning my iPhone 4 today and purchasing an Evo 4G.

you're already wrong.

hopefully they recall it so we can quit hearing the complaints and whinning of people that we told not to get it in the first place

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Stores and reception
    Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    That's because they make sure all the apple stores have the best AT&T reception possible
    I think all the Apple stores have the AT&T 3G MicroCell in them. Here in Denver,CO at the Cherry Creek store, I had 3 bars of ATT, walking around the mall, then when I got around the Apple store it went to full bars. Hmmm
    Wow, and I thought Toyota had a recall problem. I dont think Apple would do this though. Guess we will see.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CMOSlabs For This Useful Post:

[NG]I_KEEL_YOU (07-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMOSlabs View Post
    I think all the Apple stores have the AT&T 3G MicroCell in them. Here in Denver,CO at the Cherry Creek store, I had 3 bars of ATT, walking around the mall, then when I got around the Apple store it went to full bars. Hmmm
    Wow, and I thought Toyota had a recall problem. I dont think Apple would do this though. Guess we will see.
    You have to manually add phone numbers to the MicroCell account for your phone to get service.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Windmeel For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-13-2010)

Thanks

so with all the sporadic post i just read i had to ad my 2 cents. i put a belkin case on my ip4 as soon as it came out of the box. i have been able to replicate the bars dropping but that's about it. No signal loss, no dropped calls. everything seems to work as it should. BUT the last two weeks i have been traveling a lot and now i have seen some issues. last year i made the same trips with my 3g and had NO issues. this year with the ip4 i have had poor signal, or no signal at all when i should have it, the phone took forever to get signal when id come out of the mountains. basically the phone took forever to come back to life after being in a no service area. i reset network settings, rebooted the phone and still it took forever to work right. another weird thing was this past weekend somehow some of my settings got reset. i just used my phone as usual, didn't mess with any settings and last night i noticed all my sounds were back to default settings, nothing else was changed. i have no idea how they all got set back to default. no one touched my phone.

The stores may not specifically have the microcell, but they do have some kind of RF device that goes right to their network.

Quote Originally Posted by rico_ View Post
    can u feel it mr jobs? Huh? Can u feel the pressure weighing down on you. Crushing your very ability to even breathe. Choking you. Sucks doesn't it. You couldn't even get the internet to work at your big premiere and tried to blame that on everybody else in the room.

Welcome to reality stevie boy. Now go fire somebody in a lame attempt to make yourself feel better.

Enjoy the recall.....it's coming! Muaahahahaha
    lololol epic!!!!! Xd :d xd

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast