+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible iPhone 4 Recall Growing More Likely By The Day

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I can honestly say that I do not have reception problems with my i4. Yes the bars do drop but it does not mess with my call itself. I purchased
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Total recall
    I can honestly say that I do not have reception problems with my i4. Yes the bars do drop but it does not mess with my call itself. I purchased two i4s and have not had a problem with either of them other then having to wait for a new jailbreak. I doubt that I just got lucky and purchased the only two working i4s but I do know that if its out there and 95 percent of the owners are reporting problems then Apple should definently recall the i4 and let the customers send there phones in at there own choice. If Apple does not come up and out with a problem fix soon or even at all this will damage not only the sales for apple but there credibility its self. I have purchased every iphone that has been released and I know even though every phone I have purchased has been great, that if I had purchased an i4 and had the problems that I have read for the past month, I would def. think twice about purchasing another iphone, especially if apple chooses to ignore this problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I guess you oughta add the Apple sign to your avatar.
    I'm working' on it as we speak. Thanks for the idea. :P

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Mine drops bars and connection in low signal area, but in good 3G coverage and with my MicroCell it has zero problems. Not an issue with me since I use a case anyway.

Thanks

Facts please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ctstiffler View Post
    I can honestly say that I do not have reception problems with my i4. Yes the bars do drop but it does not mess with my call itself.
    Wait till the new software release comes out and you will see when the bars are actually displayed correctly that your signal is effected even more than you think. No dropped calls for you is good, this happens because you are currently in a strong signal area. My guess is over the lifetime of you using your iPhone 4 that will not always be the case and it is in those lower signal areas you will get dropped calls by the "death grip". You will also notice degraded internet uploads and downloads with the "death grip" issue even in high signal areas. Unlike a cellular call which does not require a lot of "bandwidth", your internet speeds will be quickly affected with any significant signal loss. If FaceTime was offered over 3G currently you would see even more issues on the cellular side with this signal loss - again it might not disconnect you but it surely won't be a smooth video.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    If this is the way a multi-billion company treats the customers who gave them all their profits, then this might be the last time I purchase a product from them.
    Or, you will stay mad until next january when they announce the iPhone 4[S] and you will be as excited as everyone else to buy one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Messany doesn't report news. Not even close. Many members here have left many comments about how he doesn't fact check, doesn't get anything new, and quotes people that actually do get scoops. This is no different. More fluff, no facts, and nothing new. Again, where's the post about PlanetBeing showing his unlocked phone and Cydia running to tease us all?
    Could not agree more, /b/rother. I've written Kyle and Cody more than once asking that he be stripped from the team here. Gives the site a bad name. Pretty much every Verizon iPhone post and every untrue rumor in the past year has Messany's name at the top. Compare the writing in a pauliedaniesh article, then read one of Messany's. No links, no FACTS, all just speculation and **** we've heard 100 times.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-13-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariCUBU View Post
    I get my iPhone 4 update tomorrow. Hopefully Apple holds off on a recall for a few more days. I don't want to be stuck with my piece of **** Sony Ericsson for any longer.

BTW, does anyone know if the piece of tape on the micro-SIM fix actually works?
    No the tape does not work. Get a case it works. In fact if they did have a recall I'll wait to get mine fixed. There is a issue but if you use a case or don't touch the connection junction it's a non issue. I have not had any dropped calls.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipod touch u View Post
    stop being an *** and shut up, he works hard to bring us information and doesnt need you to tell him what to do, grow up and leave it alone.
    Really? He works hard? All he did was post up things other people said, what's hard about that? I'm posting up things other people said and even quoting these things, am I working hard?

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    If you don't like the news sir, your not forced to read it...but I'm growing tired of people bashing the writers because the news doesn't fit them....while we value opinions , negativity and bashing I don't tolerate...if u have a problem , ur welcome to contact the writer direct or site owners...but I'm warning you now , no more bashing on the writers or posting in their threads negativity towards their news....thank you
    Wow pretty childish and petty response. If you don't like what the poster had to say you can follow your own advice and not read it. He didn't bash any one, he was pretty much telling it like it was.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I don't understand why I can't bash the reporting when it isn't factual. There aren't any facts here. If you're going to ban me for calling them out, why don't you ban them for reporting things falsely? Apple isn't 'censoring' anything. There are multiple contradictions in this post. First he says they won't ever do it, and then says because they aren't doing anything they might do something. What? I dont really care if I get banned, but with 'nuclear iPhone?' (that didn't have anything to do with nuclear power) stories it seems I'm not the problem, it's your writers.
    Agreed! Just as modmyi has the right to edit what goes on their forum, so does apple. As far as regurgitating other people's "news stories" and calling it news...... Any one can cut and paste someone elses work, see I did it too!

