+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Lifts Curtain on New Shanghai Flagship

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Carrbone u are a child obviously. Come to NY where our glass apple store has been for YEARS. U tool Lmao....exactly what I was thinking.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    u are a child obviously.
    Come to NY where our glass apple store has been for YEARS. U tool
    Lmao....exactly what I was thinking.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A_DuB187 For This Useful Post:

Bryan000 (07-09-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^I find it funny that fan boys of apple will insult people just because they criticize a fancy building built by apple. This is what I think is going through some of your heads when you read what I said: "Like OmGz that building was built by apple it probably uses the glass that the iphone 4 is made out of how can he say that". You think just because there's another building similar in design that has been around for 4 years that this one must be perfect and will last a thousand years and should be a world wonder? Well all I can say is I didn't know that such ignorant people existed. I'm not sure if you noticed but shanghai isn't in anyway similar to New York(hint: Location).

Oh and I've been wondering this. How does doubting the structural support of a glass building make someone a tool?
    Last edited by robertr1; 07-08-2010 at 02:36 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robertr1 For This Useful Post:

badass1469 (07-08-2010), spazturtle (07-08-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    What you don't know is what's under that glass...

And I like it.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    ^I find it funny that fan boys of apple will insult people just because they criticize a fancy building built by apple. This is what I think is going through some of your heads when you read what I said: "Like OmGz that building was built by apple it probably uses the glass that the iphone 4 is made out of how can he say that". You think just because there's another building similar in design that has been around for 4 years that this one must be perfect and will last a thousand years and should be a world wonder? Well all I can say is I didn't know that such ignorant people existed. I'm not sure if you noticed but shanghai isn't in anyway similar to New York(hint: Location).

Oh and I've been wondering this. How does doubting the structural support of a glass building make someone a tool?
    Actually I was referring to your apparent degree in architecture and structural engineering thats all.
    lol I also find it funny that your calling someone ignorant.

Back to the subject however,
    The building is sick.
    Its obvious from the surrounding buildings in the picture that the local construction efforts are very skilled.lol
    I have no doubt its built with the same quality as the one in NY; with us having several FEET of Heavy Snow during the winters it apparently can withstand great amounts of pressure.
    Last edited by Carrbone; 07-08-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: wee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    what do you mean "these" things??....RACIST!?!?!
    what do you mean "these" things?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Banned
    Thanks

Yeah, u buster!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Actually I was referring to your apparent degree in architecture and structural engineering thats all.
    lol I also find it funny that your calling someone ignorant.

Back to the subject however,
    The building is sick.
    Its obvious from the surrounding buildings in the picture that the local construction efforts are very skilled.lol
    I have no doubt its built with the same quality as the one in NY; with us having several FEET of Heavy Snow during the winters it apparently can withstand great amounts of pressure.
    Lol? I never once said anything about me knowing anything about structural engineering.

Anyone who's been in a hurricane knows 100-150 mph winds + random flying debris = broken glass....

I doubt any wind or snow or other random stuff will break it I'm just saying if something big hits it in a storm it could break.

I guess it's just a risk for having such a cool building though lol. Anyone know how big it is under the giant glass building? Shanghai definitely looks nicer than any American town I gotta give them that...

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    what do you mean "these" things?
    well what do you mean "these" things??

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

u are a child obviously.
    OLD FART alert,
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to badass1469 For This Useful Post:

Carrbone (07-08-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    well what do you mean "these" things??
    What are "these" things you are talking about? *randomly chews on your shoe for no reason*
    Last edited by awesomeSlayer; 07-08-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

u are a child obviously.

I support your argument. Apple fanatics tend to be very cloudy when people criticize their beloved apple lol.
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

Thanks
    Back to the building doesn't one of the buildings in the background look like a android robot looking at the apple store.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if it's made out of the same glass the iphone4 is! Ha, maybe that's the reason for the iphone4 shortages!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry I didn't realize that some people didn't know that when I said I give it a few years before it breaks they wouldn't think I meant years..... And seriously 4 years isn't a long time for a building lol.

Oh and look at the location of the New York store compared to Shanghai. New york store: surrounded by tall buildings and very rarely get hits by severe storms and even if it does those buildings are surrounding it to block strong winds... Shanghai: Glass building in an open area and exposed to typhoons. That better be some strong glass to withstand a typhoon with nothing around it to block the winds.

And yes I'm the child because I'm the one too lazy to spell out the freaking word "you" and I call people tools for no apparent reason other then to seem like I know something. And last time I checked apple stores belong to apple not you so it is not "our" it's "their" apple store.
    You may possibly be the stupidest person to ever grace this forum. Obviously the glass is thick enough to withstand the local weather. If glass can be made to withstand high-caliber bullets (or low caliber as you'd find in most banks), then I'm guessing debris from a typhoon isn't of much concern. It would take a tank (possibly one built by the Chinese) to crack this glass. You make it sound like it's as thick as the glassware you use at your dinner table. Please, try and use some common sense before speaking/typing.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

Carrbone (07-08-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by junnyboy11 View Post
    wow thats amazing China is usually so good at these things
    The irony is that the architecture comes from Europe for the most part. it's just that China is surprisingly open minded about installing cutting edge architecture:

Birds Nest- Architects from Switzerland:

Apple Store in Shangers - USA firm Bohlin Cywinski Jackson

I have lived in China on and off for a few years, the place is amazing; and one day the world is going to discover Shanghai and realis the amazing city it really is; on par with Paris, London, Vegas, NYC, Sydney...
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iTone For This Useful Post:

Bryan000 (07-09-2010)

Thanks

I give it a couple years before it shatters... Really a glass building? I don't care how hard or thick the glass is, glass breaks. Of course the Chinese seem to always build something or do something ridiculous...

And no a fancy glass building will not be a world wonder lol
    no it will be a world wonder that when and if it does shatter how many people are going to scatter over the remains and jack everything in site.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

U guys fighting over glass strength really need to calm down. "It's like...Come ON". Perhaps a lock-in at the rec center.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, bet I could sell them alot of Windex !

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CMOSlabs For This Useful Post:

Kluak (07-09-2010)

-_-
    in the land of the free and the home of the brave
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmoslabs View Post
    hmm, bet i could sell them alot of windex !
    lol
    -_-

A face that says it all.

Thanks

I wish America looked like that. Looks so clean and efficient. Haha. We need to get more cool building.

Oh and I begged a differ. Vegas isn't that amazing of a city. Atleast the strip isn't. It's nasty and covered in garbage and trashy people and bumbs.

To the people fighting about the glass: everything breaks. Everything falls and gets destroyed eventually no matter what. Wether it's from snow. Or a hurricane. Or it just gets old. It will break. Just because apple built it (or had it built) doesn't make it any different. No need for you guys to fight back and forth. Just take a breath and ignore the other persons comments.

But everybody is posting some funny stuff. Like the ICBM. Haha. Made me laugh. That Europe architect thing is pretty sweet. Why can't america's be more like that? We're falling apart. Lossing our edge. (see everything breaks and fall apart. Even countries. Take ours for example.)