Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fring Enables Two Way Video Calling between Multiple Mobile Devices

Default Fring Enables Two Way Video Calling between Multiple Mobile Devices
    Including 3GS to iPhone 4

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUaFaKApPX4]YouTube - face-2-face video calls on fring 4 iPhone 4[/ame]

The iPhone 4 and FaceTime have introduced some incredible new features that developers can now tap into in regards to Two Way Video Calling and Fring has jumped on the opportunity right away. Back in December fring added video calling support, but the lack of a camera on the front limited video calls to one-way only, until the iPhone 4 brought us a front-facing camera. Now fring has updated their Application to work both ways. That's right, video calling without FaceTime and with multiple devices!

Obviously you cannot expect extremely smooth video streaming, but considering it can be done over 3G and Wi-Fi, and brings iPhone 4 Users and 3GS users together without FaceTime, it's pretty impressive.

Furthermore, you can also have these video calls with users on other devices including the Androids and Nokia (Symbian S60).

With the new fring for iPhone you get lots of fring goodies including 2 way video-calling where you want and with whom you want!

- Face-to-face video calls with friends on their Droids, Nokia (Symbian S60) and other iPhones
    - Video calls over 3G or Wi-Fi (Performance over 3G is subject to mobile operators' 3G coverage & quality)
    The latest updates is ready for iOS 4 multitasking, includes a new social stream, and a new address book update.

Download on iTunes.

Fring in Action: Android and iPhone 4

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZlztKKAgCo[/ame]
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 07-08-2010 at 08:52 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

aguilazul82 (07-08-2010), apoc (07-09-2010), jcbhome (07-09-2010), reaves205 (07-09-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Very cool concept but doesnt look that great of call/video quality. Either way it's a good start.

I cant really test this, I think fring severs are getting crushed or maybe my wifi sucks!

Looks promising, but I am hoping Skype will release something better.

Cool. I have hopes for skype too.
    Success is about living life the way you want to live it and having a damn good time doing it.
    Click on the link to download my Buuf4 Theme version:http://www.mediafire.com/?vjmzdoyyfbk

Screen shots here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-themes-launches/32178-buuf-353.html#post5116856
    Buuf icon pack download link updated to page 440:http://www.mediafire.com/?zbtkw0q5x6w0u41

Green Apple
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
    Thanks
    sounds all great and all... but I have been trying to register for an account 3 times already... failed each time

Thanks

this is nice. the possibilities on the iphone4 are going to be almost endless a few months down the road once apple and the jailbreak devs work out all the bugs for ios4.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

i'm gonna give this a try when i get home. this will do just fine until Skype w/ facetime support is released

Whoa! Something the Evo does from the factory!
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Don't you love all this willy waving?

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Just tested it out. iPhone 4 to iPhone 3G on 3G network... works great. Sluggish video, but thats expected.
    #eli7e revived me

already tried it kinda choppy and lag, but its a start, speakerphone bug, use earbuds, hopefully they update it again soon
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Video chat worked surprisingly well over 3G for me. Of course it was choppy, but only a little moreso than FaceTime over wifi. This was the first time I was wowed by video chat. Props to Fring for pushing that update out!

And don't underestimate this as one of the first quality VoIP apps on iOS 4 too--full backgrounding and push for incoming calls. It can be used with a variety of SIP providers (including Google Voice in conjunction w/Gizmo5 to save some big bucks!!).

Last edited by wvcachi; 11-08-2010 at 02:07 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wvcachi For This Useful Post:

Teban (07-08-2010)

sounds all great and all... but I have been trying to register for an account 3 times already... failed each time
    Ive tried for hours with no success...

D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by definitive View Post
    Ive tried for hours with no success...

D
    Yeah I think their servers got hit hard. Too bad they weren't more prepared. Think of all the customers they're losing.

IMO it's worth waiting for them to get it together though. I'd rather see a buggy launch than no update at all, like Skype.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Any idea if over 3G it uses minutes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NumbaOneI View Post
    Any idea if over 3G it uses minutes?
    No minutes, only data - it's all through Fring's app, not the phone.
    Last edited by wvcachi; 07-08-2010 at 09:28 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to wvcachi For This Useful Post:

NumbaOneI (07-08-2010)

Ah I love fring. I had it from way back. Back when it sucked they grow up so fast

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Got mine up and running within 5 minutes. Did it iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 (Only because all my friends are iPhone freaks) and it worked pretty well even though we were both on 3G. Now it's Skype's turn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast