+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible iPhone 4 Recall Growing More Likely By The Day

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Free bumpers for every one. I love my i4. It's been a great phone besides some of the issues I had with it at first. If Apple wants to fix
    Thanks

Free bumpers for every one. I love my i4. It's been a great phone besides some of the issues I had with it at first. If Apple wants to fix this problem they need to relocate the WIFI antenna. All my friends turn their wifi off and never have any issues until they turn on the wifi. Simple fix and cheap.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah Apple should protect its brand and if they end up doing a recall, this strategy will pay off huge dividends in the future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by centriod View Post
    A g1?? Your not serious are you? It doesn't even compare to an iPhone any generation iPhone for that matter.
    thank you. I was hoping some one would say this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    No one said anything about banning , all I'm saying is if u don't like the news , don't bash the writer with ur useless negativuty...what's not news for you might be for someone else...just be easy and keep it to yourself and don't ruin the MMi experience for others....nuff said
    When about 30% of your 'stories' as a 'writer' consist of 'Verizon iPhone coming soon?!?!?!?' I don't see how that could be considered news. All I'm saying is keep the news relative and fresh with new updates. This is neither new, fresh, an update and it contains two huge contradictions. This site posted regular updates about what was happening in the world of jailbreaking not a Verizon iPhone story every three weeks.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

MrBucket101 (07-13-2010), NetMage (07-13-2010)

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vandale View Post
    Im happy with my G1. Dont need an iPhone 4.
    Sorry, but your G1 looks something like this when compared to my iPhone 4:

Try again.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

7. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

devteamtools (07-13-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went to the AT&T store yesterday to get a case for my iPhone 4 and had to wait in line behind 4 people that were bringing back their iPhone 4's. Three were getting their old 3GS back on line and 1 was getting a Blackberry hooked up. All were complaining of dropped calls. None of them got them from the AT&T store and all had ordered them directly from Apple so I'd say they weren't from the same batch.

If more people start returning Apple will do something. Sales are going to slow way down and the store I was at had 18 32gb and 23 16gb phones in stock so I guess there is no wait now!

Thanks

SO much for all the great support you get when you buy an Apple product. I mean thats why you pay the higher prices , right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

They used words like critical and devastating, but the reality is that even with this issue these phones are still selling faster than they can make them. Worst case scenario is they ship out free bumpers, which run almost thirty dollars retail, but probably cost less than a dollar to manufacture.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

This is just silly. Apple has already made their stance very clear on this issue. Saying a recall is "growing more likely" is just plain false.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am really getting disappointed with some of the crap I have been reading lately and I'm NOT talking about the news stories, I'm talking about the replies after the stories. While there are still some very well thought out opinions expressed, both positive and negative, it seems like there are more and more replies that are nothing but ignorant blather. I fully
    support this site, the writers, and the devs. This site let's me come here for free, the writers let me read their stories for free, and the devs let me jailbreak my phone for free. If for some reason I or anyone else doesn't like something here I/they are FREE to go elsewhere.

Back on topic, I am fortunate to have an iPhone 4 that has not given me any problems yet, but with so many others having major problems, I believe Apple should design a real fix and recall if necessary, or at least offer a real fix for free(not a free bumper).
    Last edited by defdad; 07-13-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Wasn't done

13. The Following User Says Thank You to defdad For This Useful Post:

Gustavo Saliola (07-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

If there was a recall, what fixes on the phone could Apple do? Would they have to make the case of the phone bigger to cover the antenna's? I have a case on mine and still have slow 3G speeds in parts of my town, so there has to be something going on.

I love mine, but wish the speeds were better or same as my old 3G.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree skizo, a recall would be a complete cluster fxxx.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry to beat the horse half to death but G1 is like an 8-track player.

Damn hopefully I'll be 2-0 with my second IP4 32gb in the mail today...so far no issues with mine.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Don't belive the hype. I reckon apple would just bring out another version if the Iphone 4 like the 3g and 3gs not that much different at all but next iPhone will/ touch wood be sweet *** a whistle bit hey you know the score apple are the super marketing jokers and take the ."@&

iPhone? More like MyPhone FerrariCUBU's Avatar
    Thanks

I get my iPhone 4 update tomorrow. Hopefully Apple holds off on a recall for a few more days. I don't want to be stuck with my piece of **** Sony Ericsson for any longer.

BTW, does anyone know if the piece of tape on the micro-SIM fix actually works?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Would love to see Apple step-up and do SOMETHING!

Recall...fix kit (not bumpers)...partial refund....SOMETHING!

That being said, I always use a case, and love my iPhone 4
    kwickone I.T.H.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    I'm no software programmer or tech guru but, the iPhone 4 has 3 separate yet identical antenna's (see pic)... now (again Im no software programmer or anything so if Im off base or wrong my bad) If the antenna used for phone call signal was programmed to the bottom left, why cant they reprogram the location feed for the signal to the antenna slot on the top of the phone instead and eliminating the death grip? If all of the antenna's are separate and independent, yet the same I don't see why this wouldn't work, unless there's a lot of other aspect Im unaware of.....

The iPhone has just 2 antennas, as easily seen in this pic above. The antenna issue happens when a bridge is made between the two of them (usually by your hand or finger). This could happen in two places the bottom left side (which has been the most published issue spot) and at the top next to the 3.5mm connector (less likely to be touched here).

...after rereading your post, I believe your concept of how antennas work is wrong. An antenna does not transmit and receive just at it's tip/end - it does it all along the body also. The issue is caused by creating a conductive (allowing signal to pass) from one antenna directly to the other, which can be done by human skin. This issue has never occurred before in the iPhone because they were internal in previous models. Antennas are tuned for a certain length and have a certain polarity - connecting the two (as with your finger) causes attenuation and can have detrimental effects - like a 20db loss of signal. I am also not an engineer and may not have explained it exactly correctly but that is basically what is going on.
    Last edited by bzpilot; 07-13-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks

I've had every iPhone since it's initial release as well as every MacBook. The iPhone 4 will be last Apple product ever purchased or recommended. Thanks for making it easy, Stevey. Enjoy the last of my hard-earned money you scumbag.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic92 View Post
    I've had every iPhone since it's initial release as well as every MacBook. The iPhone 4 will be last Apple product ever purchased or recommended. Thanks for making it easy, Stevey. Enjoy the last of my hard-earned money you scumbag.
    I agree, although the only Apple products I've purchased are 2 phones and 1 ipod...Lol I guess you oughta add the Apple sign to your avatar.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The only thing they could do is make a new batch of antennae and coat them with something non-conductive that will last. I doubt there is anything like that that's clear, but if I could actually get my hands on a phone I would probably take it apart and powder-coat the antennae black.