+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple May Be Waiting For iPhone 4 Jailbreak to Release iOS 4 Software Update

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
apple is taking over the world
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

apple is taking over the world

Green Apple
    Thanks

So let's say we have waited for 4.0.1 to be released and soon after the jailbreak is then released. What will stop apple from releasing 4.0.2 just days after that and patching it? The point is, apple will always patch exploits and people will update without thinking. Waiting isn't going to stop ether.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efi2nr View Post
    So let's say we have waited for 4.0.1 to be released and soon after the jailbreak is then released. What will stop apple from releasing 4.0.2 just days after that and patching it? The point is, apple will always patch exploits and people will update without thinking. Waiting isn't going to stop ether.
    The main reason for the 4.0.1 update will be to try to fix the reception problem in the iPhone 4. I'm not convinced it's a software issue, but almost every iPhone 4 user is going to want to update in hopes it will at least help. Saying that, the Dev team knows that if they release before the update, and Apple patches it with 4.0.1, then all the people that are in need of the update will do so, and then the whole game starts over again just days after they released. As much as I want the jailbreak, preserving the exploit for the next apple update it the best thing to do.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kmmxracer For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (07-10-2010), qucina (07-11-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Right, because Apple would just play along and patch up an exploit that doesn't even exist.

This could be the single dumbest post I have read on these forums. Be proud kiddo, that's no small feat.

On a side note, a while back some of the dev team members were giving a presentation at a hacker/dev conference and mentioned that there were roughly 100 or so regular visitors to their site that came from Apple's ip range.
    You must not know much about writing code then moron. Obviously the devs are good enough to find an exploit in the code. Let me teach you something you can take with you from now on to stop looking like an idiot. There is always more than one way to get through security, no code is ever perfect. The devs just need to find another exploit. Does it have to work perfect? No, it can be full of bugs, but it will still look legit. Maybe you should think a bit more before making idiotic replies only to boost your post number.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

For me if I can't jailbreak it then it's not that compelling of a device and only reason I put up with at&t. I just bought an iPad but only after I was sure there was a jailbreak for it. So if Apple wants to be stupid and shoot themselves in the wallet ( will not be the first time) they are going in the right direction. It's just a matter of time before android phones are just as compelling device.

no more jailbreak = no more buy new apple products.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LGgeek For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (07-10-2010), mj0528 (07-12-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    For me if I can't jailbreak it then it's not that compelling of a device and only reason I put up with at&t. I just bought an iPad but only after I was sure there was a jailbreak for it. So if Apple wants to be stupid and shoot themselves in the wallet ( will not be the first time) they are going in the right direction. It's just a matter of time before android phones are just as compelling device.

no more jailbreak = no more buy new apple products.
    I agree if Apple could stop jailbreaking then there sales would hit an all time low!

I don't really think ALL the people at Apple can understand this!

Also why does jailbreaking an Iphone bother Apple at all, other than its improving the quality of the Iphone?

Never mind I understand its just like a woman wanting to control a man!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

To all the people saying release now cos apple will only release another update anyway. They may well do, but that will most likely be optional, bux fix, battery improvement etc. The release of the antenna fix is not optional really, most people will want it. Add to that the fact that we know it's definitely coming, and apart from those in the "big 4" countries the rest of the world don't even have 4 yet, it's highly selfish to insist on a release now. And you will be the first asking for a new one because you updated to 4.0.1 and lost the precious JB that you'd had for all of 2 weeks. The dev team aren't stupid, they will do what's right, for the majority of people. Just relax

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    I agree if Apple could stop jailbreaking then there sales would hit an all time low!

I don't really think ALL the people at Apple can understand this!

Also why does jailbreaking an Iphone bother Apple at all, other than its improving the quality of the Iphone?

Never mind I understand its just like a woman wanting to control a man!
    man u are soo right,hackers makes iphone better product,n Apple dont like that,they are just like a woman, dont like his man pleasuring him self or by another woman lol

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wickedfx View Post
    You must not know much about writing code then moron. Obviously the devs are good enough to find an exploit in the code. Let me teach you something you can take with you from now on to stop looking like an idiot. There is always more than one way to get through security, no code is ever perfect. The devs just need to find another exploit. Does it have to work perfect? No, it can be full of bugs, but it will still look legit. Maybe you should think a bit more before making idiotic replies only to boost your post number.
    Let me get this straight, you are saying that the devs should find an exploit that doesn't fully work and release it to the public as bait for Apple to hopefully bite on?

*takes a deep breath*

There are at least three major errors in this idea...

1) Apple will certainly analyze any exploit that is made public and I have a feeling they've got a couple of iPhones in Cupertino that they could always test it on for further examination. They'll be able to spot a dummy jailbreak just as easily as the Devs and Geohot were able to spot 3.1.3 as being JB bait.

2) Why would the dev team search for and find an exploit only to use it as bait? Why wouldn't they save that exploit or the one they already have and thus be able to capitalize on two exploits rather than waisting both of them only to get one jailbreak released.

3) You want the dev team to release incomplete and buggy software to the public? Yeah, you think people complain about needing the Dev's help these days, just wait until the people get ahold of this "bait jailbreak" and it completely screws up their phones.

But I digress, you are absolutely right in one regard. All they've got to do is find another exploit, it's so simple!
    Last edited by mortopher; 07-10-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: edit in bold

iPhone? More like MyPhone FerrariCUBU's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreak devs will always beat Apple at the waiting game for one key reason: no economic pressure. If Apple waits too long to release an update people will get mad and possibly not buy or even return their iPhones. Jailbreaking is free, so geohot and those guys can wait as long as they want.

Thanks

I've had my iPhone 3GS old bootrom + upgrade-trapped to 4.0 for about a week and a half now, and this suspense is killing me.

I'm getting jealous by how fast and smooth the 3GS is compared to my old iPhone 2G. I'm unable to unlock it let alone jailbreak since I'm on T-Mobile. With no SHSH's or previous jailbreaks, I'm up the creek without a paddle.

I even applied the full body Zagg kit on my iPhone 3GS. Now it just sits there on my desk, being shiny and alluring, mocking me after each passing day.

Thanks

Come on apple. I can't load a ******* website on 3G

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hey do you think the white iphones coming out will be released with the updatated software? i'm still wondering if there's any benefit to buying the black one now instead of waiting...i'm concerned things might get patched with the later released phones...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariCUBU View Post
    Jailbreak devs will always beat Apple at the waiting game for one key reason: no economic pressure. If Apple waits too long to release an update people will get mad and possibly not buy or even return their iPhones. Jailbreaking is free, so geohot and those guys can wait as long as they want.
    I agree, all the time in the world. Hopefully everyone that's keen for a jailbreak with turn on apple & pressure them to release the update, the faster that happens, the sooner we can jailbreak. I have a 3GS new boot rom that my wife updated by accident. I don't care about the iPhone 4. The downgrade threads don't work( I do have my shsh saved for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 . I tried going down to iTunes 9.1. Still no go.....

+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567