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    No one said anything about banning , all I'm saying is if u don't like the news , don't bash the writer with ur useless negativuty...what's not news for you might be for someone else...just be easy and keep it to yourself and don't ruin the MMi experience for others....nuff said
    Again, you could follow your own advice here too. He isn't ruining my mmi experience but your over the top childish response.......
    I for one have no issues with my i-4..... I actually get reception at certain places at my work I never did with my 3G/3GS. Seeing as there are a lot of people 100% happy with their i's, the scream for a recall is a tad bit premature. If the phone doesn't work for you apple has given you the perfect option to fix your problem.... Return the phone for a refund.
    Last edited by rkswat; 07-13-2010 at 12:12 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rkswat For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone oscar25's Avatar
    Thanks

I initially had the "death grip" reception problem, but now I do not. I have only dropped one cal since I got my iphone 4 (I got it on release day) where I was dropping calls almost every day with my iphone 3G. So I don't know. The only think I've done to the iphone 4 (this is probably just a coincidence) is open the sim card holder and reseated the sim card and out it back in. ????

Thanks
    Simple solution. You don't like it? Take it back. You'd do it with your brand new tv. Why is your phone any different?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to phluid13 For This Useful Post:

rkswat (07-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekid05's Avatar
    Thanks

Screw a recall I want a jailbreak lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any fix that impacts the radio properties of the phone would need to go through FCC approval process again. So, even something as simple as putting a "coating" on the metal band would still need to have the phone go thru FCC approval. So, if it is recalled (which I SERIOUSLY doubt), you're probably looking at at least a 2 month turnaround. You got re-design, re-certify, and manufacturing all to account for.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    In Europe everyone I know is perfectly happy with the Iphone4 and has no problems with its reception. Perhaps they were a different batch of iphones over here

18. The Following User Says Thank You to piganddan For This Useful Post:

rkswat (07-13-2010)

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leathelisor View Post
    Or, you will stay mad until next january when they announce the iPhone 4[S] and you will be as excited as everyone else to buy one
    A) the next iPhone won't be announced until next June
    B) Even if I was interested, I'll still be in my first year of contract with AT&T, and there is no way I would pay full price for any phone.
    C) When the 3GS came out and I owned a 3G, I was as excited to buy one as a walrus would be in taking a swim.

Concluding,

Last edited by adp; 07-13-2010 at 12:16 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigstevep View Post
    I went to the AT&T store yesterday to get a case for my iPhone 4 and had to wait in line behind 4 people that were bringing back their iPhone 4's. Three were getting their old 3GS back on line and 1 was getting a Blackberry hooked up. All were complaining of dropped calls. None of them got them from the AT&T store and all had ordered them directly from Apple so I'd say they weren't from the same batch.

If more people start returning Apple will do something. Sales are going to slow way down and the store I was at had 18 32gb and 23 16gb phones in stock so I guess there is no wait now!
    That's a lot of supply there. I had my name on a list for 12 days to get one for my Dad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't have the death grip issue but I just wanted to say that I was in the Apple store yesterday to exchange my iPhone 4 due to the proximity sensor issue and the Apple Genius I dealt with was awesome. I explained I had already reset everything, set it up as a new iphone and so on and he went right to work on getting the paper work started; didn't even mess with the phone. The 3 different Apple employee's I spoke with while there were all friendly and helpful. Seen quite a few posts of people bashing them so thought I'd add a positive note. This was at the Bellevue Square mall in Seattle. Your experience with them will have a lot to do with your attitude, you go in with a chip on your shoulder and your experience is probably going to suck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Could not agree more, /b/rother. I've written Kyle and Cody more than once asking that he be stripped from the team here. Gives the site a bad name. Pretty much every Verizon iPhone post and every untrue rumor in the past year has Messany's name at the top. Compare the writing in a pauliedaniesh article, then read one of Messany's. No links, no FACTS, all just speculation and **** we've heard 100 times.
    The majority of Messany's posts are take from Engadget or MDN online. I read the news on there then shorty after it pops up under his post.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Steve Jobs~ For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-13-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I will be picking up a Samsung Captivate on Sunday. I enjoy my iPhone, but Apple is handling this whole situation like crap and the consumers are the ones getting crapped on.

Not OK with Apple's actions on this one... That is the only reason behind my switch to an android device. The iPhone will sit in a box until they recall or actually fix the problem.

edit-

Looks like I am not the only one that noticed Messany's copy-n-paste-athon of most irrelevant info ever.
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 07-13-2010 at 12:34 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    In order for you to work at an Apple store. You have to take an A hole test to get the job. My brother-in-law is an assistant manager at an Apple store. And he is the biggest A hole i know.
    Lmfaoooo that's awesome

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast