+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is AT&T Capping Your Upload Speed?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yeah I just got off the phone w AT&T again, guy said they had some 'major' issues with a 'hub' haha and said that it's been going on for 7days
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I just got off the phone w AT&T again, guy said they had some 'major' issues with a 'hub' haha and said that it's been going on for 7days 10hrs and it should work itself out. Wonder if someone else called if they would get the same response?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Learn to use your phone at home on wifi. It's AT&T's network, not yours. As I said before, why do people need this crazy upload speed?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile AT&T Capping Uploade Speed
    I Live in Fresno Ca and my server is 90 minutes away in Modesto Ca I Have No Problems with AT&T Speeds and now on the iPhone 4 my speeds are faster, Sure the fluctuate but just think of how many cell phones are out there using 3G and now the amount of iPhone 4's out there which is much more then AT&T thought, but here in Fresno speeds are consistent, at least for me that is.
    Last edited by XFOOFYX; 07-06-2010 at 04:10 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't know if this matters but: AT&T MicroCell - 171.2kB/s down and 7.0kB/s up with 3GS 3.1.2 blackra1n
    Fayetteville/Cameron in NC

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You guys should work in downtown Chicago. I regularly get no download at all (signal but no bandwidth). And then it switches to Edge then 3G then nothing. There are times at lunch when I can't use my Ipad at all due to so much network congestion. It's insane....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Usually im at around 2mbps down 1.5 mbps up. Today i noticed that my upload speed was 0.01 mbps. Now a wopping 0.05 mbps download spees!! There better be some 7.2 hsupa back haul going on here.

Thanks

Mine is horrible here in Las Vegas. Getting 96kbps up.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

denver

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    WOW such language! You are right they are expensive but that doesn't mean they should be faster by law. If "if's and and's where pot's and pan's we would all be in the hardware biz". I love that saying lol. Anyway what I mean is there is no reason to curse another person over hate and personnal angerbecause we think is should be or because I want it too be just for me. But!!! Since this is a free country you have the best tool you can have and that is your personal choice to stay with AT&T or move one to a provider that will satisfy your every need better that AT&T. Now like I posted prev I don't really care for AT&T but then again I really don't care for any of them. They all seem to have their faults. But I'm not going to curse someone or disrespect them because I didn't get my way.

DK
    You are right, it is a free country. However, unlike EVERY OTHER country the iPhone is offered in, in America we are forced to use craptastic AT&T due to Apple's communist tactics they put in place over here. Apple makes such a good product that they know many people (myself included) will put up with a beyond sub-par network and outrageous pricing just to be able to use the iPhone.

I can tell you one thing, I was MUCH happier on my 3Gs with T-Mobile, even if it only was on Edge because my phone worked everywhere, never dropped calls, and T-mobile has awesome customer service and great prices.

If AT&T doesn't improve their network very soon I will most likely port my number back to T-mobile as soon as the dev team releases an unlock and at least that way I won't be limited to BS data constraints and actually be able to maintain a call.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nassau County / Long Island: 1.11 Mbps download and .09 Mbps upload

a minute later I got .34 Mbps download and .03 Mbps upload

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Almost 6 mb download and 188 upload. Lmao really lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Week ago I was at:

2334 kbps down
    1467 kbps up

Today:

2184 kbps down
    97 kbps up

Definite change.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I only wish I had them upload speeds , I used to get 300kbps up but it's like I'm being throttled at 96kbps up and 1873 down as tested today July 06 2010 ,I thought the new standard for 3G was faster? By the way I'm in Utah slc area

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scgmilan View Post
    You are right, it is a free country. However, unlike EVERY OTHER country the iPhone is offered in, in America we are forced to use craptastic AT&T due to Apple's communist tactics they put in place over here. Apple makes such a good product that they know many people (myself included) will put up with a beyond sub-par network and outrageous pricing just to be able to use the iPhone.

I can tell you one thing, I was MUCH happier on my 3Gs with T-Mobile, even if it only was on Edge because my phone worked everywhere, never dropped calls, and T-mobile has awesome customer service and great prices.

If AT&T doesn't improve their network very soon I will most likely port my number back to T-mobile as soon as the dev team releases an unlock and at least that way I won't be limited to BS data constraints and actually be able to maintain a call.
    Well I can't say I disagree with u about AT&T. However I can say that there are the same issues in Europe with providers. Eg in Germany you have to have tmobile which from my experience is not that good compared to vodafone. So the locked to carrier issue is there as well. (27 yrs in Europe just moved back in Sept last year ). Like you I always unlock. In Europe most do. To buy it unlocked is way expensive... Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

St. Louis
    I will admit, im a lil pissed after seeing all yo guys's speeds!

Last edited by BlakGzus; 07-06-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: n/a

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

AT&T - More [fake] bars in more places!

AT&T may have their precious iPhone customer base right now. But let's see how many of those people actually stick around once the iPhone branches out to the other service providers....especially Verizon. They will lose so many customers and crap themselves so much they'll be wearing pullups for the rest of the fiscal year.

And of course in a lame attempt to recoup some of their losses, chances are they'll jack up their smartphone early termination fee once again. And they'll make sure to time the increase right before the announcement of the iPhone going to Verizon.

How's my aim? Agree.........disagree?
    Last edited by RICO_; 07-06-2010 at 07:03 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

iphone 4 in 80528
    641 kbps down
    57 kbps up

That's bad

For edge
    182 kbps down
    92 kbps up

I hate AT&T
    Last edited by tudtran; 07-06-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 4 in Ann Arbor, MI:

1102 kbps down
    61 kbps up
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Man you people beat up on AT&T all day lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

they get beat up for a reason don't you think?