+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Making It As Easy As Possible To Return Your iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
There has been no shortage of questions directed our way at MMi in the last day or so regarding Apple's updated return policy. The reason for the questions is because
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Making It As Easy As Possible To Return Your iPhone 4

There has been no shortage of questions directed our way at MMi in the last day or so regarding Apple's updated return policy. The reason for the questions is because multiple sites and threads across the blogosphere have reported different or outright inaccurate information about Apple's revised return policy as it pertains to the iPhone 4.

Although Apple clearly states so on its website, some still think its a "rumor" that Apple is waiving restocking fees and extending iPhone 4 returns to 30 days. In fact, this is true. Apple's iPhone 4 memo effectively changed the terms of Apple's iPhone return policy. As it stands, you have one full month to bring back your device for a full refund. If you preordered or purchased online, you have 30 days from the ship date. The usual 10% restocking fee no longer applies.

Yesterday, Apple finally broke down and admitted (kinda) that the Death Grip is real. In effect, the company acknowledged that there's a "bug" in how the software displays signal-strength bars. A software fix should be available in "a few weeks." But until then - and up until now - the iPhone 4 release has been a public relations nightmare for Apple. Between a botched preorder process and supply shortages on launch, to the discovery of the "Death Grip" and Apple's initial refusal to address the problem, changing the return policy was a masterstroke of genius to help convince potential iPhone 4 buyers to actually bite the bullett and purchase the iPhone 4, since there is essentially no obligation from this point forward.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

apoc (07-04-2010), Freerunnering (07-03-2010), lili4311 (07-04-2010), PlatoTheForms (07-03-2010), Project42 (07-13-2010), XCaLiBuR1085 (07-04-2010)

Thanks

yey
    EDM

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Lol awesome iPhone 4 aka apple fail
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Humor Fail^
    EDM

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeal For This Useful Post:

inzandity (07-04-2010), njp316 (07-08-2010), PlatoTheForms (07-03-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe now all the "but it's too hard to return, so I'm just going to complain non-stop instead" people will finally just return their phones and shut the hell up.

Though, it's unlikely.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClerkDante For This Useful Post:

MaxRabbit (07-04-2010), teddyf1 (07-03-2010)

Thanks

but if they return their phones they will be forced to have something so un-cool in their hand they will be a social outcast! then they will complain because nobody likes them...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cory For This Useful Post:

teddyf1 (07-03-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    but if they return their phones they will be forced to have something so un-cool in their hand they will be a social outcast! then they will complain because nobody likes them...
    Yes, but they'll be on some other forum so who cares?

Green Apple
    Thanks

what's the point now ? People were crazy when it was gonna be out ... Returning my iphone is just like going homeless .. lol

Thanks

My question is if there is a hardware problem and Apple corrects it in the next revision of the i4. Will I be able to trade my i4 in for the new one? The one year warranty will be honored right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone krUnIzZlE3's Avatar
    Thanks

How are they going to fix a hardware issue with a software update??? Someone elaborate on this please. thnx.

i r0k
    AT&T iPhone 4 Officially Unlocked

*Color: Black
    *Capacity: 32GB
    *Software Version: 5.0.1
    *Jailbroken -------------------------- ./
    *Bootloader: 1.59.00
    *Unlocked --------------------------- ./
    **Press Tha "Thanks" Button if I've Helped You!**

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Now all the flaming idiots who have been complaining can go shove it. If you have a problem you have no reason not to return the phone. Now they are all going to be complaining about how "their time was wasted".

Quote Originally Posted by knguyen View Post
    My question is if there is a hardware problem and Apple corrects it in the next revision of the i4. Will I be able to trade my i4 in for the new one? The one year warranty will be honored right?
    I can almost guarantee that if it is deemed a hardware issue and they physically make changes to the phone you will be able to swap it out.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 07-03-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

teddyf1 (07-03-2010)

Thanks

how about Replacements?

i dont want to return mine, but i would like to try a replacement

Thanks

Whatever--let's have a jailbreak!!!
    Modding Addict

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JurisHP For This Useful Post:

Go Gators (07-04-2010), Luigi453 (07-05-2010), reanimationxp (07-04-2010), teddyf1 (07-03-2010), Tedomcmillan (07-03-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    how about Replacements?

i dont want to return mine, but i would like to try a replacement
    Just put a bumper on it and call it done. I've had issues with the death grip as well. I went out and bought a cheep $15 gel case and BAM! death grip problem no more (for me at least)

all I have to do now is get an actual bumper. the gel case glows and ruins my photos when the flash goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by JurisHP View Post
    Whatever--let's have a jailbreak!!!
    don't hijack the thread like this. I have seen so many people complain and complain about not having a jailbreak out for OS ___. The guys who come out with the jailbreak are doing US a favor by releasing it. If you want one right now.... learn the programing and write one for yourself.
    Last edited by cory; 07-03-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cory For This Useful Post:

gmacdo1 (07-03-2010), mysteryskater125 (07-03-2010), staterunner180 (07-04-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is the best news you guys had all day?

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Agree with Cory, I bought my iPhone 4 yesterday! The ant issue is mute once you buy a bumper. I held the phone with the death grip during a call anyway, made a call and the call did not drop. Why would you hold the phone any phone with a "Death grip". Thats just plain dumb!
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    Maybe now all the "but it's too hard to return, so I'm just going to complain non-stop instead" people will finally just return their phones and shut the hell up.

Though, it's unlikely.
    so maybe we wont have any more complaining about the "non-stop" complainers?

very unlikely, you're right.

“Hypocrites kick with their hind feet while licking with their tongues” ~Russian Proverb

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

The term "Death Grip" was coined for the way SOME people hold the phone when they are on a call. I personally don't hold the phone that way, in fact I haven't had this problem at all. I tried to make it happen a few times and could not duplicate it, however I was able to duplicate it on my wife's 3Gs with iOS4 freshly installed with success. I watched the bars on her phone drop until it read "Searching...." then to "No Service".

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think they're waiving the restocking fee because of the suit that was filed based on the faulty antenna & the restocking fee that is applied if you return the faulty product. Honestly I love this iPhone & I just want this transmission/reception issue fixed. I have a bumper in the mail so I hope it works. If not can I return the iPhone and get a new one? If they don't let you swap out can I just return it & then buy a new one?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mad Ferret they won't be on different forums, you haven't notice other phone users come to iPhone blog to bash.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast