Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit2Pwn Patches Spirit Jailbreak: Upgrade to iOS 4 (Old Bootrom)

when will the new spirit for 4.0 be out

It seems that there are many of you who jump onto everything you see regarding a jailbreak without looking around for more information or the originating source.Although it DID have GojohnnyBoi's name,instead of getting finger happy,you should have looked him up on tweeter or something,to see if it was legit or not.Thankfully this wasn't a virus/Trojan or we would've had a "fix my iPhone because I'm a jackass"thread.Many of you are here as groupies like previous posters in the forum have stated,and are simply here to grab your jb,ask questions when something is wrong with your phone and criticize when the jb isn't here when you want it to be.Some of you OWE these Devs the COURTESY of not downloading or installing programs like this Spirit2pwn because it's a slap to the face to them....After all,it IS served to you here,free(releases)with thorough explanation and guides(which you still fail to comprehend)If I make sense to you,thank me,otherwise use the Search button,it's MY friend,could be yours too!

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gafu For This Useful Post:

Cocheese (07-04-2010), holygamer22 (07-04-2010), Maxswaby (07-14-2010), o3okevin (07-04-2010), qucina (07-04-2010), Rokesomesmeefer (07-03-2010), triniflavaforya (07-04-2010)

all i know is this worked flawlessly on my 3gs! it looks like someone is just working on covering there *** for releasing software that will get you in trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by gafu View Post
    It seems that there are many of you who jump onto everything you see regarding a jailbreak without looking around for more information or the originating source.Although it DID have GojohnnyBoi's name,instead of getting finger happy,you should have looked him up on tweeter or something,to see if it was legit or not.Thankfully this wasn't a virus/Trojan or we would've had a "fix my iPhone because I'm a jackass"thread.Many of you are here as groupies like previous posters in the forum have stated,and are simply here to grab your jb,ask questions when something is wrong with your phone and criticize when the jb isn't here when you want it to be.Some of you OWE these Devs the COURTESY of not downloading or installing programs like this Spirit2pwn because it's a slap to the face to them....After all,it IS served to you here,free(releases)with thorough explanation and guides(which you still fail to comprehend)If I make sense to you,thank me,otherwise use the Search button,it's MY friend,could be yours too!
    I don't understand why everyone is in such a huge rush to upgrade to 4.0 in the first place. I'd just as soon wait for the next spirit or ______rain, because by the time they are released, many bugs with 4.0 will have been discovered/fixed. And many of the new features added already existed with jailbreaking anyway, like multitasking (kirikae, circuitous...), folders (categories...), etc...

so does it work and should I use it? Or does it work and not worth the hassle of using copyrighted codes?

use this without checking for your BOOTROM version and happen to have the new one then you will be introduced to iBrick... you will have to then pray that you had your SHSH on file and go through the grueling process of downgrading your fireware, getting out of the iTunes 1015 recovery loop, making sure you have the proper director to where the SHSH's are stored on that host file you have to modify then after hours of getting that done you will be back to square one so I REPEAT DO NOT USE THIS IS YOU HAVE A NEW BOOTROM

Quote Originally Posted by gafu View Post
    I don't agree. We don't owe the devs anything except gratitude (and they don't owe us anything in return). If an app is released, hey, why not test it? Especially people who know how to do a restore back to 3.1.3 if anything goes wrong.

I agree that whoever created Spirit2Pwn is in the wrong for releasing it under somebody else's name. But his program works, and for that we're thankful (to him, not any other coder). You can act all high and mighty about it, but in the end, if you would've done the same if you'd needed this prog for your iPhone.

PS: It was made very clear (at least everywhere that I checked) that Spirit2Pwn only works on old bootrom 3GS. If you screw up, you only have yourself to blame.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to itaintrite For This Useful Post:

dazzer1983 (07-31-2010)

Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak iOS 4 on new bootroom 3G(S)
    Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak iOS 4 3G & 3G(S) New Bootroom
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

lol so does S2P actually work then?
    im sticking with RedSn0w

Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    I don't agree. We don't owe the devs anything except gratitude (and they don't owe us anything in return). If an app is released, hey, why not test it? Especially people who know how to do a restore back to 3.1.3 if anything goes wrong.

I agree that whoever created Spirit2Pwn is in the wrong for releasing it under somebody else's name. But his program works, and for that we're thankful (to him, not any other coder). You can act all high and mighty about it, but in the end, if you would've done the same if you'd needed this prog for your iPhone.

PS: It was made very clear (at least everywhere that I checked) that Spirit2Pwn only works on old bootrom 3GS. If you screw up, you only have yourself to blame.
    you wouldve done the same?? really?? if i wrote a jb script id stick my own name on it and get trusted devs to test it, not release it like he has. because when everyone finds out it isnt built by johnnyboi then they wont trust/use it..
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 07-04-2010 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    We don't owe the devs anything except gratitude (and they don't owe us anything in return).

Common sense tells you about gratitude and an actual intelligence tells you to "hold off"when a program that "works"is being released with a dev name that wants absolutely no credit for it.If that were the case,you should've bought the Chinese iPhone knockoff and been happy.Alot of us(I included myself)are anxious for a new jb and such but some of us won't jump as quick as this,especially when it's someone claiming to be who they're not...that's what you owe them,not just your gratitude.

What's Jailbreak? triniflavaforya's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm. Even when "trusted" devs release new apps/tools here I wait awhile and READ! Because you just never know what motives people have nowadays. And an iPhone is a bit expensive to be taking unnecessary risks with. I'm sure the dev that created S2PWN is brilliant and could've enlisted the help of gojohnnyboi to assist and make his tool "legal" That being said. We are all adults and are capable of making our own decisions....whatever the outcomes may bring.

Thanks

That ended up being a big pile of mess.

I wouldn't use this software.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Worked great for me. I followed the directions to a tee, and I had no problems.

I am sick of this old bootrom really really sick hearing old old oldold. it has now been over a year

People use this.
    They don't care if it's legal.
    I really don't like that.
    I'm sure no one who reads this cares what I think.
    We'll see.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    People use this.
    They don't care if it's legal.
    I really don't like that.
    I'm sure no one who reads this cares what I think.
    We'll see.
    Same people that ask desperately for help when their phone becomes a paper weight!

I know, I have to put up with the fallout
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

To the author of this article: You say it's fake; you say it's not really fake; you go into authorship explanations; you say it's confirmed to work. What you did not say is WHAT THE HECK IT SUPPOSEDLY EVEN DOES. What good is a "confirmation" without even that basic bit of info? FAIL. Wurst artickul... EVAR!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think people are getting confused over release of spirt then say it fake.

All the back anf forward

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i don't really understand what's wrong..
    i found the S2P thingy from msftguy.blogspot.com
    is it the same thing as what's being mentioned in this thread? or is it different?
    please someone do explain to me..
    i've read all 4 pages but still don't understand..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast