+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UnlockIt - The APN Changer for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A little off-topic ...... but ...... Has anyone noticed how much you are paying for '''' data '''' ? (Home net, iPhone net, work net, iPod net, etc, etc). Is
    Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A little off-topic ...... but ......

Has anyone noticed how much you are paying for '''' data '''' ?

(Home net, iPhone net, work net, iPod net, etc, etc). Is this a rip-off or what? Are we being way-overcharged for internet access?

Hahaha. It's time to revolt.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gafu View Post
    Ok,apn te ayuda para no tener cargos extras de data,si lo sabes usar.Si no sabes leer o entender lo que el escribe,por favor usa el botón de "search" o "busca"antes de hacer preguntas necias.kthanks o ˇkgracias!
    I already tried searching. I googled it and it just took me to the main site....which was down. Searching on here is not one of my things as anything I find would probably be in computer-lingo and I wouldn't understand it anymore than I did the OP in this thread. Not to mention I'm posting from the mobile-version of this site from my phone and I don't see a "Search" button anywhere.

And explain to me how trying to get clarity on this thread and it's details is a stupid question. Please. The "English" comment was just a JOKE..... Meaning I don't understand all this hi-tech computer talk as well as most of you all do.

I appreciate the effort.....really I do, but apparently the post right below yours just crushed any hopes I had for using this. I'm an AT&T customer.......unfortunately.
    Last edited by RICO_; 07-09-2010 at 06:51 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

Would this allow me to share my iPhone 3G data plan with my iPad?

Don't forget to hit "THANKS" if the information was helpful!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    A little off-topic ...... but ......

Has anyone noticed how much you are paying for '''' data '''' ?

(Home net, iPhone net, work net, iPod net, etc, etc). Is this a rip-off or what? Are we being way-overcharged for internet access?

Hahaha. It's time to revolt.
    I wouldn't mind it much if AT&T was actually better than what it is now. They claim to be the fastest, but it seems that every Verizon smart phone that comes out beats the iPhone in a speed test.....een now with them both having 1ghz processors.

Their text plans are ridiculous to. Jumping from 200 to 1500 is ridiculous. They need to double their $5 one to 400 messages and throw in an intermediate 800-message package for $10. I mean how much does it cost AT&T for each text sent?
    Last edited by RICO_; 07-09-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I just gave my dad my old 3GS. He only paid 11$ for his plan on his old BB. I put his SIM in, unlocked it via ultrasnow, then disabled data (fake APN). Now lets hope my dad doesn't get a fat phone bill.

Experts - did I do the right thing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I wouldn't mind it much if AT&T was actually better than what it is now. They claim to be the fastest, but it seems that every Verizon smart phone that comes out beats the iPhone in a speed test.....een now with them both having 1ghz processors.

Their text plans are ridiculous to. Jumping from 200 to 1500 is ridiculous. They need to double their $5 one to 400 messages and throw in an intermediate 800-message package for $10. I mean how much does it cost AT&T for each text sent?
    A recommendation my friend: Google Voice + GVmax.com + BeejiveIM = instant win free text messaging.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

So with this I can put in an IPad SIM in an IPhone and have the APN changed to the IPad APN and use an IPhone for data only?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtas2008 View Post
    A recommendation my friend: Google Voice + GVmax.com + BeejiveIM = instant win free text messaging.
    What's the catch? There's always a catch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    So with this I can put in an IPad SIM in an IPhone and have the APN changed to the IPad APN and use an IPhone for data only?
    Yes it works great. You might need to weigh how often you use the phone for calling. I am finding that the voip apps have great sound quality but so-so reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    What's the catch? There's always a catch.
    No catch, other than being at the mercy if Google servers ever have an outage (which has happened time to time even with gmail).
    Last edited by dtas2008; 07-09-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtas2008 View Post
    Yes it works great. You might need to weigh how often you use the phone for calling. I am finding that the voip apps have great sound quality but so-so reliability.

No catch, other than being at the mercy if Google servers ever have an outage (which has happened time to time even with gmail).
    Sounds good, I when I had the iPhone I hardly ever used it for voice as I have a work phone for that. This might work perfect for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So,

what I did was take out my dad's BB pearl SIM card and put it in my old 3GS. Prior to APN modification, I JB and unlocked using blackra1n and ultrasn0w. After, the phone was able to use its phone function: call&text etc. I then read this post and changed my dads profile to a disabled data one or an invalid one. MMS didn't work. I then did APN changer to ATT profile and now MMS works. I don't know if my dad is going to get charged a lot. Any help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekid05's Avatar
    Thanks

That's pretty cool, wish this had been out before I signed my life away to AT&T lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud;
    Yep that's it!! This gives data access on the iPhone for simcards the iPhone normally would not allow ( like ipad sims, or other data only sims, or sims that the iPhone won't seem to accept to use data on), this is not a phone unlock, just opens the ability to change the apn (access point name) for the use of data on a sim ( provided this sim works on the iPhone , it does not give the abilty to use any simcard on the phone or jb's the phone. ( please correct me if I am wrong tho, I haven't used the program, but I'm pretty much 100% sure this is the case)
    But If you have access to the 'cellular data network' icon in network settings you can change the apn there too. If your phone is originally from an Australian carrier there are cydia apps that reveal this icon ( in cydia or rock do a search on GPRS, choose your carrier and vwaalla!!), generally an official unlocked phone is meant to have access to the apn through 'cellular data network' but since ios3 came out apple and the carriers in oz put a stop to this access for official unlocked 3gs, but neither company in there customer support knows why or how as their online support still after 1year shows that it should still be available to access after officially unlocking the iPhone 3gs, they just throw the blame on each other.
    I use an ipad sim on an unlimited data monthly prepay ( no lockin contract) for my iPhone (or now is an ipad nano)

Thanks

Without this program and if you have an unlocked phone via ultrasn0w is there a way to change the APN with an AT&T SIM in it?

Thanks

the imei# lets att and tmobile know u are using an iphone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    @miker and @grandmasterbud

So mike your response to gmb is telling me you're not allowed to use a different, same carrier non iPhone, SIM in the iPhone for ATT and TMobile.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Without this program and if you have an unlocked phone via ultrasn0w is there a way to change the APN with an AT&T SIM in it?
    If u have access to the "cellular data network" icon in settings>general> network
    you can change the apn there. u may find something in cydia, not sure for other countries carriers tho, I actually accidently stumbled upon the cydia vodafone GPRS app by accident just wondering through cydia, downloaded it and then realized what it was.
    There is also another website which does the same thing from their actual site, but I can't remember the address, just google "change apn on iPhone" and u should find it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlwithaK View Post
    Yea that's pretty much what I'm doing. I have a line with the 30 dollar data plan and a line with just texting and phonecalls. Just make sure you install fakeapn before you put the sim in.
    So AT&T wouldn't know by my imei number that I'm using an iPhone?

I don't want to change my imei number and I know it's not allowed to talk about imei number changes so I'm gonna stop right now.

Thanks

So its basically a unlock of the iPhone heat

Thanks

Using this, will an iPad sim be able to be used in a iPhone 4? Or does it need to be unlocked?