+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Deletes Threads Discussing Consumer Reports iPhone 4 Diss

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think I'll wait for iPhone 4s/5 (whatever they call it) to upgrade. Although Apple and AT&T may be so riddled with lawsuits and worsening customer service and performance by
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think I'll wait for iPhone 4s/5 (whatever they call it) to upgrade. Although Apple and AT&T may be so riddled with lawsuits and worsening customer service and performance by then that I might just switch carriers.

Although I hated the fact that I always got someone from India on the phone from Sprint customer service....I must say I've never really had any network issues with them.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    ...Just amazing that they actually think the OS update that will visually change the bars and make you think you have a good signal is the fix.

They are more concerned with defeating an upcoming jailbreak than making this the phone it could be....
    I assure you, they don't actually think that. They are not stupid. The update and its to-be-announced release date is just a stall tactic to give them more time to figure out what to do about the real problem and how to break it to iPhone 4 owners without pissing them off since it's obviously a hardware problem that, short of slapping a case on it, will require a recall to fix.

The fact that it also delays jailbreaks is just a two-birds-with-one-stone coincidence.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I find much of these discussions pretty lame. Fact: If Apple released another new iPhone say... iPhone 5 tomorrow, all of the people that actually own an iPhone 4 and are complaining would stand in line again to get the newest thing that they are making. I have an iPhone 4 and I love it. I have had a case on it since I bought it, like I do with all my iPhones so I really would not have even realized there was an issue with the reception as most people have not. Sure there is an issue, sure it is hardware, but it is more of an issue for the blogosphere insofar as it gives them something tangible to write about instead of endless months of rumors and "leaks" about new Apple products. Apple already said "If you don't like it, return it" anything after that is a moot point.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Just got deleted 3 times
    Seems the Apple mods are very busy deleting posts that are "non-constructive" or, as I say, "Telling the Bloody Truth" This has gone way too far, they take your money (big money!) Then treat you like pawns. Here is my post that was deleted. Let's not let Apple get away with this!
    ^^^^^^^^^^

I just got the phone yesterday and it only took 1 evening to verify the validity of the problems that have been widely published.
    Signal strength - definitely how you hold it makes a difference - hold it in a "Manly" way and you lose signal. Hold it like a "Girly Man" and you're going to drop it sooner or later. In my house I have the AT&T 3G MicroCell and 3 iPhone 3Gs and a Nexus One used by the family. All get great reception and 5 bars -always! The iPhone4, 5 bars down to 0 bars / no service. In mediocre service areas, numerous dropped calls. Although none of the iPhones have sterling performance in weaker areas - Motorola blows them away. I use a holster so the bumper is out.
    Proximity sensor is wacked, for during a conversation, the phone will switch over to speaker from my check touching the front.
    Bluetooth for hands free in my Dodge is not behaving either but might have to do with the Dodge factory unit.
    So I am extremely disappointed with Apple and Mr.jobs. We all pay big dollars for his products and we deserve his loyalty. Seems he has been getting greedier by the day - his transplant donor must have been a politician (Dem!). This jailbreaking and unlocking hassel just to use a device that I own is the icing on the cake. I have been using a Nexus One for the last 4 mths, it also has teething issues but at least I can use it anywhere in the world the way I want.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    So my above post offends Apple so badly that they deleted it twice, then deleted my complaint of deletion and then blocked me from their forum and blocked my IP address. Guess it is time to block them from my credit card - no $140 renewal fee for you Stevie boy.
    Last edited by firecopter; 07-13-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: clarification

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidensocal View Post
    I find much of these discussions pretty lame. Fact: If Apple released another new iPhone say... iPhone 5 tomorrow, all of the people that actually own an iPhone 4 and are complaining would stand in line again to get the newest thing that they are making. I have an iPhone 4 and I love it. I have had a case on it since I bought it, like I do with all my iPhones so I really would not have even realized there was an issue with the reception as most people have not. Sure there is an issue, sure it is hardware, but it is more of an issue for the blogosphere insofar as it gives them something tangible to write about instead of endless months of rumors and "leaks" about new Apple products. Apple already said "If you don't like it, return it" anything after that is a moot point.
    No, the points are not moot. What many have done after getting their iPhone4 is sell their 3g/3gs/whatever they had before, or assigned it to another user (my friend gave his 3gs to his wife and they got rid of her junk phone). Simply returning it is not an option for many.

Also, keep in mind those that started new service with AT&T just to get the iPhone4. And I wonder how many transferred an existing number from another provider just to get the iPhone4. Sure, they could just transfer back to the old provider, but they've now likely lost whatever grandfathered-in plan they had.

Don't be so quick to discount legitimate concerns while failing to realize that, if you were in the same situation as many others, you might be just as screwed and just as pissed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

that was a good move by apple...hiding their shame

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason Apple acts like this now is because there are so many dumbass idiot Apple fanboys out there that will defend Apple no matter what they do and will continue to buy their products no matter how many design flaws are found. If the people were actually smart and said no to this and stopped buying the damn flawed iphone 4 Apple would have been forced to already issue recalls. But since Apple knows people will continue to buy the phone no matter what they will continue to lie and try and fool everyone with a bogus software fix. Wake up people!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Go Gators For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-14-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think the cause of all these defects of iPhone 4 goes back to china and fox conn. All those employees that committed suicide, I think that as a way avenge their deaths some or all of the workers purposely fugged up the phone so apple can have all this chaos their way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yomamashump View Post
    Wow...

Double Wow...
    your wow shows no expression and the point you are trying to come across...
    Failure is not an option - iNyuke Dont be afraid to press the Thanks button! >>>>>>>>>>

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wonder how may apple are growing to be thrown at jobs for all these problems

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123