+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fraud, Hack Attacks Becoming Major Concerns for Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
it has not happened to me Yet but just in case I have changed my password to a pass phrase and went to a pre paid debit card with Itunes
    Green Apple
    Thanks

it has not happened to me Yet but just in case I have changed my password to a pass phrase and went to a pre paid debit card with Itunes at least if im got they wont get much lol....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykongking View Post
    hurp durp, but i thought apple products never got viruses or spam, hurp durrreep
    Viruses, spam, identity theft, phishing etc are all different

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    LOL. Wut?

It's not Apple's fault some thief steals a bunch of credit card numbers.

You're not even paying attention, this happens all over the internet.
    I can't even believe we have people this stupid at modmyi.

it absolutely is Apple's fault. they built and maintained the system, which includes all security features. it's their job to make sure it's secure or they shouldn't be asking for our credit card information and keeping it on file in their databases. If you don't have the technical skill to secure a database full of private financial data, you shouldn't be in the business of collecting such information. Ever.

Did anyone not blame Microsoft for security holes that viruses used to exploit? How about Adobe when it came to Flash/Acrobat exploits? PayPal when they were having issues? No, they shouldered the blame because it was their system and they built it. They are responsible for its stability and security (end-user stupidity not included).

This should also go without saying: if any of you have the same e-mail address and password for your iTunes account as you do for web forums and random web businesses that you signed up an account for...you should change it. that wasn't smart of you.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

billmilo (07-05-2010), CaptainChaos (07-06-2010), numanair (07-06-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

my brother had that happen to him i havent yet but i use refillable cards so i dont have to worry about that thankfully i did that from start instead of putting my debit/credit cards on itunes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by infamouspally View Post
    my brother had that happen to him i havent yet but i use refillable cards so i dont have to worry about that thankfully i did that from start instead of putting my debit/credit cards on itunes
    that's a wise decision. pre-paid cards = no chance for serious fraud. (I guess someone could use up your pre-paid card amount...but that'd be the extent of the damage)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I have $1.85 left on an apple gift card from Xmas in itunes. Knock yourself out...........
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks
    Real reason why itunes is hacked:
    Apple Store / iTunes App Store Hacked? Here’s How | Obama Pacman

Quote Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
    It's not their fault that their devices and softwares are some of the easiest to hack? I think you've been drinking too much SteveJobs kool aid.

There was a hackers summit a month ago, and Apple softwares were by far the least secure. But hey, it's not Apple's fault people have the knowledge to break their weak-*** programs.
    Drinking ihatoraid much?

Sorry, but you fail to understand the basic fact that the conference is basically sponsored by Apple competitors, and stacked so Apple products are "hacked first."

Pwn2Own Hacking Contest Host, Security Conference CanSecWest Partly Microsoft Sponsored | Obama Pacman

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't understand why apple doesn't make us submit our source code when we upload our binarys to itunes connect. Wouldn't that make the process faster to approve, Safer for users and quicker to find private API's?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by consultant View Post
    Real reason why itunes is hacked:
    Apple Store / iTunes App Store Hacked? Here’s How | Obama Pacman

Drinking ihatoraid much?

Sorry, but you fail to understand the basic fact that the conference is basically sponsored by Apple competitors, and stacked so Apple products are "hacked first."

Pwn2Own Hacking Contest Host, Security Conference CanSecWest Partly Microsoft Sponsored | Obama Pacman
    You FAIL at realizing that I will never trust nor read anything from a website named obama pacman. Keep drinking the kool aid. apple rocks, yeah apple booyahhhh

11. The Following User Says Thank You to billmilo For This Useful Post:

cellphonenodvd04 (07-05-2010)

Thanks

Perhaps it's best to use only gift cards in connection to your apple account for purchases.
    I am the Vincent (Vital Information Necessary Centralized) iPhone.

When I am moody I am the Hal iPhone 9000 lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    I can't even believe we have people this stupid at modmyi.

it absolutely is Apple's fault. they built and maintained the system, which includes all security features. it's their job to make sure it's secure or they shouldn't be asking for our credit card information and keeping it on file in their databases. If you don't have the technical skill to secure a database full of private financial data, you shouldn't be in the business of collecting such information. Ever.

Did anyone not blame Microsoft for security holes that viruses used to exploit? How about Adobe when it came to Flash/Acrobat exploits? PayPal when they were having issues? No, they shouldered the blame because it was their system and they built it. They are responsible for its stability and security (end-user stupidity not included).

This should also go without saying: if any of you have the same e-mail address and password for your iTunes account as you do for web forums and random web businesses that you signed up an account for...you should change it. that wasn't smart of you.
    Do you not understand what happened here? Is it Apple's fault that a stolen credit card was used to purchase goods? There's even someone in this thread saying their card was used, and they don't have an Itunes account. How did that happen?

