Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit2Pwn Patches Spirit Jailbreak: Upgrade to iOS 4 (Old Bootrom)

Default Spirit2Pwn is Fake: Not Written by GoJohnnyBoi
    Spirit2Pwn is Not Written by GoJohnnyBoi

UPDATE: Thanks to GoJohnnyBoi for filling us in. Yes, we we are reporting this as "fake", but what's happened here is a poor choice in words for a description. msft.guy and GoJohnnyBoi "wrote the open source code to flash firmware images into nor, which is possibly what the author of this package meant".

Alright guys, earlier I posted about Spirit2Pwn, which has now been deemed "fake" or rather, unofficial. If you come across this app, please note that even though it says GoJohnnyBoi created it, he DID NOT. Spirit2Pwn is a script that will flash your nor files in order to be able to upgrade from 3.1.x to iOS 4.0. Please note that this should NOT be used on new bootroms as it will crash the phone.

While the tool itself is not exactly "fake" per say, but it is however wrongly credited and borrows Apple code, and therefore we have removed any links to it. There have been users confirming it works, however we want to protect GoJohnnyBoi from any accusations.

Read on through the comments, some of which Johnny has posted to inform us exactly what is going on. We have yet to hear comment from the developer of this script.

If your need to have spirit compatiblity, try SnowBreeze 1.6.2, which was recently updated for Spirit compatibility.

You've been warned.

I'll leave you guys to discuss this amongst yourselves. Thanks to GoJohnnyBoi for clearing this up.
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 07-05-2010 at 02:35 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

cafini8ted (07-04-2010), reaves205 (07-03-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i could of used this yesterday. but still great job!!

yezzir

I did this using the manual method with mobileterminal. but I haven't upgraded yet...kinda waiting on 4.0.1 cuz my 3.1.3 is just like I like it and fully functional. I wonder if anything would happen if I ran this again just to be sure.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

i want a new bootrom jailbreak :P
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

What constitutes as a new bootrom.

Is it just the iPhones which shipped with iOS4 Pre-Installed or does this include the MC model's as well.

If this does include MC model's as well then please ignore the below question.

When trying to restore to a custom version of 4.0 I get error 1600 within iTunes, any idea why...

Thanks,

Vel

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wha to gojohnny boi

Couldn't you upgrade to the normal 4.0, then restore to a custom firmware?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gojohnnyboi For This Useful Post:

akash_nu (07-04-2010), Dogg777 (07-04-2010), mosesh (07-03-2010), neodude237 (07-03-2010), Nick Hesson (07-03-2010), wolverinemarky (07-03-2010)

@whereswaldo I wish, that's where my sister's old bootrom 3G S

It's fake. Gojohnnyboi confirmed on twitter. Failbr3ak

Mods please close/delete this before you add more fuel to the overbooking MC jailbreak fire. Thx
    Last edited by studangerous; 07-03-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to studangerous For This Useful Post:

A_DuB187 (07-04-2010)

I retract my statement saying it's impossible. It is, but only if it were to contain patched firmware images, or at least stock ones to patch(since I'm sure the coder wasn't skilled enough to write partial ipsw downloading code), which it appears it does! Notonly is it fake, it's illegal for containing copyrighted code, and written off under my name.

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh well guess you can close this thread

This has now become a warning thread, to spread news of this fake script.

Poor GoJohnnyBoi.

I'm so confused...

I saw a tweet about this yesterday and quickly jumped on the opportunity to finally being able to install custom firmware on my Spirit jb'd 3.1.3 old bootrom iPhone.

What do you guys mean when you say it's fake? I found it, I installed it and successfully installed custom iOS4 .. it worked... I don't get it... >.<

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kernel_Dan For This Useful Post:

aamodr (07-03-2010)

I think the script works, but it just wasn't written by gojohnnyboi. And since it contains copyrighted data, he wants nothing to do with it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel_Dan View Post
    I'm so confused...

I saw a tweet about this yesterday and quickly jumped on the opportunity to finally being able to install custom firmware on my Spirit jb'd 3.1.3 old bootrom iPhone.

What do you guys mean when you say it's fake? I found it, I installed it and successfully installed custom iOS4 .. it worked... I don't get it... >.<
    it work because the custom io4 only work with old bootrom iPhone. Not the new bootrom. its fake because this fake spirit said its for the new bootrom

I actually found out about Spirit2Pwn on another website and it didn't say anything about new bootrom. Clearly stated that it will only work with old bootrom that were jailbroken with Spirit.

And here on ModMyi:
    While the tool itself is not exactly "fake" per say, but it is wrongly credited, and therefore we have removed any links to it. There have been users confirming it worked, however we want to protect GoJohnnyBoi from any acusations.
    It's just wrongly credited. GoJohnnyBoi doesn't want to be credited for illegal software.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to itaintrite For This Useful Post:

hitman10 (07-04-2010)

Anything that says it is written by someone else is either a trojan/virus or a Scam or illegal.
    Why does MMi even allow references to this rubbish?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

jerrykid323 (07-03-2010)

Is it even possible to install a Trojan on the iPhone that can remain even after full restore? Script works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    anything that says it is written by someone else is either a trojan/virus or a scam or illegal.
    Why does mmi even allow references to this rubbish?

+1

always consider the source

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast