+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4th Gen iPod With 5MP Camera, FaceTime in Sept?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
this is very old news like pre september '09. Hopefully the 4G iPT comes with the iPhone 4 features and not what it should've been last year as well as
    Thanks

this is very old news like pre september '09. Hopefully the 4G iPT comes with the iPhone 4 features and not what it should've been last year as well as the next gen iPad. Tired of Apple screwing us out of money by purposely holding back features.

Thanks

Heads are rolling at Apple HQ right now. The iron wall of anti-leak has been torn down.

Thanks

I know what I'm getting for Christmas...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightz View Post
    or they could just only do 32 g and 64 g when they made the itouch 3G.
    WTF are you talking about? they rebranded the second gen ipod touch and made $200 and called it the low end 3rd gen. the 32gb and 64gb were the only "new" ipods with a faster processor.

Twitter: @tshoults

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

New design too?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    New design too?
    I hope

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think it will have all same features (except phone/sms of course) with the exception of retina display. But that's just a wild guess and as usual i'll probably be proven wrong

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

I want a new iPod! I currently have a 1gen and it's getting so SLOW!
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Thanks

so Apple just gave him these photos?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this would be unfair to most people with the new iPhone, if this new ipod is really to come out, it should be at least next year to soften the blow for the people that just spent like 350-700 dollars on a new iphone. simply cuz they wanted these new features.

Quote Originally Posted by leathelisor View Post
    I think it will have all same features (except phone/sms of course) with the exception of retina display. But that's just a wild guess and as usual i'll probably be proven wrong
    it might end up having a retina display simply cuz iPhone 4's are being made like crazy right now, and as soon as the demand of the phones go down they will have allot of extra displays, and end up tossing them in the "features box" for the new iPod. but hey its possible that even an oled would be put into it, you never know.
    Last edited by badass1469; 07-08-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badass1469 View Post
    I think this would be unfair to most people with the new iPhone, if this new ipod is really to come out, it should be at least next year to soften the blow for the people that just spent like 350-700 dollars on a new iphone. simply cuz they wanted these new features.

it might end up having a retina display simply cuz iPhone 4's are being made like crazy right now, and as soon as the demand of the phones go down they will have allot of extra displays, and end up tossing them in the "features box" for the new iPod. but hey its possible that even an oled would be put into it, you never know.
    dumb comment. The macbook and the low-end macbook pro have the performance - a few things (backlit key board, aluminum ect.) and it was released only a couple months after the macbook pros. People buy phones because they need phones, not just because they want the latest handheld apple device. Just because some of us wait for a few more months for a less expensive device doesn't mean it's unfair to you impulsive buyers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

thaking22 (07-09-2010)

Thanks

an ipod with 5MP camera?

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's my prediction: New iPod Touch will include the same VGA (not 2.0mp) camera as the iPhone4 has on the front. Facetime will be a big thing and remember the standard is open and only works over wifi, so this brings in Skype, Fring, Qik, and anyone else interested in videochatting to the table. It also allows for gamers to see one another, adding another (albeit creepy) element to the game.

NO CAMERA ON THE BACK. That would be foolish. While the iPhone is an all in one device, if you've got an iPod Touch, you also likely have a cellphone, and on that cellphone is a camera you can use when not videochatting.

The Retina Display is definitely in, and no it won't be OLED, it will be tried and true IPS-LCD just like the iPhone 4. Including the Retina Display encourages developers to incorporate higher resolution graphics into more and more apps.

The improved accelerometer and added gyroscope will also make it's way into the new iPod Touch, but definitely no aGPS or location based services (other than via WiFi) because, again, anyone with one of these devices already has access to a cellphone (or doesn't have a phone at all, in which case they should have bought that before this).

Expect a redesigned case, similar to the iPhone 4.

Storage capacity increase is really 50/50. They may or may not increase the storage size. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Lastly, expect the A4 processor. The real question here is whether they'll up the RAM and downclock the CPU like the iPhone 4, or whether they will lessen the RAM and overclock the CPU like the iPad. Most likely they'll go the iPhone 4 route to conserve battery life, given that this device is much smaller than an iPad (and thus will have a smaller battery).
    Last edited by politicalslug; 07-08-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

Thanks

but why would they need/want to redesign the ipod touch case? although it would look cool

1. the ipod touch is already pretty dang thin, any thinner and it would be too thin
    2. it only needs 1 type of antenna (2?) it doesn't need all the fancy 3g antennas that the iphone has/needs

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

New iPod Touch will have everything but the phone and will absolutely DESTROY the Flip and every other point and shoot HD video camera in the market. I mean even the damn Nanos have a camera now, it'd be dumb not to make the iPod touch a phoneless iPhone at this point. I could see them increasing the price due to all the extra stuff though. 399/499 price points for 32/64gb models?

And for those arguing about the iPod devaluing the iPhone... the iPhone still gets to be a phone. And 3G network while on the go.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 07-08-2010 at 09:34 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

I would think that the new iP Touch would have most of the iPhone 4 features. Although the iPod is a bit tricky. It doesn't have the luxury of a carrier subsidized price. So they have to find a way to add all these new features and keep the price reasonable. A little more expensive than the iPhone but not as expensive as the iPad. I'm sure they'll figure it out. I mean the iPhone stayed the same price after all.
    Last edited by Cory Gillmore; 07-08-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 1,463 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilrican21 View Post
    c*** are you serious! i wasted my money on the iphone 4.
    exactly what i said!!>

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    exactly what i said!!>
    no one knows what the ipt4 will have. It's still not a phone. geez people. everyone knows that apple updates the ipod line in september, and they make the ipt similar to the iphones new features. duh....

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123