+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T's Free 3G MicroCell Giveaway May Be Far Less Widespread Than Believed

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by whereswaldo Maybe your not a loyal customer I've had every iPhone since the original and paid full price for the 3GS. Never missed a payment since I've
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Maybe your not a loyal customer
    I've had every iPhone since the original and paid full price for the 3GS. Never missed a payment since I've had service with them, even when I had Cingular. I've called at least 5 times a month to complain about bad service. How much more loyal do I have to be? Haha.

Thanks

I got the letter in the mail on saturday, and went to pick it up yesterday, the own at&t employees didnt even know at&t was handing out free towers, o i guess i got it for complaining a lot about their service and being a "loyal customer"

Thanks

ATT customer service credited me $150 because of my constant complaints. I went to buy the device and discovered if you tell them in the store you're in a crapy area (they will confirm it via your home zip code) the managers are authorized to sell you one for $50. I made $100 on the these idiots. Too bad the device provides lousy performance with the callers voice cutting in and out and (as stated before) at times the voice is quite garbled. BTW... you don't always have 5 bars as they advertise.
    Last edited by tom28; 07-12-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8r00k1yn8411!n View Post
    instead of the free bumper case, everyone will get a free roll of duct tape to fix the problem
    A whole role? Apple isn't made of money. You'll get a 2 foot long piece of duct tape and you'll be thankful for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BitTitan View Post
    Looking to cancel my overpriced LAN line, I was shopping around different VOIP options. Most of the options I looked at where around the 25-30 range for monthly fees and it did not include the equipment. (With the exception of Skype, which is incredibly cheap, but for my needs most expensive on equipment.)
    It's called a "land line."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (07-13-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So what's the point of this article again? To remind everybody that might need this product that they're not going to get it for free? Way to rub it in.
    Last edited by RICO_; 07-12-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks

My mother and brother live an an area marked "good" on their map and yet they haven't been able to talk indoors for years... since switching from Sprint to Cingular back in 2003. Outdoor coverage is terrible too with no reception at all only a little way down the street (where we frequently visit good friends). Even so, they've purchased 6 iPhones, maintained 3-4 lines on a family plan, and stayed with Cingular AT&T ever since (Sprint's coverage wasn't much better back then). All along, even back on their old RAZR V3 phones, they have been complaining to AT&T about the time on their phones jumping to 1hr earlier and staying that way for random amounts of time. It frequently caused me to be late for appointments, work, etc. They are located in West GA(Newnan; I moved to San Diego, CA) but no where near the boarder of Alabama, where the time zone changes. In fact, I've had it stay 1hr earlier all the way into Fayette County (traveling from Senoia to Peachtree City). It's a problem for ALL AT&T customers in the area and they still haven't acknowledged it... much less, fixed it. In all the years since rolling out the iPhone 3G, they have not added a single 3G tower in the city despite it being metro Atlanta. They have focused exclusively at increasing capacity where there is already coverage, which pretty much means only the Interstate highways in metro Atlanta.

Being armed with all these complaints, my brother made the call a week or two ago to request a comp microcell. They refused and only offed a slightly discounted one. Until he recently scaled back the minutes in the family plan, he had THOUSANDS of rollover minutes expiring every month due to over-buying for many, many, MANY years. Did that earn him NO "loyalty points?" What is wrong with AT&T?
    Last edited by CZroe; 07-12-2010 at 03:40 PM.

What's Jailbreak? 8r00k1yn8411!n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faxmonkey View Post
    A whole role? Apple isn't made of money. You'll get a 2 foot long piece of duct tape and you'll be thankful for it.
    Doesn't Apple have over 20 billion dollars? How is that not made of money?

Thanks

Got mine for free after pointing out to the assholes at AT&T that I've been complaining about piss poor service FOR 18 MONTHS. After ******** at three people I shouldn't have to pay for something to have service I already pay for they very quickly reimbursed me.

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    In all the years since rolling out the iPhone 3G, they have not added a single 3G tower in the city despite it being metro Atlanta. They have focused exclusively at increasing capacity where there is already coverage, which pretty much means only the Interstate highways in metro Atlanta.
    They have expanded their coverage all the way down to Macon Ga in te past few years and pretty far down I-85 towards Columbus too. I've not had any coverage problems in the metro area and was surprised they fixed the huge dead zone between Stockbridge and Macon. There was little to no coverage there and now it's all 3G. I don't know about Peachtree City but they've continuously expanded 3G further and further out of the metro Atlanta area over the past few years.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-12-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I literally do not service at my house, and they will not give me a free one because I complained about it...screw ATT

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I saw two weeks ago that someone got one for free by complaining to att customer service. I called and told them that in the past 12 months that I've had them, I have used 6 phones (2 nokias, 2 3gs, and 2 iphone 4's) and I never had good service with any of them at home. After about half an hour of complaining to them and eventually to technical support they offered to credit my wireless acct the $150 that it costs. I have had it two weeks now and I havent had the feedback problems that others say they have had. The only concern with the MicroCell that I can think that some people may have is that it ALL minutes that are used with the MicroCell are regular minutes deducted (no more night and weekend minutes, or A list minutes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joeynice View Post
    The only concern with the MicroCell that I can think that some people may have is that it ALL minutes that are used with the MicroCell are regular minutes deducted (no more night and weekend minutes, or A list minutes.
    Where did you hear this? I've heard that mobile to mobile and nights and weekends are no different than if you were connected to a regular tower. If every minute you use is just straight plan minutes I'll be royally pissed.

Thanks

this is fishy. i have had att for years and never complained that much wheres mine. yeah valued customers my *** i guess my $100 month for 2 iphones isnt valued as att would put it. *******
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn It. I hated at&t. I should of complaint more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iadventure View Post
    have one, it gives a terrible delay in voice!!!
    And have you really used it set up right before? Because I have one and it works perfect.
    Last edited by skj8100; 07-12-2010 at 05:51 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm gonna called at&t ten times tonight and complaint. I been looking into buying one of the MicroCell tower for coupe of weeks. I better get one of those tower or I will be so mad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    Don't you have to pay per month to use this? Kinda dumb you have to pay more in order to get additional coverage in an area where there is supposed to be coverage in the first place.

I was on the phone with at&t and all they did was apologize about my dropped calls and sent me to tech support. All the tech guy did was tell me to go to my nearest at&t store and pick up a new sim card.
    No. you do not have to pay extra. You can pay $19.99/month and then you get unlimited through the microcell instead of it using your minutes.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    **** at&t

Green Apple
    Thanks

my brother got a letter for this the other day.

this really pisses me off because ive been an at&t customer for longer than him. i went out and bought one of these a few weeks ago and then he gets a letter for a free one? what the ****! on the contrary i guess i cant say anything because maybe if i waited till now i would have gotten that letter.

im returning mine and letting my bro pick his up. i think its ridiculous that my brother who lives at the same address as me gets this and i didn't. just my luck i guess lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@KartRacer Thats what the customer service lady told me...however I just checked my bill and it looks like my minutes are correctly being billed. Sorry for the bad info. lol