Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fring Enables Two Way Video Calling between Multiple Mobile Devices

nice idea
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Goodness he sounds annoying...

Can't even register. I understand that they are probably getting a lot of traffic, but if they want new customers, they should've been ready.

tryed it in my car doing 80 on i95 worked fine for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wouldn't let me register.

looks promising

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It worked great at 3am but wouldn't connect at 9. They aren't ready for everyone just yet. Maybe one day but hopefully skype will be up to par at that point.

Works here pretty well from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4. from iPhone 4 to iPhone 3G. From iPhone 4 to iPhone 3G, works well except no video. From the iPhone 3G user. I hope the get the camera working on the 3G.

So it's only for phones that have video recording right? Cause I tried from 3Gs to 3G but only the 3G picks up the 3Gs video and the 3G only picks up voice. I hope they enable video for 3G soon

Anyone else having problems with this as of a little bit ago? I tried to use it again on skype, and saw that the option for skype was completely gone from the addons, and all my skype contacts were gone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Skype is gone for me too, WTF!

Skype better be updating and adding vchat soon

http://www.fring.com/blogs/

Huge fring video calling uptake stressing capacity
    Wow. What can we say� this is great ! Since adding 2-way video calling on iPhone 4 yesterday we have seen another huge jump in fring video calling. As even more fringsters video call their friends on Android, Nokia and iPhones, we have seen some network 'stress' (as the techies are telling me). So to free up capacity for more the fring-to-fring video calling, we are temporarily reducing support to 3rd �party Skype. Thanks for your patience. fringsters, enjoy your video calling, and SEE you later ...
    Last edited by listenclose; 07-09-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

Is there a way to switch from the front facing camera to the rear camera during a video call in fring?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UmarAllAroundYou View Post
    Is there a way to switch from the front facing camera to the rear camera during a video call in fring?
    Unfortunately no - not in this update, at least.

If you aren't worried about video chat and just want an SIP VoIP gateway, Nimbuzz updated for iOS 4 too. Works fine for me, and since they don't have a million and 1 people video chatting, their servers are probably more stable.

Last edited by wvcachi; 11-08-2010 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wvcachi For This Useful Post:

UmarAllAroundYou (07-09-2010)

Working great when I don't have the signal issue on my
    Ip4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just a general question about calling over 3G network between two iPhones (video or voice only), does the person who initiates the call pay for the data or both the caller and the recipient pay?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mashi_biao View Post
    Just a general question about calling over 3G network between two iPhones (video or voice only), does the person who initiates the call pay for the data or both the caller and the recipient pay?
    Both data plans, but it doesn't use any cell minutes. So unless you go over your allotted data plan, it's just data--the same as browsing the web or downloading an email attachment.

Not sure how much data a video call uses; I know voice-only over fring should be a pretty small amount.
    Last edited by wvcachi; 07-11-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks

doesnt work that well for me, keeps freezing up and keep kicking me off. Stcking to facetime

Thanks

Yeah, it seems like video chat got worse the last couple of days. Serious network bugs there.

For VoIP, an SIP provider routed through Nimbuzz works great.

Hopefully 3G Unrestrictor will play nice with FaceTime after the jailbreak is released.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123