Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Consumer Reports Pulls iPhone 4 Recommendation

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Buy the bumper for 29.99 at any Apple store and you will be signal loss-free. I did and the problem was solved right away.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    By the way, I believe apple iPhones in their store are full bars no matter what because I can't do death grip on any of them hahah. Nor can I master clear though :P
    Same here I went o my local apple store and tried to do the death grip and I couldnt get it to happen either
    Even if I didnt help you please click thanks :X

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lorderick70 View Post
    Buy the bumper for 29.99 at any Apple store and you will be signal loss-free. I did and the problem was solved right away.
    I cannot believe that you do not see anything fundamentally wrong with that. It baffles me and the longer this goes on the more insane people get and the more willing they are to shell out money to Apple to fix something that shouldn't need fixing.

"here is your brand new car. It will get you where you need to go, but if you really want it to run good, you will need to purchased the keys from us for $29.99"

No one wants to spend $30 for a rubber band
    Even if I didnt help you please click thanks :X

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

oh I see. So we should all buy an accessory that should not be required to fix a problem that should not exist in the first place? Wow it all makes sense now.

So let me pay Apple $30 to fix their mistake. Did anybody ever stop and think that maybe Apple did this intentionally so that they can make millions more in bumper sales profits? I'm starting to get that vibe. Oh they'll fix the problem.....eventually....maybe......but not before countless numbers have already bought a bumper to remedy the issue.
    Last edited by RICO_; 07-12-2010 at 12:47 PM.

As much as I like Apple, I am pessimistic about a software update fixing the death grip

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    It's not looking too good for Apple. They might want to fix this immediately and stop making excuses.
    You guys act like "fixing" something like this is easy. If this is a hardware issue, they need to re-design the device, test it, get it approved, and go through the whole production process. Keep in mind that it took them 3 years to design and produce the iPhone 4. It will take a lot less time to do a new revision, but still. This issue doesn't happen to everyone including me so "shrug" who knows.

I wish I had not sold my 3GS! I miss it, I'm getting fed up with this proximity censor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cdx454 View Post
    I wish I had not sold my 3GS! I miss it, I'm getting fed up with this proximity censor.
    Me too it's such a POS!

Quote Originally Posted by rhart96 View Post
    No one wants to spend $30 for a rubber band
    Personally, and i stress personally, i didnt even hold my phone long enough to see if the deathgrip happened before i slapped my bumper on it. I like the look of the bumper with the metal accents.

I put the bumper on it right out of the box. Although, i did test the deathgrip a while later and sure enough... it DID NOT HAPPEN. i couldn't replicate this issue and i was trying.

I haven't had a dropped cal YET and i used to drop them all the time in my office.

I'm not saying that the issue isnt prevalent and needs to be rectified.

Do what an apple employee told me to do. Exchange it. Return it prior to your 30 days (WHICH has always been the policy) and wait for a new batch to come out.

See if that work's and if you still don't like it. Don't keep it.

It's like saying Man i really love this Toyota but those few cars had those defects..it must be all toyotas that do that. No. It's not all of them. (slightly exaggerated but still, you get my point)

I honestly don't see the big deal in this. I have no problems with my i4 at all. No reception problems period! Yes the bars do drop when held a certain way but it does not affect my call it's self. If your to worried about what your bars look like while you on a call then maybe you shouldn't have a phone period. Bottom line, the bars do drop but how many of you have actually had that mess up your call. I don't think I'm the only lucky one either that doesn't have a problem with the bars and call s because I purchased two i4s for myself and my wife and neither one of us have had any problems.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy99 View Post
    Has anyone seen that comedian named Louis CK. He was on Conan a while ago and he said it beautifully! Check it out on YouTube: Everything is amazing and nobody is happy. I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone 4. It does everything I expect it to do. Look back 5 years and compare technology now. Yeah, it's not perfect but it's an awesome device, non the less.
    Louis CK is a very funny guy and to call the iPhone 4 amazing is a stretch, if it doesn't really work as a phone very well. I haven't touched one yet, but I am sure it is an amazing device. Just not a good phone.

iPhone4. This changes everything. Again. Because we just found another great way to bend you over and suck the money out of your wallet.
    Last edited by Hyperextension; 07-12-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by volcomc View Post
    Get a freaking bumper people and stop crying. The iPhone 4 is a tank!
    Got a bumber..phone now doesn't fit in hardly any cases around. Plus the rubberized sides make it nearly impossible to slide into your pocket effectively. Basically I've just spent $30 (on top of the original $200!), just so that I can carry my phone around in my hand all the time....great...

Also aside from the "death grip" that's killing my phone, any word of the sensor fix for the in call screen deactivation? I'm getting really freakin' tired of putting people on hold with my FACE!
    Bcon

I'm happy for all of you who don't have issues showing with the iPhone 4. You are probably in a strong signal area and either don't travel much out of it or seem to spend all your time in these areas. But ...claiming there is no issue with the antenna design on this phone is WRONG!

Apple should have seen this before distributing and selling any to the public. Then when they found the issue (which they have known about since at least one or two days after the launch, and probably some time before) they should have not told their customers they were wrong and the phone had no issues with the antenna!!!

Approximately a 20db loss is unacceptable! Once Apple releases the software update with the "new formula" for displaying bars you will ALL see how much signal is lost holding the iPhone 4. Yes some in the strongest signal areas will still not lose calls, but I'm sure your internet speed will be severely degraded. How about when FaceTime becomes mainstream on the 3G network, how will you hold your phone then?!

My guess is those who are currently claiming to have no issues and how much they love there current iPhone 4 will still be the first in line demanding a new one when Apple releases the iPhone 4B with antenna hardware redesign/fix!

Thanks

Hey everybody,

Ever since I taped my SIMM, my reception is consistant. See post re "Possible fix for iPhone 4 reception problems"

Quote Originally Posted by ctstiffler View Post
    I honestly don't see the big deal in this. I have no problems with my i4 at all. No reception problems period! Yes the bars do drop when held a certain way but it does not affect my call it's self. If your to worried about what your bars look like while you on a call then maybe you shouldn't have a phone period. Bottom line, the bars do drop but how many of you have actually had that mess up your call. I don't think I'm the only lucky one either that doesn't have a problem with the bars and call s because I purchased two i4s for myself and my wife and neither one of us have had any problems.
    As soon as Apple reported the "bars not showing" right problem, I tested it. Deactivated my wifi and performed the "death grip" on my phone. I went from a full signal to nothing within about 15 seconds. Then I opened Safari and tried to load Google. After about two mins of loading, I got the message: "Safari could not load the page because you are not connected to the internet"....as soon as I released the left side and laid it on the table, hit "ok" to dismiss the message, Google INSTANTLY loaded...yea it's all visual Apple..BULL!
    Bcon

What's Jailbreak? Electrodaktylus's Avatar
    Thanks
    But nobody handed me anything, I paid $ and signed a contract for this faulty gadget. Moron! Is just another product in the huge market of electronics. Apple is just a brand I don't give a **** about them, I just want the stuff that I pay for to work reliably.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's funny how ALL my friends with Droids complain about there phone but you never see that on the net !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by willieworks View Post
    Hey everybody,

Ever since I taped my SIMM, my reception is consistant. See post re "Possible fix for iPhone 4 reception problems"
    Yes, this has been one of many (i.e. proximity sensor) issues with the iPhone 4. The sim problem is unrelated to the antenna issue. Yes, it fixed that signal issue but if I was to guess you are also in a strong signal area and now that you have the sim issue fixed you are in the same boat as all those who can't see the antenna design issue because of the signal bars not currently displaying accurately what your actual signal is.

Wait for the software update for signal bars displaying and you will also see your phone is affected by the antenna issue.

Thanks

in as workig fie util the othe day but they blamed it on att and said the car as not makin good contact. I seen att and everything seems ok. new sim card was installed, i also have a case even before the new sim card. i was getting robot sounds on my calls and then getting voicemails from people 10 mins later and my phone never rang. I alwasy have 4 or 5 bars and i live in st louis. It is what it is folks i still love my iPhone 4.

my batteries ar ing i my keyboad, sorry fo speeling......LOL
    Last edited by stlcaddie; 07-12-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast