+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Making It As Easy As Possible To Return Your iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
My iPhone 4 is just dandy. But I think iOS4 is a bit buggy. I just spend my days crouched in the corner shaking like a crackhead, staring into my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPhone 4 is just dandy. But I think iOS4 is a bit buggy.

I just spend my days crouched in the corner shaking like a crackhead, staring into my iPhone waiting for a jailbreak

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pm_kennedy For This Useful Post:

teddyf1 (07-03-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Now all the flaming idiots who have been complaining can go shove it. If you have a problem you have no reason not to return the phone. Now they are all going to be complaining about how "their time was wasted".

I can almost guarantee that if it is deemed a hardware issue and they physically make changes to the phone you will be able to swap it out.
    Well IF you bought it at Apple. Those of us unfortunate enough to have purchased from Best Buy, Radio Shack, or Walmart won't have this luxury. Restocking fees still apply and Best Buy (where I got my iPhone 4) is a 15% restocking fee. For the record I am never buying a thing from Best Buy again. I continue to have horrible experience after horrible experience with them, no more. I won't get into it, I'll just say they suck like Kmart ...
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

4. The Following User Says Thank You to southfrisco For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (07-13-2010)

Thanks

Return it so I can buy it. Maybe it'll be cheaper since it's a refurb!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    but if they return their phones they will be forced to have something so un-cool in their hand they will be a social outcast! then they will complain because nobody likes them...

haha thats what i have been doing since the day the Iphone4 came out i sold my 3gs for some money and now im stuck with a brick in my hand i dident remember how apple changed our lives so much with the damn Iphone it was revolutionary O.O and now im efffed well i guess im waiting until they fix this bug. and now reading this ii think that its true haha. well im an outcast damn apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pm_kennedy View Post
    Yeah iOS4 is definitely buggy. Won't push my mail on wifi on my 3GS or my iPhone 4. Its occasionally laggy and doesn't give confirmation of a touch command (like deleting mail) yet executes the command like it should.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pm_kennedy View Post

I just spend my days crouched in the corner shaking like a crackhead, staring into my iPhone waiting for a jailbreak
    Glad I'm not alone.

Thanks

^ +3 ....the wait is crippling...
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 07-03-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks

*Meh* it will all get ironed out
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

So, this is good?

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

well im waiting for the white one and i will get a bumper till otterbox comes out with some sweet cases iPhone4ever lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I never had AT&T service before so I'm gunna go to AT&T to buy the phone. But now I thought that with AT&T I have 30 days to try the service and cancel/return the phone by the due date if I don't care for the service right? Does AT&T charge a restocking fee?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Only thing that is bugging me is the dang bluetooth. I had a 2 year old jawbone and when I paired it with the iPhone 4 people said that I sounded muffled. I figured the jawbone was old and was probably on it's last leg so I went and bought a new jawbone icon... people still say my voice sounds muffled and it's hard to hear me. Did some searching online and it seems to be a common issue regardless of which manufacturer bluetooth device you use. The reason it's a big deal for me is Washington state passed a new law last month that holding your phone up to your ear and talking while driving is a primary offense, meaning if they see you doing it, they can pull you over for it and I think the ticket is $124. Hoping it's a software issue that can be updated. I have removed the profile from the iPhone 4, rebooted the phone (not just turned it off but rebooted it), reset the jawbone and re-paired it to the iPhone 4... still no dice.

Thanks

Confused between iPhone 4 and 3GS ?

Want to return iPhone 4 to apple ...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    Maybe now all the "but it's too hard to return, so I'm just going to complain non-stop instead" people will finally just return their phones and shut the hell up.

Though, it's unlikely.

It is RETURNED!!!
    May buy it again once they fix this issue, until they fix it I will continue to use my 3GS. Thank god I did not sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Now all the flaming idiots who have been complaining can go shove it. If you have a problem you have no reason not to return the phone. Now they are all going to be complaining about how "their time was wasted".

I can almost guarantee that if it is deemed a hardware issue and they physically make changes to the phone you will be able to swap it out.
    Idiots are the one who keeps the phone with design flaw. Smart ones like me returned it and put my phone back to my 3GS, as well as making sure my upgrade qualification is reinstated.
    I am going to continue complaining about the phone, keep people from buying it because of this design flaw until Apple fixes the design.
    Last edited by unison999; 07-03-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

all these problems with the i4 really irks me to no end. I really wanted to finally upgrade from my 2g(three years worth) which still looks and works like new. Oh! well........I guess I will continue using my 2g maybe until 5g then again who knows what kind of problems it will have. Unless Apple addresses all the issues quickly, they'll have a massive evo 4g exodus on their hands.
    Last edited by swifty7; 07-03-2010 at 04:56 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Returned
    I just re-activated my sim int he 3GS and I am returning the Iphone4. My phone was so bad that it would start to drop signal when I laid it flat on my palm without a grip on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    It is RETURNED!!!
    May buy it again once they fix this issue, until they fix it I will continue to use my 3GS. Thank god I did not sell it.

Idiots are the one who keeps the phone with design flaw. Smart ones like me returned it and put my phone back to my 3GS, as well as making sure my upgrade qualification is reinstated.
    I am going to continue complaining about the phone, keep people from buying it because of this design flaw until Apple fixes the design.
    Did you do this prior to returning it or on the spot, and through who ATT or Apple?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went ot AT&T retail store and they told me I MUST return the phone at an Apple store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey swifty upgrade every year. your two g is ancient not to mention laggy and so is the 3g. if you upgrade every year you can sell your old phone unlocked for more then you'll pay for the new one. there's not that many problems with the new phone and think about the problems you have with your 2g like only one camera, no retina display, no facetime, no gps, no flash, the list could on and on.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

He lived this long without all the mentioned above, he can continue to live without it. Will he be able to live with even more dropped calls, bad signals and static talking to others? That is the question when thinking about "upgrade" to iPhone 4.

Return it to Apple, since they are the one who is offering return with no penalty. Not sure if they take returns from other retailers though you will have to call and ask.
    Last edited by unison999; 07-03-2010 at 05:49 PM.