+ Reply
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by nickhesson I'll just keep my mouth shut I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying. It's GeoHot, he has no reason to fake it. He can
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    I'll just keep my mouth shut
    I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying. It's GeoHot, he has no reason to fake it. He can jailbreak anything whenever he wants if he wants to put in the time.

Let's face it. He cracked the PS3 after years of people trying...His reputation speaks for it's self.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

rkswat (07-10-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I for 1 would just like to say ty to all involved in providing a jailbreak. They due not owe us anything period. How many of you out there have st down reading hundereds of lines of code referencing who knows what and provided a jb for anyone.

None of youbmyself included. The iphone is not a iron lung you do not need it to live and constantly bothering the people who can help you-us only slows down the wheels of progress.

Leave the developers alone and when they are ready to share they will.

Personaly i think they should charge each and everyone of us 50-100 dollars for there service maybe then the wining would stop.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bubba's 69's Avatar
    Thanks

Why should he release it? Ya there's a lot of things I'm missing not being JB'n, but I would rather have 4.0.1 JB with apples bugs fixed. And if they patch the exploit anyway then I can stay at 4.0 with a JB. That's why it's a good idea to get your shsh saved now.
    Last edited by bubba's 69; 07-10-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Not finished

Thanks

Gehot is the biggest attention whore around. What he is saying is the opposite of what he wants.

I wish the dev team just released stuff sooner, slightly buggy 'beta' stuff and then polish it. It's the initial wait that pisses people off.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 07-10-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: blah

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pedro93 View Post
    hey guys!

I have also jailbroken my iphone 4! Check out the pic!

I will fix a few bugs later when i have time and it should be ready tomorrow afternoon just pm me!

Nice iPod pic

Green Apple
    Thanks

If he got a job at Apple.... that would be scary.
    He does seems like an *** lately. Reminds of of the movie stars
    that don't like attention lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

An that's true! Same theirs a lot of that is very annoying with no home training that don't deserve it. An what that does is make the good suffer along with the bad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imnew2hu View Post
    I for 1 would just like to say ty to all involved in providing a jailbreak. They due not owe us anything period. How many of you out there have st down reading hundereds of lines of code referencing who knows what and provided a jb for anyone.

None of youbmyself included. The iphone is not a iron lung you do not need it to live and constantly bothering the people who can help you-us only slows down the wheels of progress.

Leave the developers alone and when they are ready to share they will.

Personaly i think they should charge each and everyone of us 50-100 dollars for there service maybe then the wining would stop.
    agree everything but the last bit lol 50-100 dollars hehe
    Please Donate ''Thanks'' Every Little Helps

Green Apple
    Thanks

An that's so true! Same theirs a lot of jerks that is very annoying with no home training that don't deserve it. An what that does is make the good suffer along with the bad

Thanks

wow guys if a jailbreak means that much to you where you would be pissed off @ geo for taking his time and hopefully enjoying his personal life, you do it! you jailbreak iphone 4, spend your life trying to give out your hard work for free, and quit complaining about free stuff!!! thats why it's free!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cocheese For This Useful Post:

rkswat (07-10-2010), ronfin44 (07-10-2010)

Thanks
    Geoego is just showing his age or lack of. Brilliant hacker who gave us great things for free. He'll remember how that donation button got him to Europe and come around. Leave the kid alone, what do expect for guy who puts his own mug on the jailbreak splash screen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

People need to stop bugging him about the jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying. It's GeoHot, he has no reason to fake it. He can jailbreak anything whenever he wants if he wants to put in the time.

Let's face it. He cracked the PS3 after years of people trying...His reputation speaks for it's self.
    Exactly, his reputation does speak for itself. It says:

Hey guys look what I can do, sorry it caused EVERYONE with Linux on their PS3 to lose it, but im a genius so I'll still manage on MY ps3. Oh to get around the update I have a custom firmware for the ps3 but dont ask me about it.

I am completely content being on my 3gs that is jailbroken. An iphone 4 jailbreak is the determining factor into whether or not I get the phone but I can wait.

No one is doubting that the kid does good work but its the same as some hot chick telling a group of inmates that she has nudes but shes not going to send them because everyone asks for them. No one would ask you if they didnt know you had it! The dev team has always been nothing short of professional and extremely helpful in the work that they do.

Im just saying his blog did nothing but the following:
    1) get people hopeful
    2) make these hopeful people flood him with MORE requests
    3) bring attention that an exploit exists

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Gehot is the biggest attention whore around. What he is saying is the opposite of what he wants. As soon as he has had his *** licked enough the jailbreak will be released.

I wish the dev team just released stuff sooner, slightly buggy 'beta' stuff and then polish it. It's the initial wait that pisses people off.
    I can guarantee the dev team will never intentionally release anything buggy just to appease the masses, they have built their reputation on solid, stable jailbreaks

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    What does it matter if he is faking it or not? He's not going to release it, and to be honest, he should have just kept his mouth shut. He keeps complaining about people bugging him for a release, and then goes and does this attention grab but says "Meh"

This is getting a little ridiculous, why he even bothers to tell us this crap is beyond me. If he is not going to release anything, he needs to stop taunting people with jailbreak tools. If he is truly annoyed with the attention, he wouldn't do stuff like this. Clearly he just wants the attention.

The only other possiblity is that its all just a show, to tease Apple, not us the users. Perhaps to encourage thoughts that the JB will no be released, so that Apple might push out the next update.... Who knows... but really, all I see is attention grabbing.
    The next step in that thought pattern would be to release the jailbreak and thus garner even more attention and even moniez, no?

Quote Originally Posted by stfudvs View Post
    since day one the scene has been littered with people asking questions, weather you think they are stupid or not is irrelevant, because once you decide to put something out and state what you are working on you have to be aware that you will be dealing with it on your blog, in your email, in your stupid twitter, so either don't release anything and do it to yourself, or own up to what comes along with making a name for yourself in the scene

dont be a hypocrite

geohotz you aint the worlds greatest hacker, you aint the iDevice elitist pimp, your a whiny brat with an inflated ego
    No, the questions are stupid and they are getting out of hand. Hell, I even had a guy ask me on twitter if I was still working on a JB for the new bootrom ONLY because I replied to one of SB's tweets. Never once have I ever made any reference or anything to me trying to or being capable of jailbreaking anything. When they are asking random nobodies what the status of "their" jailbreaks are, then I think saying the questions and comments are out of hand is a very fair assessment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off-photo.png  

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

mastaryan (07-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I think u have to b smokin rocks to even consider payin 50-$100 for a jailbreak, I can agree with rest though.

Thanks

*sighs* *Cool Guy Voice* "This is Just One Big Game of Chess".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro93 View Post
    Hey guys!

i have also jailbroken my iphone 4! check out the pic!

i will fix a few bugs later when i have time and it should be ready tomorrow afternoon just pm me!

failure lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I just sold my iPhone 3GS so I'm ready for the iPhone 4 JB. BTW, who says "The more people who ask for the JB means the less I want to release it?" Why doesn't he just keep quiet and no one bothers him? I don't mean to sound rude, but who says "look at what I've done. I know all of you want this, but now leave me alone."

Thanks
    Dev team are solid and pros. With some of that comes the wait for all the bugs to be vetted. Don't like waiting for the team just try waiting for there windows stuff. A tad Mac-centric, but it is an apple device.
    Last edited by 12paq; 07-10-2010 at 11:15 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to 12paq For This Useful Post:

twitchthecat (07-11-2010)