+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flash for iOS Official: Comex's "Frash" Project

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Btw from what I am seeing you have to wait before you tap the Flash picture. If you do it too early you get the C:266 error. I have been
    iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Btw from what I am seeing you have to wait before you tap the Flash picture. If you do it too early you get the C:266 error. I have been waiting about 5-10 seconds before tapping it and it's working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

would u please explain step by step how to port it to my ipad?i got both the frash.deb and the com.adobe flashplayer.apk

Thanks

Send them to your iPad via SSH. After that for some reason dpkg didn't work so I installed iFile off of Cydia and used the installer feature on it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaran View Post
    did you copy libflashplayer.so to /var/mobile/frash?
    Yeah, I moved over libflashplayer.so over --

I ssh'd into my ipad dpkg'd frash and it installed into /var/mobile (it created a folder called Frash) -- from there I added libflashplayer.so to that folder -- could there be a permissions issue somewhere?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouLikeLuxury? View Post
    How do you figure, sports fan?
    Eh, I don't really want to derail the thread into endless flash debate #1827373 and I've been pretty vocal about my distaste of flash. The iPhone and technology in general are making such leaps forward I don't see why need to latch on what's going to be a legacy platform.

Again, I'm not trying to belittle or take away from this, porting this from android to iOS and getting it to the state it is is simply amazing and it's why I love the jailbreaking dev community. But there's so much more they could be working on than simply trying to port flash. I know there's a demand for it I just don't see why.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

realtimedeath (07-07-2010)

Thanks

mehhh used it for 30 minutes, too much Bullsh*t was going on, errors, crashings, blank white screen...ect...

will wait for final release other than that WOW, good job comex

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Eh, I don't really want to derail the thread into endless flash debate #1827373 and I've been pretty vocal about my distaste of flash. The iPhone and technology in general are making such leaps forward I don't see why need to latch on what's going to be a legacy platform.

Again, I'm not trying to belittle or take away from this, porting this from android to iOS and getting it to the state it is is simply amazing and it's why I love the jailbreaking dev community. But there's so much more they could be working on than simply trying to port flash. I know there's a demand for it I just don't see why.
    Doesn't really matter how good or bad flash is. Fact of the matter is there are still lots of things on the net that use it. The demand is there so the public can view those things. You can rant all day long at people to convert their stuff to HTML5, but as long as there is still flash on the internet then the need/want for it to be on iOS devices will be there. I get the "I hate flash it's stupid yada yada yada" thing, but a hatred of flash shouldn't stop you from being able to get the most out of the internet. I hate Beiber but I am not going to get mad that his stuff is on iTunes. I just won't download it myself.

As for there being so much more they could be working on... isn't the story directly on top of this on the front page about Comex and others doing working on new jailbreaks, etc.?

tl;dr - ranting about flash to content providers is good, ranting about it to end users is pointless as there might be flash content they want to see

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mardinn View Post
    Please release it. It looks BugLess xD. Steve Jobs would just say that it consumes more battery.. Well already the iDevices sucks at battery life (Yes even iPad and iPhone 4)..
    Something must be wrong with your iPad, because mine has excellent battery life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is this compatible with iPod touch 2nd gen 4.0? I don't think it is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@barryson

Use 7zip or Ez7z for the mac to extract the libflashplayer.so file from the com.adobe.flashplayer.apk file. It may extract the whole directory structure, so look for a folder named' armabi' if you don't see the file where you extracted it. Once you've got it, put it in the folder you downloaded the frash.deb file earlier. Now open a Terminal window and cd (change directory) to that folder. You can drag folders into a terminal window, btw, and it will insert the path for you. So you can just type "cd " (note the space) and then drag the folder into terminal, and hit enter. Anyway, once you're there you need to copy the files over to your ipad using scp. So:

scp frash.deb [email protected]:.
    scp libflashplayer.so [email protected]:.

That will copy the files over to /var/mobile on your ipad (fill in your own ip, of course). now ssh over:

ssh [email protected]

on the pad:
    # cd /var/mobile
    # dpkg -i frash.deb
    # mv libflashplayer.so frash

that should be all you need. fire up safari and go to a flash site. hopefully it'll all work out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

trhanks man but i still cant figure it out,i extract the armeabi but i still dont kno how to create dpkg -i frash.deb

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    load "*",8,1
    hahah! I needed.. I was cleaning out some crap in my basement and I stumbled across a bunch of old 5 1/4's. "run"..

I am excited at the prospect of what comex is doing....(and all others for whom we reap the benefits of their efforts).. You guys are great.. Flash on the iXXX. That will be great, regardless of the HTML5 movement.

Thanks

So is it in Cydia?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Divinopenombra View Post
    I also get _abort() classes.c:266 -- everything seems to be done right -- anyone have a fix?
    Same here and I have everything where it should be.

Can someone post a known working link?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

he is running it on an iPad though. How would it well would it run on older devices like first gen idevices or even second gen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    Same here and I have everything where it should be.

Can someone post a known working link?
    ditto. i have it all in place but getting this error as well.

hopefully someone will have an idea on what will correct this for those of us having this error

thanks

UPDATE:

i hit the first APK in google search and it did not work but then i went for the second one on megaupload and replaced it and now it is working.

thanks for the info everyone

i found that it also works in my preferred browser Perfect Browser as well. there is a screenshot of it working on my iPad from www.expeditersonline.com where there is also a flash video and the video audio is perfect but it seems the framerate is the problem cause it lags.

ooh i should also mention that the screenshot is from my iPad i just have it loaded up with the OS X finder as my task bar

just for fun here is my iPad desktop screenshot and i have no other pages of apps everything is here and i love it this way.

Last edited by fletch33; 07-06-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to fletch33 For This Useful Post:

tekwiz (07-06-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Haha base it off of android's flash
    Niceeee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
    ditto. i have it all in place but getting this error as well.

hopefully someone will have an idea on what will correct this for those of us having this error

thanks

UPDATE:

i hit the first APK in google search and it did not work but then i went for the second one on megaupload and replaced it and now it is working.
    Thanks for the tip, that fixed it for me as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

amazing! simply amazing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine is now working as well -- got file Adobe Flash Player 10.1_10.1.61.68.apk -- and that worked great -- original file was com.adobe.flashplayer.apk -- I'm loving it! Mine crashes very rarely and I'm super impressed with how quick it is!! Quite amazing.