Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone Disk - Real Disc Mode for iPhone and iPad

Default Phone Disk - Real Disk Mode for iPhone and iPad
    iOS 4, iPhone 4, and iTunes 9.2 Compatible.

Feeling the Jailbreak Blues? Why not get access to your file system and access files directly from your finder while you wait for that unnamed Jailbreak Tool. Phone Disk, from the creators of iPhone Explorer (Macropant), will allow you to mount an iPad, iPhone (4), and iPod Touch to USB disk mode on a Mac. Phone Disk runs in the system tray of your Mac. Once mounted you can use it just like any other USB Drive.

The application supports multiple devices, and gives you access to things like preview, open, edit, etc. Right now Phone Disk is Free, but it won't be forever. Sept 1, 2010, Phone Disk will include a minimal fee, but in the mean time, you can grab a free license and activate it now before this expires.

Download Phone Disk for Mac

If you're a Windows user and need a similar program, iPhone Explorer comes pretty close to Phone Disk for Mac.

Thanks to iLaw-one for the tip
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 07-09-2010 at 12:32 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

jamriman (07-09-2010), reaves205 (07-09-2010)

Thanks

cool

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tudtran For This Useful Post:

Mbeck0265 (07-09-2010), sdtqf (07-09-2010)

Hmmm cool.... i like... anyways so when IS that jailbreak coming... i need an unlock not for me, but for someone else..... im pretty good on ATT

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    Hmmm cool.... i like... anyways so when IS that jailbreak coming... i need an unlock not for me, but for someone else..... im pretty good on ATT
    lol this wouldnt make u happy then According to Apple Lakeside, iOS 4.0.1 / 4.1 Maybe Delayed Due to Jailbreak [Rumor] | Redmond Pie

i highly doubt it though. they have better things to worry about

Huh - I can't wait to install this tomorrow and see how deep down into the file system it gets us - and what kind of permissions we'll have...

Quote Originally Posted by pentatonic145 View Post
    Huh - I can't wait to install this tomorrow and see how deep down into the file system it gets us - and what kind of permissions we'll have...
    lol, you won't get very deep unless your already jailbroken. It's just the usual access, only this is disk mode, rather than an iPhone Explorer app. good luck lol
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 07-09-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    lol this wouldnt make u happy then According to Apple Lakeside, iOS 4.0.1 / 4.1 Maybe Delayed Due to Jailbreak [Rumor] | Redmond Pie

i highly doubt it though. they have better things to worry about
    That sort of makes me laugh. I mean both sides sitting waiting on who will do it first.

Apple: Crap they have a jb in the works already!!!! But they are waiting for 4.0.1 to drop. Well we can wait.
    Dev Team: We know they know that we know how to jailbreak iPhone 4 but are waiting on us. We got time, they are a massive company have customer's phones to fix at some point.
    Last edited by Cer0; 07-09-2010 at 01:24 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

darkrom (07-09-2010), Nick Hesson (07-09-2010)

i have the jailbreak blues

also have the i want to swap my black iphone 4 for a white iphone 4 as soon as its available blues

Thanks

I thought this was like an jb open ssh. I was hoping for a cyberduck replacement.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

it is if you are jailbroken and have the ac2add or whatever it's called installed then just tell it to allow root by going into the prefrences of it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (07-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cool...

cool, although I've still holding before I get the ipad & the iphone 4, but I will grap a copy before I will have to pay for it...
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

Thanks

Thanks....

I've heard that the Dev team are working on releasing a program that's just like itunes, in which we won't need itunes for our idevices no more, all the update synch, and apps will be through that program.
    And after what I've seen in this program "Phone Disk", it's like a dream how we can just explore the hole device as if it's a hard drive with no complications at all.
    So how far are we from the promising "alt-itunes" program, and how would the idevices users, developer, and Apple Inc. deal with it?
    Is it just a dream, or will it come true on day just like "Phone Disk"?
    Anybody have any clue about it?
    Last edited by moudy; 07-09-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

Thanks

hmmm so it's supposed to work as an ssh tool right? i have root access i can't access var or themes it just shows as a terminal command

from what i understand, this is really Disk mode, just another usb file transfer app. in order for you to say, transfer something between two computers using your phone as a flash drive, you'd need to have this software on both computers.

i'm waiting for something that allows for disk mode like the iPods. You plug them in, they show up on your desktop or in my computer and you can drag and drop away. something like the "enable disk use" feature, but for iphones.

Thanks

pretty sure this is it if that's what you are looking for hah but yeah you would need this installed on both computers this is true why not just use an app for that? like transport?

Thanks

Anybody else get an error when trying to install?

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

nicee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast