+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UnlockIt - The APN Changer for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by kmmxracer Thanks for the bad link buddy. Come on man it's not his fault that the servers down, the guy is contributing his time to pass on
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    Thanks for the bad link buddy.
    Come on man it's not his fault that the servers down, the guy is contributing his time to pass on news to us. Just like those who don't appreciate the work that the dev team and others do and seem to always think of themselves first this is an example of how the community would be better served by gratitude and a thank you rather than a sarcastic remark or self serving demand. Just a thought because it seems that as of late there have been alot of unappreciative posters here.

Thanks

That is amazing!!!
    Can't wait to try it out!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So......in simple ENGLISH.......what does this do again? My 3G phone is unlocked with blackrain and jailbroken. what will this allow me to do?

Thanks

With a name like Rico I should actually tell you in Spanish.Please read again,this time without the Spanish accent.

Thanks

APN changer is great but whatever happened to FW Changer??? since the next update is coming FWChanger would prevent alot of people locking up there phones.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvhurlburt View Post
    Come on man it's not his fault that the servers down, the guy is contributing his time to pass on news to us. Just like those who don't appreciate the work that the dev team and others do and seem to always think of themselves first this is an example of how the community would be better served by gratitude and a thank you rather than a sarcastic remark or self serving demand. Just a thought because it seems that as of late there have been alot of unappreciative posters here.
    I 2nd

Thanks

The link is down because so many people are trying to use it at once. This has been around for over a year, maybe 2. I've been using it to allow me to have a custom APN since i started using an iphone and have never had a problem with it. It's so easy a caveman can do it. The link is just down due to an unusually high volume of users logging in... that's it! just be patient and you'll be able to access it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gafu View Post
    With a name like Rico I should actually tell you in Spanish.Please read again,this time without the Spanish accent.
    If you could explain it better in Spanish by all means be my guest. But if the potential consequences of screwing this up would lead to outrageous data charges, then u better believe I wanna know exactly how it works and what it does.

And while ur at it maybe u could help out the half-dozen other people that have posted having problems with this. Kthnx!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvhurlburt View Post
    I edited my post, I realize this is ligit, but the servers are getting crushed. Not to mention Engadget posted this as well so I can only imagine the kind of traffic coming from there.

Thanks for the info, and welcome Owen.
    Last edited by kmmxracer; 07-09-2010 at 01:25 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So does this work with the iPhone 4? If so I can change the APN to "broadband" for AT&T from my iPad 3G sim and then use voip, Skype, and Google Voice with the unlimited data. Correct?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, I have some "real" questions. I just read another article on changing APNs.

1- I thought changing APNs was something that affected your SIM? So you put a SIM in the iPhone, change it to work with a Blackberry, then does it stop workng with your iPhone? Would you have to be unlocked, jailbroken, and in a Wifi hotspot in order to visit this website again and change the APN back for use with the iPhone?

2 - Is the purpose of doing this to trick your SIM into thinking you have a different plan? Meaning, I already pay for the now-old unl'd iPhone data. I could use this to continue paying for that data plan, but trick the SIM into thinking I have an iPad plan? And I won't get charged the extra for the iPad data?

3 - Where does free data fit into this mix? It sounds like it would be possible to not pay for data, but trick the SIM into thinking you have an unlimited data plan... However, ATT would still see that I've been using data in this case, right? So that sounds like a terrible idea? Or am I missing the point?

Hope these are better questions than "I have baseband xxx firmware 696969, can I use this dildo to jailbreak?!" Looking forward to a response! Thanks dudez.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

To reiterate what people are asking an no-one wants to answer -

If I am on AT&T with an iPhone, can I use this website to alter details in my contract without consulting AT&T? For instance - can I change my Unlimited iPhone 3G data plan to the family unlimited 3G data plan for the simple flip phone?

And if yes, then will I have access to the family data plan on all of my wife's iPhone automatically or do I have to use the website to alter her stuff too?

Furthermore, can I get away with just one family data plan or do I have to get a separate family data plan per phone?

I think this is the stuff that people want answered - someone chime in here plz

thanx

tim

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    So can I use my old 3G as a 2nd line without Data? I currently have iPhone 4 on one line and Razr (with no text, no data) on the 2nd line.
    Yea that's pretty much what I'm doing. I have a line with the 30 dollar data plan and a line with just texting and phonecalls. Just make sure you install fakeapn before you put the sim in.

Thanks

would this work with iPad?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Probably being hammered right now

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

My question is:

What does this NOT do?

I'm a TMobile USA user and have everything (data, tethering, MMS, etc) working with SpookyETs T-Mobile carrier ipcc's/deb's.

Don't say it. No --- I'm not going to change what's already working

BUT --- so everyone knows what's what --- please ... what doesn't this do?

Thanks
    Mes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's... ALIIIIIIIVE !!!! Wow, I thought I was going to need to jailbreak to do this apn change but I was able to switch to "broadband" and using my iPad data plan. Cmon Skype 4.0 support! (Nimbuzz and Fring are flaky).

MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtas2008 View Post
    It's... ALIIIIIIIVE !!!! Wow, I thought I was going to need to jailbreak to do this apn change but I was able to switch to "broadband" and using my iPad data plan. Cmon Skype 4.0 support! (Nimbuzz and Fring are flaky).
    Glad to hear it worked out for you!

Sorry all that the site went down the moment I posted the article.. Talk about bad timing! I can confirm the site is now back up and running!

Owen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    If you could explain it better in Spanish by all means be my guest. But if the potential consequences of screwing this up would lead to outrageous data charges, then u better believe I wanna know exactly how it works and what it does.

And while ur at it maybe u could help out the half-dozen other people that have posted having problems with this. Kthnx!
    Ok,apn te ayuda para no tener cargos extras de data,si lo sabes usar.Si no sabes leer o entender lo que el escribe,por favor usa el botón de "search" o "busca"antes de hacer preguntas necias.kthanks o ˇkgracias!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Beware IF YOU ARE A AT&T SUBSCRIBER w/o an iphone plan
    Although this WILL work for you. IF you are an AT&T customer... they WILL know that you are using an iPhone and WILL change your data plan and charge you. When i first got my 3GS I had the unlimited data & Text for $20 a month on a HTC phone. I then used Unlockit and it worked. after a few days if you go on att website you will notice that they show you as using the iphone.(as your phone on the website) I kept changing my phone back to my HTC every few days. after about 40 days my bill changed to $30 a month and they had charged me for all my text messages. when i called they explained to me that i was using an iphone without an iphone plan and they had changed my plan and charged me accordingly. i later tried my aircard sim in an extra iPhone i had about 6 months months later. after 3 or 4 weeks that sim stopped working. AT&T shut it off for being used in an iphone.( and i was not making phone calls or texts, just data) which i didn't really understand since the data only plan is $59 a month. 29 dollars more then an iphone plan. oh well.

SO be Careful! if you are an AT&T subscriber trust me they will know if you are using an iphone. all other providers will have no problem with this as far as i know.