I steal $50 out your wallet (assuming you have $50), and spend it in KFC, is that KFC's fault as well?

Your use of different font colours and underlining doesn't make your argument have any more credibility.

Hand in your bank cards, your cheque book, your driving license your Boy Scout ID, hand in your passport, hand in your SS card, cancel your bank account, stop using the internet. They all have security issues.

Quote Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
    It's not their fault that their devices and softwares are some of the easiest to hack? I think you've been drinking too much SteveJobs kool aid.

There was a hackers summit a month ago, and Apple softwares were by far the least secure. But hey, it's not Apple's fault people have the knowledge to break their weak-*** programs.
    Any evidence that Apple software is 'easy' to hack? I mean, you have some technical expertise in that area, right?
    Last edited by redcard; 07-05-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

14. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

eZStaR (07-06-2010)

Thanks
    Do you not understand what happened here? Is it Apple's fault that a stolen credit card was used to purchase goods? There's even someone in this thread saying their card was used, and they don't have an Itunes account. How did that happen?

I steal $50 out your wallet (assuming you have $50), and spend it in KFC, is that KFC's fault as well?

Your use of different font colours and underlining doesn't make your argument have any more credibility.

Hand in your bank cards, your cheque book, your driving license your Boy Scout ID, hand in your passport, hand in your SS card, cancel your bank account, stop using the internet. They all have security issues.

Any evidence that Apple software is 'easy' to hack? I mean, you have some technical expertise in that area, right?
    Yup. Some people are clueless and would like to remain that way in their basement / under their bridge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moudy View Post
    Check the top 50 in books category and notice those book in vietnamies language created by "idaretouch" quite a good example lmao

Lucky me I use a free apple acoount and ONLY jailbroken devices with ********* installed ;-P
    Thats spelled Vietnamese

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    This is why you should always check your iTunes purchase history daily.
    this is the problem cause it has happened to me. I have had $50 or so stolen from me in the past 10 months. They buy something but it does not show up in Past Purchases on iTunes. It does however show up on your bank statement.

CHECKCARD 0428 APL*ITUNES 866-712-7753 CA
    24692160118000737******

Apple denies this and my bank is pointing the finger at them. They are on top of it and are returning my money as we speak. But here are a few tips to keep this from happening to you.

1. Use an iTunes gift card.

Thanks

Get to cover! It's a Hack Attack!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It is high time people start writing viruses for OSX. While it would suck for users (including myself) it would make Apple eat their words of being the safest most virus free OS. Yes, that is when nobody gave a crap Apple. Now that you are in the limelite I can almost guarantee you get to deal with the BS Windows users have dealt with all along. Congrats! It means you are actually successful now!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

not having an itunes account doesn't guarantee you safety either. we got a 500 dollar charge a month back from paypal, but we don't have a paypal account.

the internet is nothing but trouble, yo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maerlyn13 View Post
    Thats spelled Vietnamese
    small people care about small silly details.
    I was typing on my iphone at f***ing 3:30 in the morning, what you're expecting

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    It is high time people start writing viruses for OSX. While it would suck for users (including myself) it would make Apple eat their words of being the safest most virus free OS. Yes, that is when nobody gave a crap Apple. Now that you are in the limelite I can almost guarantee you get to deal with the BS Windows users have dealt with all along. Congrats! It means you are actually successful now!
    About Viruses guys, I got a virus on my iphone 3G(S) new bootroom about 4 months ago, I didn't know it's a virus, or at least I didn't wanna believe it is. I search the internet to see WTF have changed my wallpaper in which I couldn't change it back to normal, and I found out that it's a virus that was published only 3 days before I got it :/.
    1st, Your device would only get it if it's jailbroken and connected to 3G connection. As it's jailbroken, it's easier for hackers to publish it through 3G connection to jailbroken devices as it's already opened to 3rd party apps.
    2nd, it only happens if you don't change the root password and the OpenSSH password, as long as you change them you're safe.
    3rd, although it wasn't a big deal that it only changed my wall paper, but that mean later on they can start using your 3G to download from apple store and imagine the bill you will get by the end of the month.
    Last edited by moudy; 07-05-2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

150.00 Dollars here ... Its sucks that I'm going to say this but I can only trust known developers now, I suggest you all do the same, Which really sucks because I'm about to launch my first app.

I can't recall the name of the App Sorry ... I'll edit this post if I do

Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal;
    150.00 Dollars here ... Its sucks that I'm going to say this but I can only trust known developers now, I suggest you all do the same, Which really sucks because I'm about to launch my first app.

I can't recall the name of the App Sorry ... I'll edit this post if I do
    You can't recall the name of your own app? Did I read that right? I hope you explain how that's possible.