+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible iPhone 4 Recall Growing More Likely By The Day

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ipod touch u i live about 30 minutes north of you in Wellington, and every time i go into the apple store, i'm forced to wait long
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipod touch u View Post
    i live about 30 minutes north of you in Wellington, and every time i go into the apple store, i'm forced to wait long amounts of time, just to speak to a representative. then once i do talk to someone, i tell them the problem and they say they cant help me. customer service has really taking a hit since the iphone 4 came out and its disappointing.
    Apple employees are taught to double talk you and give you the run around. Genius's my A@#.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 07-13-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: blah

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vindutch For This Useful Post:

ipod touch u (07-13-2010), reanimationxp (07-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm.....I really want an iPhone 4.......as soon as it get fixed if it ever does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You don't have to, because it's old, regurgitated news. No new facts, people are STILL lining up to buy the things, Consumer Reports said you shouldn't buy it and then fell over with praise about it giving it the highest score of any iPhone released. This isn't news, nothing here is new. Rather than report something that has new developments we get another post by Messany that doesn't really have anything new in it. Yeah, we get it. They have problems. They aren't doing anything about it and people are still clamoring to get one by the thousands. Watch what happens when the white one comes out. People will still buy them. All these PR 'experts' are hoping like hell they issue a recall and tet can stand around and scream 'SEE!' 'SEE!' 'I TOLD you they should have done this a long time ago!' it's people trying to get in on the story and make a name for themselves. This isn't news, it's more BS fluff to drive up traffic and Messanys post count. Have you not see all the recent non-news he's reporting?

Quote Originally Posted by ipod touch u View Post
    stop being an *** and shut up, he works hard to bring us information and doesnt need you to tell him what to do, grow up and leave it alone.
    Um no. Messany doesn't report news. Not even close. Many members here have left many comments about how he doesn't fact check, doesn't get anything new, and quotes people that actually do get scoops. This is no different. More fluff, no facts, and nothing new. Again, where's the post about PlanetBeing showing his unlocked phone and Cydia running to tease us all?
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-13-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

MrBucket101 (07-13-2010), NetMage (07-13-2010), reanimationxp (07-13-2010), rkswat (07-13-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone walk me through how a recall would work if this is true? It's already hard enough to find an iPhone 4, let alone white 32gb. Would we keep the old one and swap once available?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm no software programmer or tech guru but, the iPhone 4 has 3 separate yet identical antenna's (see pic)... now (again Im no software programmer or anything so if Im off base or wrong my bad) If the antenna used for phone call signal was programmed to the bottom left, why cant they reprogram the location feed for the signal to the antenna slot on the top of the phone instead and eliminating the death grip? If all of the antenna's are separate and independent, yet the same I don't see why this wouldn't work, unless there's a lot of other aspect Im unaware of.....

Last edited by Wilbourn; 07-13-2010 at 10:17 AM.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vandale View Post
    Im happy with my G1. Dont need an iPhone 4.
    what are you doing in this forum?? lol

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    You don't have to, because it's old, regurgitated news. No new facts, people are STILL lining up to buy the things, Consumer Reports said you shouldn't buy it and then fell over with praise about it giving it the highest score of any iPhone released. This isn't news, nothing here is new. Rather than report something that has new developments we get another post by Messany that doesn't really have anything new in it. Yeah, we get it. They have problems. They aren't doing anything about it and people are still clamoring to get one by the thousands. Watch what happens when the white one comes out. People will still buy them. All these PR 'experts' are hoping like hell they issue a recall and tet can stand around and scream 'SEE!' 'SEE!' 'I TOLD you they should have done this a long time ago!' it's people trying to get in on the story and make a name for themselves. This isn't news, it's more BS fluff to drive up traffic and Messanys post count. Have you not see all the recent non-news he's reporting?
    If you don't like the news sir, your not forced to read it...but I'm growing tired of people bashing the writers because the news doesn't fit them....while we value opinions , negativity and bashing I don't tolerate...if u have a problem , ur welcome to contact the writer direct or site owners...but I'm warning you now , no more bashing on the writers or posting in their threads negativity towards their news....thank you

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-13-2010), ipod touch u (07-13-2010)

adp
    Thanks

I have to agree with you on the writer's history, but if it's a development to a growing story, then it should be posted. Here you cannot add to an old post because no one would re-visit it. Major news networks do it too. I know this is turning out to be a "Verizon" type long history of posts, but this is something a lot more significant.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (07-13-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdrdok View Post
    Just FYI. I have experience the death grip in Michigan and Chicago but the only place I couldn't notice the death grip was at my local Apple store, even when covering the whole steel band with both hands...something is just not right 

That's because they make sure all the apple stores have the best AT&T reception possible

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I for one can't afford an Iphone 4 at the moment and thought I wouldn't be able to for a fair while yet but maybe I'll be able afford a reject.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I still haven't had a droped call. I'm keeping mine <3

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Can u feel it Mr Jobs? Huh? Can u feel the pressure weighing down on you. Crushing your very ability to even breathe. Choking you. Sucks doesn't it. You couldn't even get the Internet to work at your big premiere and tried to blame THAT on everybody else in the room.

Welcome to reality Stevie boy. Now go fire somebody in a lame attempt to make yourself feel better.

Enjoy the recall.....it's coming! Muaahahahaha

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    If you don't like the news sir, your not forced to read it...but I'm growing tired of people bashing the writers because the news doesn't fit them....while we value opinions , negativity and bashing I don't tolerate...if u have a problem , ur welcome to contact the writer direct or site owners...but I'm warning you now , no more bashing on the writers or posting in their threads negativity towards their news....thank you
    I don't understand why I can't bash the reporting when it isn't factual. There aren't any facts here. If you're going to ban me for calling them out, why don't you ban them for reporting things falsely? Apple isn't 'censoring' anything. There are multiple contradictions in this post. First he says they won't ever do it, and then says because they aren't doing anything they might do something. What? I dont really care if I get banned, but with 'nuclear iPhone?' (that didn't have anything to do with nuclear power) stories it seems I'm not the problem, it's your writers.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

MrBucket101 (07-13-2010), NetMage (07-13-2010), rkswat (07-13-2010)

Thanks

I don't understand why I can't bash the reporting when it isn't factual.
    They are facts. Please get back on topic.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Maybe apple will finally start there down fall, im sick of there bull.

Thanks

No one said anything about banning , all I'm saying is if u don't like the news , don't bash the writer with ur useless negativuty...what's not news for you might be for someone else...just be easy and keep it to yourself and don't ruin the MMi experience for others....nuff said

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-13-2010), utvol1 (07-13-2010), Wilbourn (07-13-2010)

Thanks

"And Now, Back to our regularly scheduled program".....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Can someone walk me through how a recall would work if this is true? It's already hard enough to find an iPhone 4, let alone white 32gb. Would we keep the old one and swap once available?
    bump

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    No one said anything about banning , all I'm saying is if u don't like the news , don't bash the writer with ur useless negativuty...what's not news for you might be for someone else...just be easy and keep it to yourself and don't ruin the MMi experience for others....nuff said
    ^^^^ I Second that

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilbourn For This Useful Post:

z3r01 (07-13-2010)

Thanks
    Really curious how this one pans out.