+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Making It As Easy As Possible To Return Your iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Should i stay or should i go......
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT1987 View Post
    That's all I really wanna know.

Thanks

I'm keeping mine...then again I have had ZERO problems with mine regardless of how I hold it my reception is great. So I think I got lucky.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So peole can return their phone, take their microsim to AT&T and get charged another $25 to get a regular sim? This is just pure bs and way to make more money for AT&T.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    my iphone 4 doesn't have any static, it doesn't drop more calls than usual and I always have enough bars.(by the way this is one problem "poor reception".) i have five friends who don't have any problems with their new phones either. do you even have an iphone 4? if you're unlucky enough to have any of these problems then take it back for a new one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tedomcmillan View Post
    my iphone 4 doesn't have any static, it doesn't drop more calls than usual and I always have enough bars.(by the way this is one problem "poor reception".) i have five friends who don't have any problems with their new phones either. do you even have an iphone 4? if you're unlucky enough to have any of these problems then take it back for a new one.
    Exactly what I'm thinkng. For every person out there having issues there are 1000 people or more that have none. I would try returning it for a new one first. I still to this day can't "death grip" my iPhone 4 and I don't have small hands either. Lol
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

You can't take it back for a new one for reception issues.

Thanks

Off course you can return the Iphone 4 now but this is lil off topic but people who really still like there iphone and having problems like proximity sensor and stuff should report it to apple

Apple - iPhone - Feedback < here so our voices can be heard and they can come up with the fix for all this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    Unless Apple addresses all the issues quickly, they'll have a massive evo 4g exodus on their hands.
    by massive evo 4g exodus are you meaning yourself? or maybe you have a big family
    Last edited by leathelisor; 07-03-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: forgot quote

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    So peole can return their phone, take their microsim to AT&T and get charged another $25 to get a regular sim? This is just pure bs and way to make more money for AT&T.
    I didnt get charged for a new sim to put in my 3GS

Thanks

Please help me understand.

The update will fix a display issue with the iPhone 4 because when it is 4 or 5 bars, it should really read 2 or 3 bars.

Ok.

What happens when I have 0 or 1 bar and I can never even connect a call and when I do, I drop calla left and right. Is that because it should read -1 or -2 bars? Should Apple make a negative bar line to show how Sh"&)y the reception is?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Well IF you bought it at Apple. Those of us unfortunate enough to have purchased from Best Buy, Radio Shack, or Walmart won't have this luxury. Restocking fees still apply and Best Buy (where I got my iPhone 4) is a 15% restocking fee. For the record I am never buying a thing from Best Buy again. I continue to have horrible experience after horrible experience with them, no more. I won't get into it, I'll just say they suck like Kmart ...
    Complain to Best Buy enough and they will waive it for you. Tell them what Apple is doing... they can look it up themselves online. Some Best Buys (like the one my girlfriend works at) don't have the restocking fee. Sucks that yours does. I guarantee you if you make a big enough stink AND point out what Apple is doing, they will take care of you, especially since I doubt Apple will charge THEM for any returned phones in this specific circumstance.

That said, even if you DO pay the restocking fee, you are better off doing that than having a non-working phone, right? As you said, your beef is with best Buy here though, not with Apple. Again, I am willing to bet Best Buy will make it right. You may have to take it all the way to corporate though :/
    Last edited by sziklassy; 07-03-2010 at 08:32 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    well im waiting for the white one and i will get a bumper till otterbox comes out with some sweet cases iPhone4ever lol
    just be careful about the case you get. I got a $15 gel case for mine and for the most part it works. only bad thing is when I'm taking a picture and the flash goes off, the case glows brighter then a drug mule to a german Shepard and ruins the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post

Idiots are the one who keeps the phone with design flaw. Smart ones like me returned it and put my phone back to my 3GS, as well as making sure my upgrade qualification is reinstated.
    I am going to continue complaining about the phone, keep people from buying it because of this design flaw until Apple fixes the design.
    Thats ok with me, just complain to them, not on here.
    Last edited by cory; 07-03-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    can i exchange mine for a white one when they come out?

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

all these people have yet to try one simple thing, TURN OFF 3G. it fixes the problem quite well, death grip no more for phone calls and if u want faster speeds turn it back on, its as simple as that. oh and a plus of all this is ur battery will last like 5 times longer if on edge and not 3g.
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    just be careful about the case you get. I got a $15 gel case for mine and for the most part it works. only bad thing is when I'm taking a picture and the flash goes off, the case glows brighter then a drug mule to a german Shepard and ruins the picture.
    My brother had the same problem with his new android phone. I took a black sharpie to the edges around the flash and camera lens cutout and the problem was solved.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Thats ok with me, just complain to them, not on here.
    I will continue to complain here, to keep people from buying defective product. By getting people to return their phones, that hits Apple's pocket book even more than not buying the product because it is now used/refurbished. Maybe Apple will fix it then I can get a working product and not something rushed out due to a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by badass1469 View Post
    all these people have yet to try one simple thing, TURN OFF 3G. it fixes the problem quite well, death grip no more for phone calls and if u want faster speeds turn it back on, its as simple as that. oh and a plus of all this is ur battery will last like 5 times longer if on edge and not 3g.
    Lets see... Apple's iPhone commercial shows people talking on the phone, go on the net to find info at the same time. I can do that with 3GS, and I have to some how use Edge instead of 3G when I want to talk to someone? Does this sound like an advancement on the phone to you?
    Last edited by unison999; 07-03-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had issues with my proximity sensor.. it used to put me on speaker and called some people from my contact list etc.. went to Apple store last Sunday and asked for replacement...
    I asked whether they can get a 32GB instead of my 16GB.. the guys said that he can do that and got me on priority list... I got my 32Gb today and paid the difference... less than a week.. so far no issues with proximity sensor
    Hopefully it works out for you guys...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leathelisor View Post
    by massive evo 4g exodus are you meaning yourself? or maybe you have a big family
    not me per say but I bet many people that are sick and tired of these problems and apple's arrogant stance might not think of it as a bad idea to go with the evo 4g. As for me unless something dramatic happens, I will continue to use my good'ol jailbroken 3.12 2g/t-mobile iphone which I've been very happy with for the past three years. I'll have to be very patient.......after all patience is a virtue.
    Last edited by swifty7; 07-04-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks

Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak iOS 4 on new bootroom 3G(S)
    Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak iOS 4 3G & 3G(S) New Bootroom

If I helped you please click the thanks button
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire