Closed Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cory can't really blame him... look at how people treated him...^^ I agree^^ it's a great loss to the jailbreak community and for all the wring reasons
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    can't really blame him... look at how people treated him...^^
    I agree^^ it's a great loss to the jailbreak community and for all the wring reasons ;(

Good bye and good luck in what ever you do!!!

Love live Geohot
    Last edited by badmannie; 07-13-2010 at 01:42 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Good Riddance,

You Wont Be Missed!
    It's aholes like you that helped make his decission to leave. Ef'ing idiot. The guy did so much for so many for FREE you ungrateful douche. He doesn't owe anyone anything, nor does this guy have to act a certain way in your eyes or the publics. His contributions were great to this once respectful community, but post after post from ignorant clowns like you do nothing but deter these hard-working individuals that spend their FREE time helping those of us that can't what they do for us. How about STFU and post a thank you next time. *sigh*

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

dr.stevil (07-13-2010), fdw1 (07-13-2010), femibrim (07-13-2010), inzandity (07-13-2010), LSZ33 (07-13-2010), Luppin (07-13-2010), MetallicaFan1991 (07-13-2010), tecpunk64 (07-13-2010), vikrants (07-13-2010), WCR46 (07-13-2010), yentrog31 (07-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn this is bad news, I feel like my dog had died..I cant blame him one bit though, you would get sick of people treating you like ****, especially when everything was free, and running solely on his will power.What picture was he referring to that was fake? Limera1n?
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

F F F Ffffffffffff U ungrateful people did this because u couldn't just wait so what if u have to kiss *** now one of the best is gone and all because u bombarded him with negative posts F F F I hope you've learn your lesson and let them work in peace now the'll release something when they think is ready let's not burn their patience by posting negative things it's all efen free what are u efen complaining about?.. Geo u r the best I hope u get back if not I wish u the best and thanks for everything..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Honestly I remember the first jailbreak and unlock. I bet most of you don't. Actually had to use the command line and install ssh yourself. But I don't remember the details. Those were fun times, and nerve-racking (please don't brick!) ones at that. I can see why he doesn't appreciate his audience.

I had a Mac before Macs were cool.
    I had an iPhone before Pwnage, BlackWeather and when AppTapp was the installer, long before Cydia.

How many of you can honestly say those things. GeoHot, I may not be much of a hacker but I don't mind getting my hands dirty in terminal. If you see this, pm me, let's do this jailbreak business old-school.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to goodluck4287 For This Useful Post:

LSZ33 (07-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

Y'all are just a bunch of good-for-nothing, iPhone-unlock-and-jailbreaking moochers! :P
    But seriously, on a personal note, his blackra1n and blacksn0w unlock did serve it's purpose for me at least.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What a little cry baby... This guy obviously wants attention. Peace Geogarbage

Thanks

My hats off to the guy. He's left his mark in the iPhone jailbreak community. I honestly don't blame the guy for giving up on The nagging jailbreaker's greed. I laugh at all these people who claim to hate the guy and call him a cry baby. Simply because they used his jailbreak tools. Hell I did and everyone else did. They're getting a rise out of him giving up on idevice trolls demanding a jailbreak. That shows who they are and how ungrateful they are. After all he never owed a jailbreak to anyone. He did it because he has a passion for it. So now only he will get to enjoy his tools
    He will be missed. He's a great guy in my book.

Thanks

I remember jailbreaking the first iphone... put into recovery mode, hold sleep button for 10 sec, go to emergency call, dial ________, backdoor into browser, go to here ________ download link, restart phone, hold home button for 15 sec....... Thats when it was more of a challenge to get into the phone and he is right. When it was like that all the people who just "wanted" one didn't bother. People had respect for what went into it. Now it's just "I can't look cool without a JB so GIVE IT TO ME NOW NERD!!!!!" people think that just because he can, he should.

As for posting the picture and people telling him "if you put the picture up you owe us the JB" No he doesn't he doesn't owe you a dam* thing. Your just jealous he has the understanding of the code to do it himself and your just standing there with your pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by centriod View Post
    What a little cry baby *****.. This guy obviously wants attention
    and post like this aren't a screaming "HEY!! Listen to my opinion!"
    Last edited by cory; 07-13-2010 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cory For This Useful Post:

Luppin (07-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Good Riddance,

You Wont Be Missed!
    Says the guy who probably desperately waited for blackra1n or blacksn0w. All he ever did was give to the community and this is how people thank him? No wonder he left.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not that big a deal, he was just 1 guy and can be replaced. Don't get me wrong, blackrain was cool but there have always been other tools to do the same job, Spirit, ZiPhone, redsnow,pwnage so there will be more

Thanks

He is a technical genius but his emotional level might still within the normal limits of his age.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    It's not that big a deal, he was just 1 guy and can be replaced. Don't get me wrong, blackrain was cool but there have always been other tools to do the same job, Spirit, ZiPhone, redsnow,pwnage so there will be more
    It kind of is a big deal... Maybe not so much on the programing side of it, but look at how people are starting to treat these developers. Sadly enough all the idiots who were demanding to him are just going to shift to another dev to bother and annoy. How long do you think it will go on before they all say "screw you, do it yourself!"
    Last edited by cory; 07-13-2010 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks

Geo.. we will miss your intelligence to the jailbreak community! i remmeber the old style jailbreak/unlock witht eh codes...
    Your balckra1n revolutionized the jailbreak to where everyone can do it now. and people arent grateful anymore.. :/
    Thanks for your tribute and maybe you will reconsider your decision after a good-nights sleep
    Failure is not an option - iNyuke Dont be afraid to press the Thanks button! >>>>>>>>>>

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inyuke For This Useful Post:

Jesposo (07-13-2010), Remember God (07-13-2010)

Thanks

^^^^proves my point exactly jay316^^^^
    what's wrong with appreciating someone and saying thanks? Ungrateful

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^ Give the guy a break!

He started it all and now 3+ years on he has to close ALL his public blog and communication sites because kunts like you think your king shlt and can call him whatever you like and tell him to do whatever you want.

You guys just don't deserve a JB or oxygen for that matter.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to snowdweller For This Useful Post:

WCR46 (07-13-2010)

Thanks
    It was good having you on the scene, but with the attitude you have, there must be more to it. Perhaps your not up to the standard and ability of others on the jb and unlock scene. I dont know, but if your out there offering people solutions for their iphones etc, then dont f---ing have a go at people asking for more. . . . you strung them along. Your not the be all and end all....thats for Steve Jobs

iPhone? More like MyPhone Caboose1408's Avatar
    Thanks

GeoHotz, Good luck on ur future bro.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Caboose1408 For This Useful Post:

Remember God (07-13-2010)

Thanks

He is more then RITE only cunsumption EXISTS.....and HATERS ..Peace George
    MacBookPro 13"
    iPhone 2g 3.1.2 (jail & unlocked)
    iPhone 3g 4.1 (jail & unlocked) 5.13.04 BB
    iPhone 3gs 3.1.2 (jail % unlocked)

Thanks

He is a very clever guy and moved the scene forward.But I can't help feeling if he didn't act such an arse at times people would not react the way they did.