+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Consumer Reports Pulls iPhone 4 Recommendation

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by zinjen I have an iPhone 4 and I have yet to drop a call in the past 2 weeks I've had it. I'm not saying it's not
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 and I have yet to drop a call in the past 2 weeks I've had it. I'm not saying it's not happening to everyone else, but I believe some of this is based on location, and even more so the way people hold the phone. I rarely touch that left hand corner unless I'm trying to see if I loose bars on purpose.
    Are you drunk!?? "based on location"?? What better location to test than an isolation chamber? If it is happening in there, where I am sure the signal is better than anywhere outside, it is sure to be happening.

Apple has dropped the ball BIG TIME on this one and needs to fix it. Needing to hold the phone differently is a load of crap.

Thanks

I'm glad I never bought an iPhone 4 and that I'm sticking with my 3GS right now.

Anytime something new comes out, it's always better to wait so any problems can get ironed out, instead of jumping the gun and chancing the possibility of being stuck with any issues.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tamaysz For This Useful Post:

redwolf (07-12-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Let me guess....... Consumer Reports testers were ALSO holding the phone wrong Mr. Jobs?

Can't skate by on that excuse anymore now can you?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

redwolf (07-12-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

Wowsers! All i can say that i have had no problems whatsoever with this so called deathgrip. Several of my buddies have the iphone 4 and cannot replicate the problem no matter how we hold it.

By the way facetime is the best thing ever!! Got a facetime lapdance by some hot hot chick i met at a bar on saturday night. Hahahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

I see them getting this update released a little sooner than normal, and hopefully then, dev team releases their work..
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Keep settling for sub-par products and companies, not just Apple, will keep pushing them out the door and making money on them because people just keep buying them just to be cool or to be the first to have them.

Take off your blinders people. There is a problem.

Funny thing is, all these people who are saying they arent having problems and the iPhone 4 is great, would be some of the first people in line to swap them out if Apple ever offered it because there was a design flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Let me guess....... Consumer Reports testers were ALSO holding the phone wrong Mr. Jobs?

Can't skate by on that excuse anymore now can you?
    LOL...and the isolation chamber, wasn't isolated enough. AKA, not in the lab at Cupertino or Steve's back yard.
    Last edited by Hyperextension; 07-12-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperextension For This Useful Post:

cpkirkley (07-12-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    Are you drunk!?? "based on location"?? What better location to test than an isolation chamber? If it is happening in there, where I am sure the signal is better than anywhere outside, it is sure to be happening.

Apple has dropped the ball BIG TIME on this one and needs to fix it. Needing to hold the phone differently is a load of crap.
    Isolation Chamber or not people are finding different experiences with the iPhone 4 all over the world. So I feel confident saying a "Isolation Chamber" isn't necessarily 100% accurate.

Not to mention the way you hold the phone makes a huge difference. When I hold it by the deathgrip it surely does drop signal to "0 bars" but to hold it that way feels awkward. Hold the middle (sides) of the phone and there is no issue.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

I do not own an iPhone 4, but have messed around with one out of the apple/AT&T store and the signal drops but the persons case caused it to stay steady. But it is a real problem. Though if you are either dumb or like to show off your new gadgets, you'll let your glass-on-front-and-back $200+ phone exposed to everything like dust and sharp corners on tables hahah. Either way, a $5 or so case from eBay or $30 case from apple will be a good investment, unless it's a work supplied phone :P

Thanks

i hate when you go on the apple site and it says nothing about this stuff. they act like everything is ok. i hate those bastards cause you never know when they have something up their sleeves. They just MIGHT make everything better...but we dont know squat.

Thanks
    I live in boca raton fl and I went into the apple store the other day, I went to every single iPhone 4 on display which is about 30 and 27 of them all went to no signal when I held the phone normally like I do my current 3Gs. I asked an apple employee and he fully denied any "reception issuue" and I got asked to leave the store.

If this were an "area" related problem I know the Miami tower is pushing 3g speed on my 3Gs I don't see why the ifail 4 still has this problem.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The iphone4 that I ordered works perfect. No signal issues and no proximity issues. It has to be a bad batch of parts. Otherwise everyone would have these issues.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wonder if they knew about this and this is why field test is gone?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

The cookie crumbles.

One thing to realize is that as with previous iPhones, YOUR model may be ok, but THE model still has problems.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm curious if people who recently bought phones recently from the newest production vs the first batch/preorders have the same issue as well. I really wanna jump on this phone but honestly I'm a bit worried. I'm hoping maybe the newere batch may be better?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swehbe View Post
    I bought 2 unlocked iphone 4 in France, and to my surprise, one of them looses signal when i hold it with death grip and the other shows no effect at all...i find it very weird. Anyways i got bumpers for both, so if this is the only issue they could find, am good for now .
    same situation with me, bought 2 from the same AT&T store at the same time, I have had zero signal issues or dropped calls, my wife's on the other hand constantly drops calls and says either no sim or invalid sim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my phone has the issue and it is a hardware issue. i don't have to use the death grip, if i put one finger on that bottom-left band the reception drops to no signal. i checked out ATT's other phones but they all suck so i got a case and took it like a man.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I say don't hold the phone while on a call keep it in the holster and use the headphones call will never drop. It's not like you would use the death grip for anything else

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volcomc View Post
    Get a freaking bumper people and stop crying. The iPhone 4 is a tank!
    How about you send us all $29 for the rubberband

23. The Following User Says Thank You to vaughnhenry2 For This Useful Post:

therandy (07-12-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone therandy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geoffe View Post
    I have never had reception problems, in fact the clarity is way better than the 3G. My only complaint is the proximity sensor. That is getting tough to live with.
    My phone is fine on reception and proximity, but my fiancé had the proximity problem...we took it to an apple store and they gave her a new phone! Problem soled.

Btw it was in Orlando FL, don't know of it differs from store to store.