+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What Does Class Action Suit Against Apple, AT&T Mean for iPhone Owners?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I was forced to use AT&T? I thought I chose to use AT&T....
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Priestley View Post
    It is stupid how much power AT&T have over iPhone customers. Here in the UK you can buy an iPhone on Pay as you Go and use any sim card in it. You can also choose to take out a contract with a free iPhone with practically any provider (Orange, O2, T-Mobile, Tesco, Vodafone..). An added bonus is that competition between the networks drives prices even lower
    Which is what capitalism is supposed to be about. Not this monopoly crap we have here in the states

Quote Originally Posted by dbizzy1 View Post
    I can't wait until the iPhone is available on other carriers so everyone will see that it's not AT&T's network it's the fact that there are to many damn people who use it on the network. Has anyone in here tried to use a wifi singnal with 70 people on the same signal? Think of a cell phone network like that, the iPhone comprises of about 60-70% of AT&T's network and the same will happen to any other network. Just wait and see. So when the next carrier gets the iPhone we'll get to see that network crash and burn as well. Also just remember at the end of the day it's just a phone people. I think we've finally lost touch with reality lol!
    Won't that mean that AT&T's network will be free'd up a little, benefiting everyone?
    Last edited by listenclose; 07-11-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

It never ceases to amaze me how every thread this month contains somebody clamoring for a JB.
    They are working on it....maybe waiting for Apples next move...it will be here when its here.
    ...and btw when this class-action-lawsuit is settled let me know so I can tell them where to send my $1.57.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Thanks

Just another case of jelousy...so give everyone the sidekick...give everyone the motorolla droid..you dont hear that, But the iphone ? you hear it with that.Just a bunch of jelous people angry that their carrier doesn't have the iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Class Action is not for the people, it is for the lawyer filing the lawsuit. Only the lawyer makes money in Class Action. "Something gets done for the people" and it ain't money.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

if tmobile is getting an iphone it better be P!NK

Thanks

I hope something productive happens. If this forces AT&T and Apple to sell factory unlocked phone, or unlock a phone at the end of a contract period, I'll be happy.

For those who say "You knew you were going to be locked in for 2 years".. All I can say is NO ****. I go to Canada every month for a week, and if my iPhone wasn't unlocked, I wouldn't be able to afford roaming.

T-Mobile will unlock their phones if you have been with them for 90 days.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GhStRdR2k View Post
    No you were forced to use the iPhone. Apple demanded you buy it as a requirement to live, THEN you were forced to use ATT.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

9. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (07-12-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    People who are saying this is just another money hungry group of people looking for a lawsuit don't get the whole picture. The BIGGEST issue here (IMO) is that ATT won't unlock a phone EVEN IF YOU STAY WITH THEM! Basically, if you go outside the US with your iPhone you are technically locked to paying outrageous overages because you have no other choice. Hopefully this lawsuit opens peoples eyes in the US that locked phones are simply ridiculous. One can still subsidize a phone no problems without the phone NEEDING to be locked to another carrier. Am I looking for money on this one? No, although I have had every iPhone since its inception. What I am looking for is to hopefully put an end to this practice of locking phones forever... and before people say "everyone does it" in the US, when I was a TMO customer all I had to do was call them and they emailed me instructions on how to permanently FACTORY unlock my blackberry free of charge (I had it for roughly 6 months). I even told them the reason I wanted it was a trip to Europe we were taking and the reps were MORE than helpful. THAT is how it should be!

No, but you can sue them for not unlocking it for you... oh wait, they WILL unlock it for you as long as you request they do so!

This lawsuit is NOT about hardware. The iPhone wouldn't work with full 3G in the US on any carrier outside of ATT, but, again, that is not the ground of the suit.
    Very good post but it's sad many idiots will just skip over it and spew bs
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

Green Apple
    Thanks

The problem with a class action suit is the rest of us will probably get a $5.00 credit on our bill from a settlement on this. Unless you initiate the suite it's a waste of time for the rest of us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychodave View Post
    The problem with a class action suit is the rest of us will probably get a $5.00 credit on our bill from a settlement on this. Unless you initiate the suite it's a waste of time for the rest of us.
    As has been said, if the class action suit causes a policy change that is better for the consumer, every freaking wins.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

Thanks

the part about not unlocking the phones is what im pissed about, your paying a two year contract regardless if its unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If you hate AT&T then dont get a PHUCKING iPhone!!!! If you love your iphone but dont want AT&T then shut the PHUCK up. You have a choice. If I wanted the Droid but I hate Verizon I'm not going to sign a contract with Verizon and then get on blogs complaining about how I wish the Droid was on another carrier because I'm not a PHUCKING whiney B!TCH! I CAN'T STAND people that complain about something that THEY can change. I hate Chipotle. Guess what? I dont eat there and then complain that its over priced catfood with cilantro. I have a choice not to go there.

If you love you're iPhone than there is a reason you love it. It's a good phone with good service. If you don't have good service than change providers. If you carry an iPhone and a Droid than you're a rAtard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akosko01 View Post
    If you hate AT&T then dont get a PHUCKING iPhone!!!! If you love your iphone but dont want AT&T then shut the PHUCK up. You have a choice. If I wanted the Droid but I hate Verizon I'm not going to sign a contract with Verizon and then get on blogs complaining about how I wish the Droid was on another carrier because I'm not a PHUCKING whiney B!TCH! I CAN'T STAND people that complain about something that THEY can change. I hate Chipotle. Guess what? I dont eat there and then complain that its over priced catfood with cilantro. I have a choice not to go there.

If you love you're iPhone than there is a reason you love it. It's a good phone with good service. If you don't have good service than change providers. If you carry an iPhone and a Droid than you're a rAtard.
    Or another option. Take them to court and win a victory for consumers everywhere. "Whiny b!tches" Made this country great you freaking idiot. Independence, civil rights, suffrage, environmental and consumer protections yup all "Whiny B!ches".
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

What a Class Action lawsuit will bring is for Iphone owner effected probality $10 and it will be for use when you purchase a new Apple Product or for Itunes and the lawyers will get millions and millions and it will be several years from now!

The 20th Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    What a Class Action lawsuit will bring is for Iphone owner effected probality $10 and it will be for use when you purchase a new Apple Product or for Itunes and the lawyers will get millions and millions and it will be several years from now!
    ^^^^ this one along with too many other post fail to see what this lawsuit is all about... not all lawsuits are about getting money this one is about being able to unlock our iphone when we are done with our contract. i have been out of contract since 09 and they still wont unlock my original iphone even though i have been out of contract. if i call asking to unlock any of my other phones thy will be more than happy to help att's policy is you can call and get your phone unlocked if you have are at least 90days into your contract and are in good standing billing wise. this applies to all but the iphone and there is a law that requires carriers to unlock your device after your contract is up to make it easier to change service providers if you wish. this is very similar to what it was like when they wouldnt allow you to port your number over. i dont remember ppl getting any money out if but we did get was the option to keep our number so we wouldnt have to go thru the hassle of giving every1 we knew our new number because we switched service provider.

ps give me the jailbreak ppl... WHERE DID THIS ARTICLE MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THE NEW JAILBREAK??? are you guys that stupid your mind is now injecting things you want to see or read about into the written language?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Heck with it!

I'm going with smoke signals...

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

God, I'm so excited! Maybe now Apple will stop being control freak douche bags!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky369 View Post
    No this does not mean a Verizon iPhone; or a T-Mobile iPhone.

It means some people are going to make some money; and that's it.

The ONLY reason why this is happening is because little whinny bitchy people; like the majority that are on this forum; want the iPhone on Verizon, so they took At&t and Apple to court to try and get it fixed.

Well guess what; it's still not going to happen.

So; like I say every time I have to post; quit your ******** if you don't like At&t. Go somewhere else; give us your bandwidth and try going to Verizon where you get dial up speed 3G; or T-Mobile; where you don't get any 3G at all.
    Very well put. I totally agree

21. The Following User Says Thank You to EskimoRuler For This Useful Post:

akosko01 (07-11-2010)

Thanks

i could give a flying ufck. Not too may options for cellphone carriers in alaska.