Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit2Pwn Patches Spirit Jailbreak: Upgrade to iOS 4 (Old Bootrom)

It's the same thing. Old news. However, someone made it into a .deb and put it on cydia. Fwiw, I thought msftguy was ok. The way some people are complaining, you'd think he was a complete unknown.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so, what's all the hassle about?
    i still don't get it..

Just a stupid assumption. "it has Spirit in the name so it must be masquerading around as a Spirit JB even though it isn't from the author of Spirit. OMG, FAKE!" it has Spirit in the name because the name is properly descriptive. Nick completely fails to even say what it does in this article. What good is confirmation that it works if you can't even tell what it does or who it's for?!

Nick: please edit the article to say that it is a tool for Spirit users to update to JB 4.0 on old bootrom 3GS phones. While you're at it, could you fix the ultrasn0w 0.93 unlock tutorial which wrongly suggests that it doesn't work on Spirit JB new bootrom 3GS phones? It does and I've done it. Unfortunately, I erased all content and settings which cause the phone to lock up on boot, but it worked fine with my sister's T-Mobile SIM before that.
    Last edited by CZroe; 07-05-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

dazzer1983 (07-31-2010), High_Voltage (07-05-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

bottom line is it works, sucks he went about releasing it the wrong way, but i tried this out on my spare 3gs old bootrom with 3.1.3 sprint jb, simply made a custom firmware, and installed with no problems at all.
    3gs 16gb 4.0 pwnagetooled. macbook pro 2.33ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. imac 20" 2ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. and a mini 10 dell for those times when i have to use a pc.

Hold the phone now, I tried this on my itouch 2G, iwoowiz repo but it was a different author with the name "Spirit2Pwn" as in this article, literally just shut my itouch off after showing it being installed. Plug into iTunes but the End of the year licence agreement popped up. Weird.

What Exactly does it do?
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Anybody can help how to get out of DFU loop? Now, I'm stuck on Spirit2pwn.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is Comex ever going to bother and update Spirit himself for the people unable to upgrade to Itunes 9.2 or are we all stuck restoring now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyricky View Post
    What Exactly does it do?
    It takes a Spirit-pwned old-bootrom device and patches it to load iOS4 JB. Previously, you had to be pwned with Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze on an old bootrom device to upgrade to pwned iOS4.

Quote Originally Posted by loocfa View Post
    bottom line is it works, sucks he went about releasing it the wrong way, but i tried this out on my spare 3gs old bootrom with 3.1.3 sprint jb, simply made a custom firmware, and installed with no problems at all.
    I have a 3GS 3.1.3 JB with Spirit. Can you write a short procedure on how you upgraded to 4.0 and JB it. I'm running windows though but I beleive it should be the same process.

I'm so confused with so many procedures out there.

Why not just wait until the real tools are released?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pl do'not try to upgrate iOS4 through this application Spirit2Pwn. This is fukking application. It crush my iPhone 3G 3.1.3 before jailbreak by Spirit. My phone totally dead no power coming on by pressing any button or connection on iToune. I spend money to bring it back.
    Last edited by skhwaja; 07-29-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Sounds like you had a new bootrom and didn't bother to check first.

Dont worry guys because no one gives a fuk about the old bootroms.

i installed it on my 3gs new boot not thinking it could brick my phone
    is it possible that that was the cause of my phone becomeing bricked , i installed this then the next day or something tryed to use sn0wbreeze 2.0 so i tryed to downgrade to 3.1.2 from 4.0.1(where i installed spriti2pwn)and i didnt have shsh so i didnt think it would work but i tryed and failed , now i keep getting error 28 no matter what i do, please help im takieng it to an apple repair store tomorrow to see what its going to cost to fix(or replace), i have no warranty

You tried spirit3pwn and sn0wbreeze? I wouldn't let either near my phone. But then I want a phone that works.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234