Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fraud, Hack Attacks Becoming Major Concerns for Apple

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    150.00 Dollars here ... Its sucks that I'm going to say this but I can only trust known developers now, I suggest you all do the same, Which really sucks because I'm about to launch my first app.

I can't recall the name of the App Sorry ... I'll edit this post if I do
    Did you really work for hours/days on this app?
    And, are you trying to tell us not to trust you too as you're a Dev?
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    You can't recall the name of your own app? Did I read that right? I hope you explain how that's possible.
    I think he means he can't recall the name of the app that caused him to lose $150.

Thanks

I might have to start using gift cards now. Smh

It's one of those risks you take by shopping online & have to be prepared for it

Wow redcard... If these supposed hackers were getting access by physically stealing cc numbers, I would think twice before calling them 'hackers'

there's always ways to get info. I remember a past library iTunes used to use in 8.6 had a major buffer exploit.

It's not always the end users fault...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
    Wow redcard... If these supposed hackers were getting access by physically stealing cc numbers, I would think twice before calling them 'hackers'

there's always ways to get info. I remember a past library iTunes used to use in 8.6 had a major buffer exploit.

It's not always the end users fault...
    Is there any evidence these credit card numbers came from Apple servers?

I sure wish people would start to think prior to pointing fingers anywhere. First and foremost, any transaction that occurs over the internet should be suspicious -- nothing is truly secure, unless both ends of the transaction occur on an internal network that is not connected to the outside internet (and even then unauthorized access and hacking can occur).

Fingers need to be pointing everywhere on this one...Apple needs to do better with security, consumers need to be more careful with their data and secure their hardware/software, banks need to do more to protect consumers, governments need to more proactively prosecute offenders, et cetera, et cetera. The whole system is in its infancy still. It will hopefully improve, but unless bad guys just instantly go away, problems like this will still exist regardless of the company at the center of the controversy.

the guy above me knows what's up. i don't like putting up info/credit card over the internet, because no matter how good their security, there's always going to be a hole

first apple says jailbroken apps are dangerous... according to my memories I dont recall having 200.00 or 300.00 of Cydia or Rock apps purchased from my account without my authorization!

Watch out guys, the Apple App store can not be trusted use Cydia/Rock for all your needs the good apps are on there anyways the Apple store is n00b lame and insecure!

xD

Only arrogant people would claim,
    "Since there are more windows users, they are more prone to viruses. Since there are very few Mac users, thats why they do not get viruses."

You people fail to realize thats not the cause of which OS get more viruses. It's the structure of the overall system. UNIX and LINUX based OS's are known to be the most secure.

Just read here

Code:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/10/06/linux_vs_windows_viruses/

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Redcard, good hackers are taught to never leave any evidence. If you can't clean your tracks after you're done, it's best to not do it.

And ezstar, when I first started reading your article, I noticed that the writer was Granneman, and even more so... It was published on securityfocus! He used to write for us at sf. He's a hardcore Linux user. I think he's even written a few books on it.

But let me say. A majority of our servers are Linux based. Although, technically not called viruses, we still have loads of hackers who try to gain access. I guess they're trying to prove security sites aren't perfectly secure. Anywho, Linux based systems are just as commonly hacked into as others, i would say even more, when dealing with non ametuers.

I think most script kiddies these days even know how to exploit rootkits on servers, and those are just as dangerous.

There's some truth to that statement too though. I wouldn't want to go and install another entire operating system when my target is running the same os as me.

Anyways, this was off topic to begin with. This is about apple and how theyre realizing that their systems should probably be protected a bit more. I'm pretty positive they'll hire a white hat or two.

Oh yeah... That article was also written 8 years ago, a LOT has changed since then in terms of hardware exploitation
    Last edited by crewxp; 07-06-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123