Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone Disk - Real Disc Mode for iPhone and iPad

i think i used to use this problem
    or something similar to this
    only they made you pay for the program

thanks for making it freeware!

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

ima give this a try
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

Successfully installed, but It won't detect my iPhone 2G...

Macbook 2.26 Intel Core2Dua latest edition, 10.6.4 with iTunes 9.2

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by viperfan91 View Post
    Anybody else get an error when trying to install?
    I didn't gave any problems installing this yesterday...guess their servers must be overloaded with the number if people trying to download and register the program...I'd say give it a while and try again...I found it quite useful in many respects, one being that all my high res photos from my iPhone 4 could be viewed in all their glory as soon as the i4 is plugged in and you navigate to the appropriate folder...I know you can do same with iphoto, but it's quite refreshing to have options and to also be able to drag files straight from the computer onto the i4 just like a regular USB.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy_on_mac View Post
    Successfully installed, but It won't detect my iPhone 2G...

Macbook 2.26 Intel Core2Dua latest edition, 10.6.4 with iTunes 9.2

Anyone else?
    Check your applications folder and also your desktop...it should be there. I had no problems with either my 3G or i4...once it starts, it shows an icon on your taskbar at the top of your screen
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 07-09-2010 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

so this is never coming for windows?? surely iphone browser doesnt make it appear like a USB stick???

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this mean we might get a Floola and not have to use the abomination that is iTunes to sync our stuff? **** crossing fingers ****

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    That sort of makes me laugh. I mean both sides sitting waiting on who will do it first.

Apple: Crap they have a jb in the works already!!!! But they are waiting for 4.0.1 to drop. Well we can wait.
    Dev Team: We know they know that we know how to jailbreak iPhone 4 but are waiting on us. We got time, they are a massive company have customer's phones to fix at some point.
    I highly doubt they are waiting on the dev team. We can all keep saying that though, I suppose...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 07-09-2010 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Does this mean we might get a Floola and not have to use the abomination that is iTunes to sync our stuff? **** crossing fingers ****

I highly doubt they are waiting on the dev team. We can all keep saying that though, I suppose...
    Can't wait for that day too...it'll be a dream come true and total freedom from lockdown!!

Not sure which it is, but either way, the DevTeam has been quite instrumental to getting apple where they are today...ie multi-tasking, folders...the list goes on...I'm however more inclined to believe apple may have discovered some exploits the DevTeam could probably use, and are trying to patch it...what else could be the reason for a formula error correction taking "a few weeks"?

I'm also comfortable in believing that whatever apple throws out, the DevTeam WILL find a way...such is my faith in them.
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 07-09-2010 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    lol this wouldnt make u happy then According to Apple Lakeside, iOS 4.0.1 / 4.1 Maybe Delayed Due to Jailbreak [Rumor] | Redmond Pie

i highly doubt it though. they have better things to worry about

Another stunning bit of reporting from that site.

Someone tweeted that they heard from someone who works in an apple store....

So it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by moudy View Post
    I've heard that the Dev team are working on releasing a program that's just like itunes, in which we won't need itunes for our idevices no more, all the update synch, and apps will be through that program.
    Where did you here that? I've not heard of any Dev Team member working on anything like this.

Posixninja is working on something for linux but that's just because iTunes isn't available for linux.

Is anyone else working on an iTunes replacement?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone else working on an iTunes replacement?
    Lol @ rumors. I heard and (or) read that GeoHot was working on a jailbreak that apple could NEVER patch. All devices, all firmwares, all boot roms & everything apple could ever dream up could not kill the Jailbreak. I'm pretty sure it's all BS though cuz GeoHot is out of the game, maybe for life

I guess were gonna have to depend on Comex & The Dev Team for our jailbreaks and unlocks from now on. Respect to this guys for putting in so much work for us iPhone nerds. Lol.

I'm gonna donate to them. They deserve some reward!

iPhone Explorer looks cool, i'm gonna try it
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post

Not sure which it is, but either way, the DevTeam has been quite instrumental to getting apple where they are today...ie multi-tasking, folders...the list goes on...I'm however more inclined to believe apple may have discovered some exploits the DevTeam could probably use, and are trying to patch it...what else could be the reason for a formula error correction taking "a few weeks"?

I'm also comfortable in believing that whatever apple throws out, the DevTeam WILL find a way...such is my faith in them.
    The fact that Apple announced that a new firmware is coming, and the fact that the devteam has waited to release things in the past before new known firmwares were released is evidence enough (for me anyway) that Apple is not stupid enough to think that the dev team will say "F*** it, let's just release it before Apple makes a patch anyway." It is FAR more likely that Apple is doing some other tweaks that they simply haven't told us about.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    I'm gonna donate to them. They deserve some reward!
    Donate to 'them'?

Comex accepts donations but the Dev Team don't, everything they have done is free and no donations are accepted.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    from what i understand, this is really Disk mode, just another usb file transfer app. in order for you to say, transfer something between two computers using your phone as a flash drive, you'd need to have this software on both computers.

i'm waiting for something that allows for disk mode like the iPods. You plug them in, they show up on your desktop or in my computer and you can drag and drop away. something like the "enable disk use" feature, but for iphones.
    What about PwnTunes. This is exactly what you are looking for.

Works great, thanks!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

uuummmm..... Says free but when install it ask for registration code?

Quote Originally Posted by mtb29er View Post
    uuummmm..... Says free but when install it ask for registration code?
    Scratch that got it sorry
    Last edited by mtb29er; 07-09-2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This dosnt work... dosnt recognize my device.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anybody tried to successfully copy an image to your iDevice with this??
    i tried but then the image "disappears" after a moment..
    and can't be viewed on the iDevice..
    mine's an iphone 3Gs 4.0 JBed..

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    lol this wouldnt make u happy then According to Apple Lakeside, iOS 4.0.1 / 4.1 Maybe Delayed Due to Jailbreak [Rumor] | Redmond Pie

i highly doubt it though. they have better things to worry about
    Ug, **** apple for **** like this. Seriously. They have serious issues to fix in their ****** iOS and they put it off because of a jailbreak. Just one more reason on top of them all why I'm leaving AT&T and ditching the iPhone. Is it next Wednesday yet!?!?

Thanks

This sounds more convenient than iPhone Explorer. I don't have to use this all the time.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Just tried it on my 3GS, and it works. To get root access, you have to install afc2add on your iPhone, AND check that option in the Preferences of Phone Disk. Also, it may not show a window when you launch the application. It's an icon in the menubar.

The only small annoyance is that Finder doesn't know what to do with those "shortcuts" in the root folder (e.g., Applications, User, var.) It just appears as a Unix Executable File. So, you will have to know the full path of the folder you need. Unlike in Fugu, double-clicking those shortcuts takes you to the location.

Maybe in an update?

Good application overall. No need to mess with SSH'ing. Or am I missing something by not using SSH FTP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast