Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Future of Jailbreaking: New Developments!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmateljic View Post
    Good news,
    especialy since last night when i pushed RESET NETWORK SETTINGS because of EDGE not work ... gues what i stuck in infinite reboot loop with apple logo :-(

Before that day i reset network setting more than 3 times without any problem.

My 3GS 32 GB was JB on 3.1.2 nontethered and all worked fine ( had 267 programs installed ).

Now i am stuck on 3.1.3 and my phone have new boot rom soo i can't jailbreak 3.1.3 ( and i don't have SHSH for 3.1.2 only for 3.1.3 )

I am willing to test all new jailbreak program ( want to be betatester for 3.1.3 and 4.0 on new bootrom 6.4 )

_DM_
    why are you stuck on 3.1.3? Use Spirit to jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by livingroom View Post
    are you as dumb as you type? this is the fourth generation iPhone.
    really dude? take a step back and realize this is the first "version" of the iphone 4, as it has a complete redesign from the iphone 2g/3g/3gs.

but keep up the good work, i'll keep being as dumb as i type.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to allicatmeow For This Useful Post:

monkey.penllwyn (07-08-2010)

If you had bought the firs 3G you would have BL 5.8 so always be able to downgrade your BB
    If you had bought an early 3GS you would have BL 359.3 and be able to have an untethered JB and use pwnage to upgrade to 4.0 and JB.
    Apple have a history of fixing exploits.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ so what your saying is the sooner you get an iphone 4 the better chance you have of always jailbreaking using the same exploit as the first time
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    ^^ so what your saying is the sooner you get an iphone 4 the better chance you have of always jailbreaking using the same exploit as the first time
    Well considering Apple has a history of closing hardware exploits it would be a smart idea. 2nd gen iPod Touch didn't have a jailbreak for months. 3GS new bootrom's still don't have a proper jailbreak.

I love my iPhone 4. It's a huge step up from the 3GS IMHO. I think I'll be sticking with it though. If AT&T let's me upgrade next year, I'll buy the new iPhone and sell it & keep my iP4.

I think we're getting closer to smartphone progress slowing down. Do we really need 3Ghz processors and 2gb of ram in a phone?

We've already seen it happen with computers. We have quad-core processors and 16gb of ram. Who needs that? People who actually use it will buy it but most of us are happy with a dual-core & 4gb of ram.

All I'm saying is I think advances in the mobile smartphone world will definitely begin to slow...I'm sure someone here agrees.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree with you. What Will happen is they will focus on size and wireless speed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wrcsti For This Useful Post:

LastSonOfKrypton (07-07-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree certain aspects of smartphone tech will begin to slow, but new features and technology will be introduced. One feature I would love to see is being able to use a stylist on my phone, actually being able to write and draw like u would
    On a piece of paper would be awesome! Oh, and what if someone made a KICKSTAND so I could prop up my phone!!! That would be soooo amazing! (that was sarcasm if u couldn't tell)

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    I thought the same thing that getting the first batch of phone might be a benefit. Like my 3g is the 5.8 so I lucked out that way. Do u think the white iPhones may be different or the same as the current black ones as far as exploits go? I'm holdin out for white but if it's a choice between color and the abilities to be able to unlock/jb that wins.

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    I thought the same thing that getting the first batch of phone might be a benefit. Like my 3g is the 5.8 so I lucked out that way. Do u think the white iPhones may be different or the same as the current black ones as far as exploits go? I'm holdin out for white but if it's a choice between color and the abilities to be able to unlock/jb that wins.
    Doubtful. If there's any hardware changes they're more than likely going to come around September when Apple does it's annual iTunes conference and announces 4th Gen iPod Touches.

I'm actually interested in the new iPod Touch. If it's nearly as sexy as the iPhone 4 I could see it really taking off.

Quote Originally Posted by allicatmeow View Post
    then why did you choose to upgrade if there was no jailbreak available? that's your problem, not the dev team's.
    There are lots if people who have had to take refurb phones with 3.1.3 on them. Now they wait...

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    Doubtful. If there's any hardware changes they're more than likely going to come around September when Apple does it's annual iTunes conference and announces 4th Gen iPod Touches.

I'm actually interested in the new iPod Touch. If it's nearly as sexy as the iPhone 4 I could see it really taking off.
    I agree, if the new iPod Touch look anything like the iPhone 4 I will defiantly be buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by capttanhowdy View Post
    There are lots if people who have had to take refurb phones with 3.1.3 on them. Now they wait...
    I would cry if I had to take refurbished phone

I apologize if this question is redundant...

If you have a new, never jailbroken or unlocked, iPhone 3GS running iOS 4, can it be downgraded to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 so that it can be jailbroken and unlocked? To be clear, i'm not talking about jailbreaking 4.0. I've read the thread, I know that's not possible. I want to know if you can downgrade a new 3GS running iOS 4 to a firmware that can be jailbroken and unlocked.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sorry, i don't think you can - you need the SHSHs, and if its never been jailbroken, your SOL.

Fantastic, lol. It looks like my old iPhone picked the perfect time to break. I guess my new one will be sitting in the box until... whenever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

is it a refurb unit?

Yeah, does that make a difference?

No - unless the previous owner saved the Blobs
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I have a 3gs jailbroken with spirit on 3.1.3 with the shsh blobs saved. I take it its not possible for me to downgrade to 3.1.2 then up to jailbroken 4.0. I probably have the new bootrom aswell my phones only a few weeks old.

Unless you have the 3.12 blobs you can't downgrade but you can't use pwnage if you have the new bootrom anyway.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast